Handicap viewing and the MK 3 pm parade

Rileygirl

DIS Veteran
sorry, I did search this but did not find any recent results. The viewing areas for the 3pm parade at magic kingdom- how soon do you need to get there in order to get a spot? I'm thinking if they do the parade (last thing before exiting, ) they would likely do the liberty square spot. If they show up at 2:30 ish, will that be soon enough? This is a Sunday in Feb, but over that dang holiday weekend.....

Any opinion is appreciated!
TIA

sorry, I did search this but did not find any recent results. The viewing areas for the 3pm parade at magic kingdom- how soon do you need to get there in order to get a spot? I'm thinking if they do the parade (last thing before exiting, ) they would likely do the liberty square spot. If they show up at 2:30 ish, will that be soon enough? This is a Sunday in Feb, but over that dang holiday weekend.....

Any opinion is appreciated!
TIA
only problem that I have read about is if group is larger than 1 other person might only be able to have handicapped person and one other member of party with her in the handicapped viewing area. I would have them waiting at least 30 minutes after parade ends to head to buses. they do not want to be in the huge crowd leaving right after parade. Main Street will be crowded with people both coming in and leaving. if I remember correctly the parade starts in frontierland and ends on main street which would have them going same direction as parade not fun even without rollator

Yes only one ( sometimes you can have 2 people with the person where one sits in front and one stands in the back of them) You really do not need to be in a handicap area just get there 30-45 minutes beforehand ( any area really) and find a spot along the rope and sit, You can take this time for a break and grab a snack. I was able to find a spot ( Frontierland) 60-70 minutes before the parade NYE.

Yes the parade goes from Frontierland to main street so I would not try to leave right away but wait 30 or so minutes for it to really pass. and I love seeing it in Frontierland main street get busy and you really have to stack out your spot sooner.

Thank you guys! I had it in my head that it went from Main Street to frontierland for some reason!

I will have them take their time exiting the park afterwards as well. Sounds like they just as well find a spot in frontier land then at the designated areas.

Many thanks to both of you
~A

Unfortunately they got rid of the disabled viewing area years ago. I do ask every trip in case they've reinstated it, but so far they haven't. :(

However. Best kept secret. The BEST place to watch the parade is coming up and round from Adventureland. Pass Splash Mountain, and there are big gates just before BTM. If you time it right they'll have started putting up the barriers, and the corner there is absolutely perfect if you're in a wheelchair or scooter. DD and I had a perfect view of the parade as it came out from the back: I was able to turn the front of my scooter round so it curved round the corner of the rope and I was sitting far enough forward to see. Normally you're a long way back from the front wheel (which obviously mustn't protrude) and then you can't see anything.

We've also watched from opposite the buildings just past Pecos Bills, just before it does a right turn to go over the wooden bridge and down into the hub. We chose a spot where the rope was so close to the wall that OH and DD were able to sit on the wall and I parked in front of them with my scooter lengthwise and turned the seat round to face the front. Mind you, that particular view is very reliant on not having selfish pigs leaving right over in front of you with their cameras and not only spoiling your view, but also placing themselves centre of all and any photos/videos you try to take!

Finally, DD and I found another great spot just behind the castle next to the wall, where we watched the Halloween parade. Again, i got into the corner where no-one could get in front of me, and once the walkway across had been roped off, had a brilliant view of the whole thing. Would have been even better had a couple of CMs not been standing against the rope themselves blocking my view! I sometimes wonder if they do this on purpose ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter