Hanging up my running shoes

Thank you for sharing this update. Sending you lots of virtual hugs and sending every good vibe I have for positive scans and a WDW trip in January!

I had thought of you recently when we switched to MS teams at work and everyone is attaching gifs everywhere, I wished for your skills.
Thank you for the update, we are all wishing you fantastic outcomes sprinkled with some magic.

You’re a tough cookie and have so much love from your family and an endless amount of support, prayers and pixie dust from all of your dis-friends! #ZellyStrong!!!

Another update from me and it's good news! I had a CT and Bone Scan a couple of weeks ago to assess if my treatments are working and...they are! No progression of the disease and some indications of tumor death and healing with "sclerotic lesions" which sounds not good but IS good as it indicates healing. So, we get to continue with current treatment (which are my chemo pills) that really don't cause me huge side effects. Hopefully that's it and no more surgeries or radiation needed for awhile. I'm seeing a neurosurgeon again today to see if they might be able to help with my back pain with an injection or spinal block sort of thing. But all in all things are going as well as can be expected. Long-term prognosis remains grim, but I'm thankful for the current success with treatment as we buy as much time as possible. I read a recent new study published in Australia I think about the effectiveness of bee venom on triple-negative breast cancer cells. It's an early study and just done in vitro (think petri dish) and not in vivo (testing on a human or animal) but hey, I take any rays of hope you know. I've had a life-long irrational fear of stinging insects, so how ironic would it be if the bees were to save me. :) Thanks for continued thoughts and prayers as we continue the fight. Planning to start doing some walking with Chris and maybe gaining some strength back that way. Running remains part of my past, but maybe we can substitute walking instead.

Hi all,

Long time, no post. :) Wanted to do a quick check-in to say I still follow along and enjoy reading posts. We took a trip with our daughters and two of their friends in February to WDW and had a wonderful trip. It was definitely different than our usual trips and I really missed characters and the fireworks, but we managed to have a great time anyway. I was able to use an ECV for the trip to help with my stamina issues and I developed a new appreciation for how easy Disney makes it for those with mobility impairments. It was great.

I'm hanging in there with the disease and treatments. The first treatment I was on quit working so had to switch to a new one a couple of months ago. So far I'm tolerating it reasonably well, so just hoping it is being effective.

My DH, Chris, and one of my daughters, Paige, would love to get back to Marathon Weekend. Both thinking of running Dopey. Holding out a slim hope that maybe MW 2022 will happen. I'll enjoy getting to be on the cheering side of things.

Like I said, I still follow along and read a lot, so it's always nice to see those of you still training away even in these strange times. Good luck to all of you on future races be they virtual or in-person and maybe I'll get to see some of you in person at some future runDisney events.

Having been away from the boards off and on for a while, I'm just now reading about your health issues over the past year or so. I'm sad to read about the setbacks but elated to hear treatment is working! I remember meeting you and Chris at a meet-up at Hurricane Hanna's back in 2018(?), and you both were such wonderful people (like so many other DISers). Wishing you the best and hoping for a strong recovery!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!