Happy 20th anniversary to Disney’s Animal Kingdom!

Oh, I looked at the baseball hat, loved it. I have no use for a hat so didn't buy it but if I wore hats I would have bought that one.

Hey AngieTN...was it super crowded all day or did it thin out eventually?
We left about 5:30 and I'd say it was thinning out. They were no longer controlling shopping in the stores. There were no lines to get in the park. There were still quite a lot of people milling about in the walkways though.
I'm very curious to compare the numbers on touring Plans to last year's Anniversary day. I think it was way more crowded. In my unscientific evaluation.

We left about 5:30 and I'd say it was thinning out. They were no longer controlling shopping in the stores. There were no lines to get in the park. There were still quite a lot of people milling about in the walkways though.
I'm very curious to compare the numbers on touring Plans to last year's Anniversary day. I think it was way more crowded. In my unscientific evaluation.
Happy Anniversary, Angi!

Thanks for taking time out of your special day to report in on events of AK’s Anniversary. :goodvibes Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Oh, I looked at the baseball hat, loved it. I have no use for a hat so didn't buy it but if I wore hats I would have bought that one.
Its online now too. I am tempted but also don't wear hats.

Happy Anniversary to you as well!

Cool! I like the limited edition one too but already have a blue and yellow one.

I’d love to see the perch when it’s done.

I'll post a pic. I'm sure the printing will go well, it's my painting afterwards I'm worried about. So not an artist, though I try very hard. I took art 1 twice in high school :(

Joe Rohde signed prints are going for $900+ on eBay. They were $55.....

Seriously??? I have one from two years ago....hmm. I could sell that and try to fund the 11k Safari with him.

The Pandora Utility Suit is showing up on this week's "Weekly In-house Show Schedule", however it's not showing up on next week's schedule or the two weeks after that, very strange.

We were at AK most of the day. It's by far my favorite park. I always say it's the only park that is never the same each trip. We spend more time there than all others. Epcot comes second.

I've posted already that traffic was a disaster due to the dark side half. What should have taken 10 min drive from Boardwalk took about 45 min. Even the buses were stuck. There was no bad weather at all. Never a drop off rain. Well, maybe 1 out 2 fell but that was well after the ceremony. We were looking at purple Martin houses

Oh, we got to hold a leaf from the tree of Life too. They are neat.

Once at the park no one really knew much about what was going on. Trying to get in line to buy the Anniversary stuff was a mess. One CM sent you one way. Another CM sent you another. We went in circles for a good 15 min. Finally got in line to shop and then another one to check out. They made the lines at Pandora look organized and short in comparison.

We had a great Safari and a great Path Less Traveled Tour. Got to see some elephant drama caused by no one was sure what. Just know all the sudden they started running and Stella was trumpeting. The matriarch had to calm everyone down
Got to see a sheep getting worked on up at Rafikis. Reproductive issues. Meet Jill the donkey.

We didn't bother trying to get the print or Joe's signature. First of all, I'll be honest, not Joe's best work. I'd never hang it. Secondly, we have a dinner with Joe on Wednesday.

I'd post pics but I can't seem to figure out how to upload from my phone so will have to wait till we are back from dinner
How did you like a path less traveled? We're doing it on Sunday and I'm trying to figure out if we can see Lion King @10am before check in for the tour. Also curious what times are available for the Caring for Giants portion since I've heard different things.

How did you like a path less traveled? We're doing it on Sunday and I'm trying to figure out if we can see Lion King @10am before check in for the tour. Also curious what times are available for the Caring for Giants portion since I've heard different things.
We loved the tour. I know they offered the 3:45 and the one before that. Not positive about the start time, I think 3:00. And not sure if they had any others than those two. I know they let you pick if you had any conflicts.

You should be about to make it if you rush really fast. There were stragglers checking in with our group. They had us split in 3 parts. We were in the middle group. If you come in after the show is say you'll be in the last one

The Pandora Utility Suit is showing up on this week's "Weekly In-house Show Schedule", however it's not showing up on next week's schedule or the two weeks after that, very strange.
You back at HS anymore this week? We just didn't have time to get by last night

Hi

Great info here. Question: Will the 20th Anniversary merchandise and food be on sale at the park during the year?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter