Halloween crowds/planning?

Raya

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of flying from the US for Halloween - so arriving on 10/28, Saturday, leaving on the day after Halloween 11/1. Is this a terrible idea? I see that there is All Saints Holidays 22 Oct 2023 (Sun) 5 Nov 2023 (Sun) listed on the school calendar. Will the parks be packed with people? Would having 4 days make up for the crowds? What else should I know about this time? We're thinking of going then because we're huge Halloween fans, and (from what I can find on the internet) they don't have Halloween events until that weekend.

I haven't been to the actual Halloween parties, but I expect it will be very busy.

The Halloween season lasts throughout October, we usually go mid-October before most of the school holidays kick in. The decorations, parade, snacks, etc are available all month even though the parties are only around Halloween itself.

There's not yet a Micky's Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) thread for 2023, but likely there will one soon. Meanwhile here's the 2022 thread.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...-scary-halloween-party-lets-boo-this.3882475/

In a sentence, WDW's Magic Kingdom is closed at 6 PM, and only ticket holders are allowed in. Parades, candy, fireworks, etc., for the additional ticket price. Last October the event was about every other night, with fewer nights in September, and fewer still in August.

We went for the first time last October, and had a blast. Worth it, IMO.

There's not yet a Micky's Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) thread for 2023, but likely there will one soon. Meanwhile here's the 2022 thread.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...-scary-halloween-party-lets-boo-this.3882475/

In a sentence, WDW's Magic Kingdom is closed at 6 PM, and only ticket holders are allowed in. Parades, candy, fireworks, etc., for the additional ticket price. Last October the event was about every other night, with fewer nights in September, and fewer still in August.

We went for the first time last October, and had a blast. Worth it, IMO.
We've gone every year since 2006. It's become our favorite thing at WDW. This year we'll go in August and then hopefully do Paris in October. I know Paris didn't have the same type of party, so I'm trying to figure out if the party it does have is worth the crowds or if i should go earlier in the month.

We've gone every year since 2006. It's become our favorite thing at WDW. This year we'll go in August and then hopefully do Paris in October. I know Paris didn't have the same type of party, so I'm trying to figure out if the party it does have is worth the crowds or if i should go earlier in the month.
DLP has already put up a website for this year. As for crowds, once they sell out, the crowds won't be worse for any one night over another. For our first trip, we didn't think the crowds were too much.

https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-usd/seasons/halloween/

I personally do not like the parties. They are very crowded at all the special entertainment. Rare characters get swamped.

The parade is nice, but as it is not designed as a night time parade, it is hard to see faces of the villains. That is probably the biggest difference between the parade in WDW and in DLP. Over in the US Halloween at Disney is spooky, family friendly. In Paris it's a little less family friendly. The dancers in the parade are zombies and monsters. Not like Universal, and not bloody or gory, but a little scarier than in the US.

The show at castle stage is usually a good one, but is that show worth the admission... the quality is a little bit better than during the day shows.

I am not into jump scares, so if they have actors in the pirates area, I would usually avoid them.

There is also usually a dance party with Goofy and Max, looks fun, but also very busy.

Those last weeks of October will be busy as the entire continent is on it's Autumn break. If you are flexible, I would always pick early October, especially during the week. There is plenty of Halloween entertainment during the day for me.

I usually go around the 18th of Oct. Midweek and you can get on everything and stil have a relaxing time. The parties are cool but I'd prefer a quieter visit for the atmosphere especial around frontier land.

Saw this a little while ago. May be helpful.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-ticket-sales-start/

When Will 2023 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Tickets Go on Sale?
The operations in Europe are completely separated from the parks in the United States.

At the moment there are no parties announced yet for Disneyland Paris.

Last year the sale started on June 8th, and the actual program not till 2 days before the party. Note: DLP never releases the program themselves, but they do give it to a few fansites like ED92 and Pixiedust.be.

**edited add** Just realized above about the program can be confusing.
DLP does announce some big shows. But probably won't detail which characters will be meeting, how often a show is performed, same for parade, etc. If you buy a party ticket you will know roughly what to expect.

Last edited:
I was at DW last year over Halloween. I did not go to the party but found the parks not too crowded. I went with a plan and had Genie+ every day. My family of 4 accomplished pretty much everything with very little waits.

We are thinking of flying from the US for Halloween - so arriving on 10/28, Saturday, leaving on the day after Halloween 11/1. Is this a terrible idea? I see that there is All Saints Holidays 22 Oct 2023 (Sun) 5 Nov 2023 (Sun) listed on the school calendar. Will the parks be packed with people? Would having 4 days make up for the crowds? What else should I know about this time? We're thinking of going then because we're huge Halloween fans, and (from what I can find on the internet) they don't have Halloween events until that weekend.
Let's make your decision easier. ED92 has just announced that DLP will not do a Halloween soiree this year.

Let's make your decision easier. ED92 has just announced that DLP will not do a Halloween soiree this year.
That really does make picking the early October trip time easier! But wow, didn't expect that at all.

Yes, a little surprised, same with NYE that got cancelled. These nights were popular and expensive. So they must make money from them.

The message on Pixiedust.be
Bizarre news today from Disneyland Paris. There will be no Halloween Soiree this year , compared to two last year. There will also be no New Year's Eve Party on December 31, 2023. The parks will remain open longer on those days and Disney also says it will provide an ' Enhanced Experience ' for everyone present in the park. Furthermore, no details have been announced about exactly which activities will take place.

Statement from Disneyland Paris on canceled Halloween Soirée and New Year's Eve Party:

“This year we are not celebrating Halloween Soiree / New Year's Eve Party (October 31) as a special event with individual tickets, but with additional magical experiences, longer opening times and special moments for our guests. No separate event ticket is required for this evening.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter