Harbor McDonalds Closed for Renovation

I have been to that McDonalds a few times. usually long line to order and slow delivery. always walked from the hotel so never used the drive thru.

is the drive up window any better? wonder if they would let you walk up to the window?

I have been to that McDonalds a few times. usually long line to order and slow delivery. always walked from the hotel so never used the drive thru.

is the drive up window any better? wonder if they would let you walk up to the window?

From my understanding no, you cannot walk up to the drive through and normally there is a sign posted indicating this is not allowed due to safety reasons. We would not use the drive through as we would be walking by. Service there is notoriously poor but it was convenient sometimes on our way back from the parks.

Whitewater Snacks in the Grand Californian Hotel is a great place to eat. It has a great menu. The down part is they close at 9pm. They are open from 6am I think. Wide variety of items there from premade to cooked on the spot. Very relaxing too. You can get items to go. Check out the menu with prices on the Disneyland site. We like to enter from the DCA exit (across from Grizzly Rapids) into the GCH. So relaxing to sit outside while enjoying chicken nachos.
I must say we were very disappointed with WWS. We ordered their beef nachos. Most of the toppings were cold. And it didn't taste that great. I much prefer Tortilla Joes in DTD.

Yikes! We have always had good luck there. We like Tortilla Joe's too! When we were there in October, we had the best server named Tyler.

If you have ART passes, one of the buses, I dont recall the # will stop right in front of Red Robins, Outback Steakhouse and Joes Crab Shack. We usually leave the park for lunch and get one of these three. It gives you a small break from the chaos and IMO a better meal then Disney food and its usually cheaper.

I must say we were very disappointed with WWS. We ordered their beef nachos. Most of the toppings were cold. And it didn't taste that great. I much prefer Tortilla Joes in DTD.

Yikes indeed!!! and then I saw it...the word "most".....perhaps a culture bent of Grandma's potato salad.... When I eat nachos, I only expect the meat and pineapple to be warm and for sure the cheese half melted....the rest of the toppings go on cold, the lettuce, the tomato, the cilantro, the green onion, sour cream, guac, sweet peppers ...and if I find them for a buck at Sprouts, very ripe pineapple....so I find WWS nachos to be very good

We also were like meh about WWS - it was eatable but it was not worth the Disney pricing attached. It was basically counter service you find at the rest of the park, maybe not even as good. I guess we all carry around different expectations and perhaps it was just a couple of bad experiences with us as others love it.

Hated them. Got a burger there once said no pickles, came with pickels brought it back and they assured me they'd re-make it. Came back a few mins later with my now cold fries and getting cold burger and I bit into pickle juice. That's a serious level of lazy. At that point I was too tired to go through a whole I know you're lying to my face production over it so I ate it. I will never be returning, it was completely unacceptable.

For us, the best things about WWS are: the lack of crowds (at least, when we go), the nicer restrooms nearby, and the chance to meet some DCA cats (although this is much more rare now that Patches & family have been adopted). The food is basic, usually fine. But we usually get the cold sandwiches from the case, not the hot food.

Hated them. Got a burger there once said no pickles, came with pickels brought it back and they assured me they'd re-make it. Came back a few mins later with my now cold fries and getting cold burger and I bit into pickle juice. That's a serious level of lazy. At that point I was too tired to go through a whole I know you're lying to my face production over it so I ate it. I will never be returning, it was completely unacceptable.
My DH got a burger there and he said his was cold. When he asked for a new one they said sure, brought him out another one. His first bite was warm. But anything after that was cold. they probably just tossed it in the microwave for 10 seconds and nuked it.

For those of you who had problems at WWS, did you alert Disney about the issues? Disney management cannot fix what they don't know about. Even now, if you have the dates, times, CM descriptions or names (if the issues involve specific CMs), etc., send in a detailed comment to Disney using the "contact us" link on the website. Describe what happened and why it was a problem for you. Explain what you expected/needed and how the experience could have been better. It is important for Disney to hear about these things in order for service to improve. Complaining about things here won't help if no one from Disney management reads the comments.

From my understanding no, you cannot walk up to the drive through and normally there is a sign posted indicating this is not allowed due to safety reasons. We would not use the drive through as we would be walking by. Service there is notoriously poor but it was convenient sometimes on our way back from the parks.

I was only half-serious about walking up to the drive-thru window.

maybe they should go back to the original McDonalds concept, no inside dining and walk-up windows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter