Halloween Fireworks from Californian Grill

carolynn38

Earning My Ears
We have booked Californian Grill in Sept on a MNSSHP evening - although firework schedule has not yet been posted I am thinking they will be the same as last year at 10.15pm. Our reservation is quite late at 8.45pm. Do you think this is a good time or should we bring earlier / later to see the fireworks?

That is a perfect time! Go out to the deck for fireworks and come back in for dessert.

I have that same ADR time in December for a MVMCP night! It will be fine. I had a 9 PM ADR last September on a party night and we were finishing our entrees when it was time to head out on the deck. That is why I made it a little earlier this year for the Xmas party.

Yeah, I honestly prefer to have finished before the fireworks, but you should be fine. Depending on how long you wait to get seated and how many courses, you should be finishing or on to dessert by that point. I always expect to spend 90-120 minutes at a signature restaurant starting from check in. I'd maybe try and be a few minutes early. I'm doing the same thing on Sep 27th which is a party night. Originally all I could get was a 9:15 ADR, but a 7:55 opened up and I jumped on that. If we hold to form, we will have wrapped up and can then watch the show before calling it a night.

Adding to this...

I managed to snag a 9:35p reservation on 9/2 (assuming the same as op, that the fireworks will be at 10:15p). How early do you think I would need to show up to request a window seat?

Thanks!

Adding to this...

I managed to snag a 9:35p reservation on 9/2 (assuming the same as op, that the fireworks will be at 10:15p). How early do you think I would need to show up to request a window seat?

Thanks!

I would assume all the 8 - 8:30 diners in the windows will not budge until after the fireworks. Most meals there are about 90+ minutes.

I would assume all the 8 - 8:30 diners in the windows will not budge until after the fireworks. Most meals there are about 90+ minutes.

That’s a good point, I didn’t think of that! If we don’t luck out with a window seat I guess we’ll venture outside. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter