Hallowishes Premium Dessert Party

Bruinsmom

Earning My Ears
Looking for opinions on this. Just booked for my husband and I for our weekend getaway but now having second thoughts. Opinions please!!! Thanks!

IMO big waste of precious party time. I'd rather be doing exclusive party offerings rather than giving up over an hour for the dessert party. I'd do the Dessert party on a regular park night or not at all.

We are doing the dessert party for the first time on the 25th. I'll let you know how it goes.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend it. You will have terrace seating which doesn't have a great view and I've personally never had a problem finding a good spot for party fireworks. Non-party nights is another story. If you plan on seeing HEA, I would consider cancelling the MNSSHP dessert party and booking the HEA garden view one instead. It's cheaper, you get a great view and will avoid the general park evening crowds.

I would agree that it is a waste of not just time but money as well. However, just a personal opinion and you need to decide for yourself.

Over the years we have enjoyed the dessert parties less and less. Now that the seating is first come first serve vs assigned, and parade viewing is not good we have stopped going. Since it's a ticketed event we prefer to enjoy the event itself.

My mom and I went in 2015 and loved it. We found it relaxing to not have to waste our time finding a parade and fireworks spot and that alone was worth the money. The parade viewing section was basically empty and we had a prime spot directly in front of the castle. For the fireworks we had a table reserved right in the very front of the terrace and didn't find the side view of the fireworks a problem at all. For what we were doing it was great as we just wanted to leisurely enjoy the special events and didn't care about going on rides, meeting characters, or trick-or-treating. That being said, it really did take up a good chunk of the night. We watched the Hocus Pocus show as well and barely had time to do anything else. The way it is setup now though I don't think we would do it again. I don't think it includes the parade viewing anymore, the dessert party seating is first come first serve, and I think there might be a projection component on the castle for the fireworks now which makes the terrace view not ideal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter