Harbor vs onsite security line

tink89

DIS Veteran
We stayed on site this past December 27-31. Security lines were either 1 min -10 min wait depending on the time. The last time we we went in December and stayed at a good neighbor hotel security lines were for sure less than 10 min. We are always there for rope drop so usually arrive to security line around 30-45 min before the park opens.

I have heard lines now are longer is this true or is because people go with higher expectations? We will be staying offsite again in December with a group of 12. Staying at the Anaheim Marriott what time should we leave to make it in time for rope drop? We do not need to be the first ones the gate just not the last ones either.

TIA

We have never stayed in December - but we were there last month and arrived early for rope drop as well and never had an issue with security lines from Harbor - we waited like 10 minutes at the very most.

We have never stayed in December - but we were there last month and arrived early for rope drop as well and never had an issue with security lines from Harbor - we waited like 10 minutes at the very most.
Thanks. We usually stay on harbor at the Hilton. Last time we stayed in December on harbor was 2013. most recent stay on harbor was june 2016 and lines were fine for 8am opening and 7 am opening. But i read a lot on here about how security lines on harbor were very long. I am not sure if that is mostly people who have gone one time and did not know what to expect or if people are exaggerating.

I was prepared for the worst for last years trip but ended up switching to DLH and didn't get to see how harbor line were. I also read a lot about how the park was more packed ow during Christmas than when i had last gone in 2013 but i found it the same. We probably ended up doing more this time. Mostly part to MP

I am usually the one telling people to go during Xmas because it will be packed but still manageable.

We always go like you in December(but at the start of the month so less crowded) and get there about an hour before rd- we’ve never experienced a super long line at security on the Harbor side, only on the on-site side actually lol if you are going at prime times yes, you’ll have a line but before rd like that you shouldn’t wait more then a few minutes.

We always go like you in December(but at the start of the month so less crowded) and get there about an hour before rd- we’ve never experienced a super long line at security on the Harbor side, only on the on-site side actually lol if you are going at prime times yes, you’ll have a line but before rd like that you shouldn’t wait more then a few minutes.

We had the opposite experience lately. We will usually do a split stay onsite and Harbor. When we are onsite we zoom through security, with usually 0 wait. Just walk through.
Harbor has easily been 20 min+ every time for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter