Harbor McDonalds Closed for Renovation

So that obviously means all the other resturants around the area will be very busy like Dennys, Captain Kidds, ....Geez its going to be crazy busy because Mcdonalds pushes through alot of people

Oh, please do NOT go to Captain Kidds.......worst, worst restaurant in the area.....many, many reports of people getting ill after eating there....

I have never been to captain kidds , was looking at going this time but after these comments i think i will stay clear of this place...i cant take that risk of my kids falling ill overseas...
Are there any other resturants around you would reccomend for kids/ besides dennys & ihop? nothing too fancy as our DD1 does not let us sit long enough to enjoy our meal lol :sad2:
Oh the joys of parenthood ::yes::

Are there any other resturants around you would reccomend for kids/ besides dennys & ihop? nothing too fancy as our DD1 does not let us sit long enough to enjoy our meal lol :sad2:
We tried out the new Pizza Press location (Harbor & Disney Way, attached to The Anaheim Hotel) last week. Build your own pizza for $10 and, as far as I could tell, toppings are unlimited and don't cost extra. Pizza runs through the oven on a belt and the crust is thin so it doesn't take 20 minutes to get your order. Also a decent beer list if your kids are driving you to drink...

We tried out the new Pizza Press location (Harbor & Disney Way, attached to The Anaheim Hotel) last week. Build your own pizza for $10 and, as far as I could tell, toppings are unlimited and don't cost extra. Pizza runs through the oven on a belt and the crust is thin so it doesn't take 20 minutes to get your order. Also a decent beer list if your kids are driving you to drink...

This is a great place if people want Gluten Free pizza as well!!

Sounds good, everyone loves pizza right?! ::yes:: It would keep the kids busy for a little bit watching the pizza cook.

I have never been to captain kidds , was looking at going this time but after these comments i think i will stay clear of this place...i cant take that risk of my kids falling ill overseas...

Two thumbs up for Pizza Press from us too!
Mimi's is a fairly close walk from Camelot. Register for their E-Club and you'll receive BOGO offers via email. Their coupons have a fairly short expiry date, but they send new offers regularly.

Two thumbs up for Pizza Press from us too!
Mimi's is a fairly close walk from Camelot. Register for their E-Club and you'll receive BOGO offers via email. Their coupons have a fairly short expiry date, but they send new offers regularly.
We have always had BOGO coupons for Mimi's but, this trip, the one expired on the day before we arrived and the next one didn't arrive until three days later, after we were done going to Mimi's. It was a bummer! Seems like there used to never be any gaps.

I can confirm that my husband got ill after eating at Captain Kidds our one and only time. It was quite a few years ago but I would never go back. We've had good luck at the IHOP though. And Mimi's.

is there a website you would recommend that has good coupons? not only for food but other things?

is there a website you would recommend that has good coupons? not only for food but other things?

You might find favoritecandle.com helpful. It has a long list of restaurants in the entire Anaheim area, many that offer coupons through email sign up. Part of me thinks you might want a throwaway email address for this! haha
I recall the coupons for signing up are valid for 7-14 days of signing up. :)

Don't forget to check the visitor's guide in your hotel room. Some hotels keep these in the lobby as well. There are usually many coupons throughout the pages of the guide. Marri's Pizza on Katella is a big favorite on this board. They deliver to the DLR area hotels, so that is another option for times when the little ones won't sit still enough for a sit down meal.

Maybe the worst of the noise was the early demolition. Also, we were right up front near Harbor Blvd, right next to the dumpsters. Maybe request a room farther back? Good luck!
Our room weve reserved has been confirmed its a family suite right up the from on habror blvd ::yes:: we'll be up early half the time anyway with a 1yr old you dont get much sleep ins..
DH is so hard to wake up so maybe the noise will get him up & getting ready

Whitewater Snacks in the Grand Californian Hotel is a great place to eat. It has a great menu. The down part is they close at 9pm. They are open from 6am I think. Wide variety of items there from premade to cooked on the spot. Very relaxing too. You can get items to go. Check out the menu with prices on the Disneyland site. We like to enter from the DCA exit (across from Grizzly Rapids) into the GCH. So relaxing to sit outside while enjoying chicken nachos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!