Handicapped parking at the parks

Experiment_626

Stealth Geek
We go to WDW several times a year and always drive down, and we take our car to get around the resort -- meaning, we drive to the parks. Beginning with our next trip, we'll be able to use the handicapped parking spaces. It crossed my mind today that I don't know how to get to that section of the lots for any of the parks. Parking lot cast members are always directing traffic in a given direction -- how do we either bypass that area and get to the handicapped spaces, or inform the cast members that that's what we need, so they'll direct us properly?

SSB

Look in the road, after passing through the parking lot toll station, for a blue painted line. Follow it to the handicap parking areas. One thing, you might want to take the bus to Magic Kingdom, the HA parking there has no tram access, and requires you to walk or wheelchair down and up a steep ramp as walkway passes under a road near the MK kennel, then up another steep ramp to the monorail, or down an incline to the boats. The resort bus will drop you much closer to the main entrance of the park.

For AK and studios, stay to the right lane after passing through the toll stations.

For EPCOT, the parking will vary, depending on which side of the parking lot they are using when you arrive. Normally, be sure your hangtag (or license plate) is visible to the parking attendants. When they are turning most cars into a row for parking, you will be directed to go straight head, the closest 2 of three rows are for HA parking. Watch our for pedestrians, especially at EPCOT, people will walk in the middle of the road and be comletely oblivious to the fact there is a car or van behind them.

Watch our for pedestrians, especially at EPCOT, people will walk in the middle of the road and be comletely oblivious to the fact there is a car or van behind them.
I'm used to that; I work at a major university, and the students seem to think the roads on campus are just wide sidewalks.

Thanks for the help.

SSB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter