Halloween events

DisneyRGB

<font color=blue>Loves parades<br><font color=purp
Hi everyone

I've been reading these posts for ages and thought it was finally time to join in! Hope my countdowns have worked!

Can anybody tell me what goes on at DLP at Halloween? We'll be there October 4th - 8th. I know there's the Villains parade and Frontierland becomes Halloweenland, but is there anything else we should look for (no matter how small)?

Thanks in advance

::MinnieMo

Come on people, let us know what to look out for. We're heading to DLP 20th-26th October to spend our first halloween season at Disney. Still a month to go but being told what to expect would bring it just that bit closer. So please.......:hyper:

I'm going myself October 24th so will be in the parks on the 25th/26th. Might see you there:wave2:

I was there in September last time and they were just getting the parks ready. There were a great many 'pumpkin' men and women being set up and Igather the parade becomes the villans parade in the afternoon.

The river boat [my savour after braving the Indiana Jones ride:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ] becomes the MummyCruise Line and Main Street - so I have read - becomes Spooky Street. They have face painting etc. Frontierland turns into Halloweenland.

Sounds like a lot of fun.

Hiya

I was there for the halloween party on 31st october last year

I hate to put a downer on things but I wont ever go back at halloween, it was too busy, icy cold and the halloween party was not worth the waits.

I went again this march and it was much better, my advice is dont attend the halloween partys

the decorations were good though, pumpkin men had taken over dlrp and there was a big pumpkin on main street.

We won't be there for the Halloween party as we're going 4th-8th October so hopefully it won't be too busy, especially with UK half term being at the end of October. Hopefully it won't be too cold then either. Anyone been at the beginning of October who can tell me what the crowds and weather's like?

The weather can be unpredicatable in October a cpuple of years ago my friend went & it rained for most of the time, I went a week later & it was warm & sunny.

Whatever the weather it is enjoyable, just try and cater for all outcomes weather wise.

Halloween is very cool in Paris. We'll be going 1-3 october and 30-31 october. :hyper:

When you enter Main Street USA, the arches for christmas are already up. But the Pumkinmen are painting them and the facades of Main Street orange!

In front of le Château de la Belle au Boit dormant lies a huge pumkin in which children can get a free face paint.

Frontierland becomes Halloweenland with the Phantom Cruiseline going around Big Thunder Mountain. A huge ghost creature is pulling the boat forward.

Guests will find out how the pumkinmen are born, right next to Critter Coral.

A huge ski lift will be made between Big Thunder Mountain and the mainland which the pumkinmen use to retain the orange paint from the mountain's core.

Pictures of last year:
http://www.photosmagiques.com/season/

if you go on the day of the halloween nights, get out before midnight, the parade/fireworks would be better seen from say the top end of main street by the entrence to make a sharpexit and avoid the crowd

Just seen this in the News and Rumours on the DLP Guidebook !!!

"Next week Friday the Halloween Season officially starts in the Disneyland Resort Paris - and first signs are already to be spot in the Disney Village and the Disneyland Park. For the second year the festival will feature to main storylines / themes: the Disney Villains and the Pumpkin Men.
As in the past the Disney Villains will be out in full force to wrack havoc on Halloweenland (aka Frontierland) and scare the guests especially during the main parade of the day, which they have taken over for a battle between good and bad. Once again the catchy theme song "Halloween - lo ween everybody" will underscore the floats from the Princess' Parade that will be redecorated with much effort to celebrate the arrival of the villains from the movies, that will star on the floats and even bring their own dancers and minions along.
The second main feature are the Pumpkin Men. Once again they are out all over the Main Street, U.S.A., which they try to paint orange and transform into Pumpkin Street. While most of the painters are still to be installed the "Lights of Winter" arches with their minor Halloween overlay in form of some orange lights are already up, soon to go up is the huge Pumpkin on Central Plaza where once again children will get their free Halloween-makeover. But the Pumpkin Men are set to not only repeat last year's popular performance as they are out in even bigger force this year, including a Pumpkin Postman handing out morange letters and packages, a Pumpkin Policeman who will hand out tickets to everybody not following the orange dress codes and a Pumpkin Men Color Rescue Party that will try its best to recolor guests in orange if necessary. Also for the first time Pumpkin Men will reveal some of their secrets in a Pumpkin Forest in Halloweenland and offer guests a glimpse on how they pump up all the orange color from the depts of the Big Thunder Mountain Mine. The orange steel element that was spotted near the top of the mountain most propably is a part of that to be extected themeing added right now. While most of the themeing is added in Frontierland on the go a construction fence has been erected next to the shooting range where the Spider Web Stage will go up, on which different bands including the Pumpkin Men Quartet will entertain the guests during the festival. Also the Phantom Cruise Line pulled by the ghoul can be expected to be spotted on the Rivers of the Far West shortly.
For the first time Pumpkin Men will also be spotted in the Disney Village that has its own Halloween Festival for which the first decorations around the entrances of the Buffalo Tranding Company (the main Halloween Store of the Village) have already gone up featuring the Pumpkin Men."

Thanks everyone for all your comments, helped build up my excitement even more (if that's possible!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter