Halloween at Fort Wilderness

jsmla

DIS Veteran
We are camping at FW 10/26-11/9 and our DS, DDIL and 21 month DGD will be staying with us over Halloween. DS and DDIL will be attending Halloween Horror Nights and DH and I will have the baby. Would the trick or treat be unsuitable for a baby under 2? She’s an extremely laid back baby.

Are any of the loops especially well decorated? I booked a preferred pet site so I’m guessing we’ll be in loop 300.

I’d love to hear any tips for Halloween with a 21 month old!

Thanks!

I was there last Halloween and tot was comprised of all ages. Lots of fun. There were some sites decorated in a “scary” theme but just keep an eye out ahead to see which ones you want to speed past. Go earlier in the evening when there is still a tiny bit of light to drop the scary level way down. Most sites are just disney fun decorations.

What is haloween horror nights?
I would take the baby a out a bit trick or treating. At 2 , even if something isnt scarry it could scare her. It doesn't have to be halloween related! A big truck, noise etc. Only way to know is to do it. But then i would just sit back and give out candy! There is pumkin carving also during the day. I will be there almost the same time as you! Just go with it and have fun.

Halloween is great for all ages. We like to give out candy and glow bracelets for the kids and trick or Drink for the parents. (Marguritas). The fun seems to run all day. Dog costume contest, cart parade, pumpkin carving, a more. We drive from Arizona so our theme is desert skeletons with a bat and ghost thrown in for fun. Hope to be in 800 loop again.

Halloween is great for all ages. We like to give out candy and glow bracelets for the kids and trick or Drink for the parents. (Marguritas). The fun seems to run all day. Dog costume contest, cart parade, pumpkin carving, a more. We drive from Arizona so our theme is desert skeletons with a bat and ghost thrown in for fun. Hope to be in 800 loop again.

How much candy do you guys go through? Will 2 costco size bags be enough?

Kids come from all over Disney. The fort has gotten a rep for the place to go. Several hundred children us not uncommon. Young kids with parents start coming early. Thirsty parents come with kids a little later and some come back for 2nds. One year we gave out over 200 glow bands and two big bowls of candy. Central loops seem to get more people Lots of family's in golf carts.

Thanks for the heads up. Lol ill bring more candy. I plan on going around with my daughter, but ill leave a bowl of candy out. Maybe some beer also! Ill see if i can get some spider rings and such. My mom always did that for the little ones. Me , i always wanted the candy!

2017 we had 750 trick or treaters before we ran out of candy. Hollowen is one of my favorite times of year at the fort. Have reservations for this year. Sambuster

We've been to WDW many times over the last 12 years. Our Fort/Halloween trip continues to stand out as the highlight trip for our kids. It is an absolute blast. You will need lots of candy, and you will want to watch calendars so you don't miss any of the big events, but you will have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!