Happy St. Nicholas Day! (December 6th)

Brer_Papa

DIS Veteran
Today is St. Nicholas Day.

When I was a kid, Mom & Pop celebrated St. Nicholas Day by telling us kids that this was a prelude to Christmas. So, before bed on December 5th, we hung our stockings. We were told that St. Nick, AKA Santa Claus, was doing an early check on us to make sure we were being good, and that we would stay good or Christmas would be bleak.

We would find fruit and candy canes in our stockings in the morning. Then, off to Mass followed by a huge Breakfast. Pop always took the morning off and after breakfast took us to school.

I continued the tradition in my family. My many brothers and sisters have also. Now, my children are carrying this on for their kids.

Anybody else observe St. Nicholas Day?

Happy ST Nicholas DAY!!

Sort of. My church is St. Nicholas Orthodox Church - so we had a special service on the evening of the 5th, followed by a feast and goodies for the kids.

I missed it. :( But Happy St. Nicholas Day. :)

That is a wonderful tradition - I have never heard of it! Thanks for sharing it with us.

What a nice tradition! This is late but Happy St Nicholas Day to you!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!