Halloween decorations in August?

Ds4angels

DIS Veteran
Telling hubby about how early the MNSSHP is this year, and he was wondering if people decorate their campsites that early as well?
I'm thinking not, but then I thought I'd ask here just in case

I can not believe they are starting that early, people will have heatstroke in costumes in August! I really don't think people will have Halloween decorations up that early, but you never know.

During our 2011 trip we were there from 6th of Sept to 16th, during our stay we saw some of the longer term camp begin putting up some Halloween decorations. But MNSSHP started later back then

I couldn’t believe it when my wife said (for our August vacation coming up) that we were going to have to work around 2 early MK closings for MNSSHP...all I could say was, “Really?!”....why not just have a year round merged MNNSHP/MVMCP and close early 24/7/365? :sad2: Think of all the extra money from special ticket events they would get...ooh, better not say that lest management sees it! Eh, they probably all ready working on how to sell multiple tickets per park per day each day...lol

I couldn’t believe it when my wife said (for our August vacation coming up) that we were going to have to work around 2 early MK closings for MNSSHP...all I could say was, “Really?!”....why not just have a year round merged MNNSHP/MVMCP and close early 24/7/365? :sad2: Think of all the extra money from special ticket events they would get...ooh, better not say that lest management sees it! Eh, they probably all ready working on how to sell multiple tickets per park per day each day...lol

I agree with this even more

I bounce between being irritated about the park being closed early 3 days of our vacation and thinking it might be cool to try out the party. (we'd replace our CP ressie with party tickets)
But we picked the week we did because we didn't want to have to plan around a party. And I really don't want to have to buy PH tickets to offset the park closing early

Personally I liked the Halloween party more than the Christmas one. If you do go, make it on a weekday if available. The crowds may be a slight bit lower.

We are likely to attend the party during the last week of August. I know, I know, it's waaaayyyyy early. School for us doesn't start until the day after Labor Day and gives us that week to take vacation when most other people are back in school. And guilty admission, I'm kinda tempted to put up a decoration or two....

I bounce between being irritated about the park being closed early 3 days of our vacation and thinking it might be cool to try out the party. (we'd replace our CP ressie with party tickets)
But we picked the week we did because we didn't want to have to plan around a party. And I really don't want to have to buy PH tickets to offset the park closing early

I agree with you Ds4angels about being a little irritated.:mad: We usually go in October and last year had 1 MK day when the MK was open late with regular park admission. We still pay full price for our passes but yet the days for MK are severely limited unless we want to pay "extra"o_O and attend the MNSSHP. Been there, done that, and the last time we did that, it was so crowded that we decided that we wouldn't do that again. IMO
Who knows, we may soon see the Mickey's Happy New Years Party / Mickey's Happy Valentines Day Party / Mickey's Happy St Patrick's Day Party / Mickey's Red White and Blue Independence Day Party and ........Keep in mind, It's just good business.:confused3

Steve

I will say though that October and Halloween at the Fort is our absolute favorite time to be there. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Steve, please don't give them any more ideas :-(
After talking it over with hubby and the kids we've moved our reservations a week ahead. So we'll be pulling out of the Fort the 1st day of MNSSHP. Luckily we could still get the 2 reservations we wanted and still get the premium site.
And now no worry about decorations for Halloween until we ToT camp in October

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter