Halloween Party worth the $$?

3boys

Earning My Ears
I'm on a pretty limited budget for our trip, but MNSSHP looks like a lot of fun. Is it worth the extra $100 it would cost for my family? It will be me and 3 sons, ages 16/14/8. Any thoughts? Thanks:wave:

All I know is we enjoyed it.. My Mom (64), Daughter (21) grandson (1) and Me (45)
We thought it was worth the money.. grandson got tons of candy... we didnt ride that
night as we took our time looking at all the sites.. but it is packed.. tons of people.. but we
enjoyed it so much we are going back this year too...PLus adding my sister... already have tickets.. I dont know if its
true but was told you didnt have to go to the park earlier in the day, if you want you can rest and then just go to the party..from 7-12. I think your kids would enjoy it.. my daughter who is the 21 year old dressed up.. she really had a good time... not many party's for a 21 year old to dress up and not feel funny...

I've read up on MNSSHP a lot and it sounds like a lot of fun. I just got my tickets in the mail yesterday! We'll be there on October 31st!!! When I ordered the ticket I asked specifically if we needed to use them on a day when we were using our park hoppers. The CM told me that it's a "hard ticket" event, i.e., you don't need to use your park hopper with it. We'll be taking it easy that day as we'll have my four year old and six month old with us!

We spent last Halloween there. It was awesome. Rode rides, tons of candy, pics (see below), lots of interesting costumes. If you can get the kids to dress up it's a blast being in costume. We spent Halloween evening there last year but when we do it again I think we will pick another evening as our hotel had a halloween party on the 31. we spent some of the evening there and it was fun also.

Check out www.badshoe.com site it has a link to our halloween adventures.

oh, yes, yes, yes. to be honest, i've never done halloween before, but i've done other late nights. it's is sooooooo worth it just to not have to wait on line for years. we rode splash mtn 3x straight last year w/o ever having to even get out of the log! we decided that $27.51 to be able to do that & more on 10/31 was a good buy. have fun!

We went down for this last year and was a blast!... We have a four year old and she loved it. We will be back down for it this year.. You feel almost like you are in a different park. Disney can make over the Magic Kingdom for all of it's special events. The kids and adults have a blast. I have never seen so many adults dress up for halloween before. And relax during the day. Because at about 10:30 pm last year the park started to empty out with people with young children. I don't think we waited more than 10 minutes to get on any of the attractions from 10:30 til midnight. See everyone there!!!!:jester: :pinkbounc :smooth:

Would this be an appropriate event for adults without children? My DH & I love to dress up and have fun on Halloween. Do adults without children go dressed up? Do adults get candy too?

My mum and I are going- no kids. I may dress up but my mum won't though she'll love watching everybody else.
Wendy

I certainly won't say we were "disappointed", but I honestly didn't feel it was completely worth all that extra money. We went on the 31st, and I thought it was kinda busy. Not packed, but busy. If I had to do it again, I would probably find a good free Halloween Party to go to on halloween night, but then pick one of the other nights to go to the MNSSHP. I heard the Boardwalk had a neat party -where the kids carve their pumpkin with some help, and they had games and stuff there. Like I said- I don't want to be a party pooper here, but I would have to think pretty hard before I paid it again. Oh- if you're wondering- it was me (30) my boyfriend (33) and twin girls age 8 at the time. So check around, there are free fun stuff to do at Disney (area) that might be worth checking into.:rolleyes:

We were thinking of doing the same thing (if we get to go). We thought we'd pay for the party instead of buying a ticket for the whole day. What type of free things are there to do? My DD isn't too keen on riding much of the rides anyway. What rides are open?

Did you have to be staying at the Boardwalk to go to the party there?

No- we didn't stay there at Boardwalk. In fact we stayed at MOWC. But I bet you can go to the party even if you don't stay there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter