Halloween 2019

OnlyDisney

DIS Veteran
Today I just remembered we wanted to camp at the fort over Halloween week 2019. My husband and I talked about it earlier this year, but I totally forgot about it until just now. Of course there is no availability on the 31st.

We were thinking about staying Sunday Oct 27 - Nov 1 or 2

Should I bother stalking the site to see if something for RVs opens up for our entire time?
Should I book 27th-31 and 1st-2nd, hoping to add on the 31st?

We were also looking into getting a portable AC unit for our tent and going that way.

My advice would be to take what you can get now....

... and add dates in separate reservations as you can when you find them....

.... then get them all merged later on into one reservation via Guest Services.

Of course all the reservations you end up with need to be the same type (Full, Preferred, Premium, or Tent). I've done this a few times and with the one night's deposit you have to pay on each reservation, the payments carry over so when merged you won't owe but a few night's worth.

You just have to be diligent and keep checking (daily) for your missing dates. At this far out, you will get the dates you lack if you follow the plan.

I mean, since you asked... :rolleyes1 Good luck - you can do this!

Bama Ed

PS - we did Halloween 2017 (our only Halloween trip at the Fort) and it was cool.

Yes, I would book what you can now and add later. If the date you want comes available, you can co into your reservations under My Disney Experience and modify your existing reservation. You do not have to make two separate reservations. I have done this many times including just last week I added a day to my Christmas reservation. I am currently stalking the site to add a day to my Halloween trip this year. Good luck.

Yes, I would book what you can now and add later. If the date you want comes available, you can co into your reservations under My Disney Experience and modify your existing reservation. You do not have to make two separate reservations. I have done this many times including just last week I added a day to my Christmas reservation. I am currently stalking the site to add a day to my Halloween trip this year. Good luck.

Well some times you have to, Terri. The changing of a check-in or check-out date is hit-miss. It might be that adding dates is fine but trimming days off can't be done (to avoid orphan sites). I also think the issue may be in how the reservation was made (ones originated by the user via the online booking tool can be extended on-line but those initially booked over the phone have NOT been able to be extended on-line). And CMs on the phone telling me to add one more day they have to cancel my prior reservation and rebook the new time span (it was clear to CM it was NOT a package, NOT a discount, just adding a night to a rack rate room-only reservation. She argued with me). To avoid the frustration and run-around, I just make the multiple reservations.

Or it may be that the Disney gods just like you better than me. (That's probably it).

For the OP, just mention "tltay2005" on the DIS and I bet your experience will be better than if you mention my name.

Bama Ed

Or it may be that the Disney gods just like you better than me. (That's probably it).

For the OP, just mention "tltay2005" on the DIS and I bet your experience will be better than if you mention my name.

Bama Ed[/QUOTE]

So not true, Ed you are still the master of Fort Camping :worship:. And the only reason the Disney gods may like me better is because I give them way too much money each year :crazy:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter