Hand steamers

mumsy1955

DISNEY FAN
Are you allowed to take a hand steamer on board,if not what are the laundry costs for example pressing a suit?.Going on Oasis of the Seas

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy
Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners.

Not positive about most up to date laundry prices, but it looks as if a suit pressing is about $10 for next-day service.

no hand held steamers allowed. pressing is half the coast of dry cleaning. ( and cheaper than the guy we used at some duty stations for dress uniforms)

One tip i learned doing a lot of business travel etc. buy a garment bag. I got mine cheap at TJ Maxx. But they have american tourister at walmart etc. it can be standalone, but mine fits inside my large suitcase. Hang up clothes in garment bag(mine are usuallu still in plastic from local cleaner), then use the garment bag to tuck, strap, fold nicely. When you get your room and luggage, take it out and hang right away. The first time someone takes a hot shower, hang the suit, shirt etc up in the bathroom, and the steam from the shower will ease any residual wrinkles the garment bag didnt prevent.

Dh always sends his shirts and pants out for pressing as soon as we have access to the statero and have our bags. Terrific service and not expensive at all.

He has also realized that their dry cleaning service is cheaper than our local dry cleaners, so we don't even have his and Ds's suits cleaned ahead of time. Just send them out the moment we can!

No you can not. When I was on the FOS last year they took it and I was able to get it back at the end of the cruise.

MadamG2U

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!