Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I literally can’t find anyone talking about the fact that their music was just on a playlist that reset every hour? And it wasn’t like chill disney music it was mostly unbearable disney channel style remixes of songs. why :( was it like that on the first day as well?
Every Halloween party that I ever went to at Disneyland was like that. It seemed like maybe a total of 5 songs on repeat.

Question for anyone who has gone already this year: What are the non candy treats for trick or treating?
I am going with someone who wants to trick or treat and I don't want any candy.

I’m getting so excited for Tuesday! Not going to lie, I was a little bummed to be going solo (still am a little bit), but I’m also sort of glad because I can do whatever I want lol. I feel like during the other Halloween parties I could never take full advantage of the specific party offerings. This time I can!

Disneyland’s “flying wire” is different than WDW. For WDW, it’s basically a controlled zip line for Tink to get from the top of the castle to the roof of Tomorrowland Terrace. DL is much more controlled and allows things to go back and forth and up/down. That goes for Zero, Tink, and for some recent shows-Buzz, the Up house, and Nemo.

Disneyland’s “flying wire” is different than WDW. For WDW, it’s basically a controlled zip line for Tink to get from the top of the castle to the roof of Tomorrowland Terrace. DL is much more controlled and allows things to go back and forth and up/down. That goes for Zero, Tink, and for some recent shows-Buzz, the Up house, and Nemo.
Don't forget Dumbo!!!!

He doesn't really fly "around " the castle. He just goes back and forth.

During other shows, Dumbo, Tinkerbell, and Nemo do it too. It is way cool and something uniquely Disneyland.

If my reservation is for 2:50 pm, will that be eligible for The Parade Package?

I don't know; according to GothicRosie, it's supposed to be between the 3-4:50 timeframe. You may have to ask upon check-in but if you can snag a 3 PM, I'd do it just to be safe. Although according to one of the posts above, it's also all now standing room and not seating for the parade.

I don't know; according to GothicRosie, it's supposed to be between the 3-4:50 timeframe. You may have to ask upon check-in but if you can snag a 3 PM, I'd do it just to be safe. Although according to one of the posts above, it's also all now standing room and not seating for the parade.
Ugh. Thank you for the clarification. There were no more available times besides 2:50 pm. I probably should call beforehand so I have time to cancel the reservation ...

Ugh. Thank you for the clarification. There were no more available times besides 2:50 pm. I probably should call beforehand so I have time to cancel the reservation ...

Definitely give them a call! I haven't seen too many updates yet on how the dining packages went yesterday. Hopefully they cleared some things up which will make it easier to figure out what's going on with it.

Definitely give them a call! I haven't seen too many updates yet on how the dining packages went yesterday. Hopefully they cleared some things up which will make it easier to figure out what's going on with it.
Based on other people's reports, it sounds like unless you absolutely need the package to skip it. The viewing is semi far back and people were able to walk up and get better viewing.
Someone please correct me if I misinterpreted that.

Based on other people's reports, it sounds like unless you absolutely need the package to skip it. The viewing is semi far back and people were able to walk up and get better viewing.
Someone please correct me if I misinterpreted that.

Yep! The viewing area is from the balcony of the restaurant or something like that? Walking up to secure a spot for the parade would definitely be easier, unless seating is something that is needed. In my group, we have a few that may need seating, so we're trying to figure out how this will work out since seating is possibly not even available now with the latest change.

I’m getting so excited for Tuesday! Not going to lie, I was a little bummed to be going solo (still am a little bit), but I’m also sort of glad because I can do whatever I want lol. I feel like during the other Halloween parties I could never take full advantage of the specific party offerings. This time I can!
I'm going on Tuesday too! It's my first time doing any of the halloween parties, so I'm excited!

Don't forget Dumbo!!!!
For some reason I don't think I've ever seen him during a show! I think the fireworks shows with him coincide with the time I lived on the East Coast so only came home during the holidays, when they would have the Christmas fireworks!

Is all the merchandise available at all the locations? Like would I be able to find the pins etc over in Grizzly or another less busy location?

Thanks!

Question maybe someone can answer, trying to figure out if we have time to do the Oogie Boogie treat trail at 6:00 and then make it to the DescenDance show at 6:15. I don't want to miss the start of the show, but I'm hoping since they are so close to one another we could pull it off. This is assuming the treat trail is open on time. We could be lined up and ready before 6pm. I've just never done a treat trail so I don't know how long it takes to walk through one?

Question maybe someone can answer, trying to figure out if we have time to do the Oogie Boogie treat trail at 6:00 and then make it to the DescenDance show at 6:15. I don't want to miss the start of the show, but I'm hoping since they are so close to one another we could pull it off. This is assuming the treat trail is open on time. We could be lined up and ready before 6pm. I've just never done a treat trail so I don't know how long it takes to walk through one?
I wouldn’t count on it being open at 6. It only takes like five minutes once you’re in though.

I couldn’t find an XL on Buena Vista street by 630. The large fit fine but I really wanted comfy baggy so I figured it was a sign and didn’t buy it.

Then I found an XL in the Grizzly shop at 10 🤣

So check there everyone!

I found a few xl and xxl at the stand out in front of the Sonoma Tasting Terrace around 7PM. I think it may be a good strategy to bypass the Buena Vista street shops and head further into the park. The other party merchandise seemed to be in good supply throughout the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!