• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween Horror Nights vs. other theme parks' Halloween celebrations?

apanopio

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever visited other theme parks for their Halloween celebrations?

I am planning on seeing Busch Garden's Howl-O-Scream and Disney's Halloween Party and I was wondering how they compare.

After visiting HHN 2 years ago, I got hooked on the whole theme park Halloween event and I want to experience as much as possible.

I've already been to Cedar Point's Halloween and Six Flag's Great America's Fright Fest. They were OK but in no way matches HHN.

I've also been to Knott's Scary Farm and HHN in Hollywood. Knott's is probably the closest thing to compare to HHN Orlando in terms of themeing and shows. HHN Hollywood is about 50% of what HHN Orlando and Knott's does.

I want to visit Spooky World in Boston. Has anyone been there? They're claiming they are the best Halloween Theme Park anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Last year I visited Howl-O-Scream at BGT. It really doesn't compare to HHN, but the crowds were not quite as bad and it was way cheaper to get in. They only had three haunted mazes and all of them except for the one in the skyride building were pretty lame IMO. Still it was fun riding the coasters at night. There were also hardly any scareactors in the streets.

The Halloween thing at Disney I believe is completely different. It's more of a party for children with a parade, so don't expect any mazes or scareactors!

Jim

Knott's Scary Farm (CA) and Halloween Horror Nights (FL) are considered the two biggest and best Halloween events by a very considerable margin by most theme park trade magazines and enthusiast groups.

The Halloween events at the Six Flags, Paramount, and Cedar Fair parks, while pretty good, are still a far cry from the full-blown extent, special effects, and thrills offered by Knott's and Universal.

If you are looking for thrills, stay well away from Disney's "not-so-scary" events. If you have children 8yrs and under, are on vacation in Orlando, and want to give them a chance to go trick-or-treating - then Disney will be the place for you to get some "free" candy for the kids.

Sea World also has a Halloween event for kids.

I've been to Howl-O-Scream and I found it to be a wannabe HHN. It doesn't compare at all to HHN. There are scareactors around, but they weren't very scary. Some of them hid in the dark and just stayed there. It was neat to ride the coasters in the dark, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter