Harbor McDonalds Closed for Renovation

Laurawill

Mouseketeer
Just thought I would give a quick heads up that the McDonalds on Harbor is closed for renovations. I have no idea if it has been closed for a while or how long it will be down for, we just walked there from our hotel today and found it closed. There is another one about half a mile away that my husband drove to instead on Ball, just annoying to get the kids all the way over there to find it closed (like everything else in January ).

It was open when we were there 2 weeks ago..

But golly the services was slow.

Same with the panera.. both time we went and there was like no one else there and we waited forever.

Anyway- that was a side rant lol

It was open 2 weeks ago so just just have happened.

It was open when we were there 2 weeks ago..

But golly the services was slow.

Same with the panera.. both time we went and there was like no one else there and we waited forever.

Anyway- that was a side rant lol

It was open 2 weeks ago so just just have happened.

I honestly think it's the worst McDonald's I have ever visited - it's awful - our last visit we stopped there once and that was it - never again!

Good to know that we didn’t miss much. I know what you mean about that Panera being slow too. I had pre ordered my food there. It was supposed to be ready at 606. I arrived at 615 and it wasn’t ready until about 625 where it then sat on the counter and was never put in the pick up area. I ended up getting tired of waiting about 5 minutes (not exaggerating either) and walking up to the worker food pick up area and taking my food. It was not that busy they were just incredibly slow.

....that is what happens with a monopoly on that street....no other choice....I find that Carls on Katella west is always friendly....that I am taken back by the quality A+ service there and the wal-mart. I always wonder about fast-food workers in that area, how long is their commute to work. If you ever visit portland, visit the west burnside McDonalds, really great folks in a very difficult setting....I am always amazed by the quality service.

That's unfortunate. We're headed to DL this weekend, going to have to adjust our plans a bit. The kids don't eat park food, and we visit that McD's almost daily when we visit.

Is it 100% closed? The local ones will refurb the interior but keep the drivethru open usually.

Does anyone know how long its closed for? :confused3 My kids have Mcdonalds for a treat & were looking forward to having it for breakfast a few times were there...

We ate there every day when we stayed at the Camelot. I was happy with the place. There are sooo many customers the service was correct to meet the need. I hope they change the way you line up. It was crowded and hard to navigate which line you were in. There was no one standing around. They were just busy filling a lot of orders.

A lot of the McDonald's in our neck of the woods are getting renovated. The one on Harbor Blvd is probably just part of a big McDonald's thing to implement a new look with all of their restaurants. I'm sure that after a few weeks, it will be back online and operating normally.

They were open Thursday last week, closed Monday this week, so it's very recent. Monday it was totally closed, the parking lot was roped off.

I have never had an issue with the service there personally, and it's an easy, cheap stop for dinner for us on the way out usually - we're local-ish to we usually stop after we get the car, on the way to the freeway. The on on Ball was nice though and easy to get to (but too far to walk easily, obviously).

i also hate that place. they charge more than a regular McDonald... i went there once after work and it was like $2 for a regular cheeseburger... i guess they can charge Disney price...

That's wild they closed the whole restaurant down for renovations. Usually they just close portions down in sections to keep the money flowing.

We never had an issue here, perhaps not the fastest service (not the slowest by any means - I'd say the one halfway in Nowhere, Nebraska at 2 a.m. would be the slowest at 30 minutes in the drive-thru lol). Loved stopping there for a quick breakfast or drink stop on the way back to the room. Prices reflect the premium location, but the 10% coupon takes it back down to normal levels.

I know people can get very rude towards some of the workers though. Something about going on vacation makes people feel entitled to treat others badly, which is very sad

That's unfortunate. We're headed to DL this weekend, going to have to adjust our plans a bit. The kids don't eat park food, and we visit that McD's almost daily when we visit.

Is it 100% closed? The local ones will refurb the interior but keep the drivethru open usually.

Try Whitewater Snacks in the Grand Californian hotel. The menu is on the Disneyland site along with prices.

So that obviously means all the other resturants around the area will be very busy like Dennys, Captain Kidds, ....Geez its going to be crazy busy because Mcdonalds pushes through alot of people

I can confirm that they are completely gutting this McDonalds. We were awakened at the Camelot Inn to jackhammering and loud, thudding crashes of debris into dumpsters starting at 6 a.m. during our trip this past week.

I can confirm that they are completely gutting this McDonalds. We were awakened at the Camelot Inn to jackhammering and loud, thudding crashes of debris into dumpsters starting at 6 a.m. during our trip this past week.
Oh goody ...... not.....were staying at the Camelot Inn also....lol and here hubby is thinking hes going to be sleeping in a couple of days on the trip :rotfl2: no chance of that.
I will be up early with the kiddies anyway but still annoying..well they have 10 days until im there so it better be done by then haha

Oh goody ...... not.....were staying at the Camelot Inn also....lol and here hubby is thinking hes going to be sleeping in a couple of days on the trip :rotfl2: no chance of that.
I will be up early with the kiddies anyway but still annoying..well they have 10 days until im there so it better be done by then haha
Maybe the worst of the noise was the early demolition. Also, we were right up front near Harbor Blvd, right next to the dumpsters. Maybe request a room farther back? Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!