Half Term October 2020

PDubbs

Earning My Ears
So planning has begun, as the UK website gets close to our time.

Our school as moved to a 2 week half term in October which is great for us as we love heading out to the US in Autumn.

We are mainly going to be staying in a villa and renting a car, but our first two nights will be spent on property, first night in a value as just somewhere to rest our heads and means we can get Magical Express rather than get a car when we are tired. Second night we are going to plash out on a Magic Kingdom resort, either theme park view or club level. What does everyone reckon is the best for either?

Also going to finish of the trip with a stay at Hard Rock at Universal and a HHN trip (I am doing HHN with some friends this year for a weekend)

Can't wait to get booking!!

What about the Contemporary? You could get theme park view with club level giving you a room on the 12th floor with amazing views of Magic Kingdom. It's one of my favourites of the club levels and the rooms are gorgeous. My profile is a view from one of the rooms!

the Contemporary is top of my list alongside the Poly. That view is spectacular

2 weeks in October is great, so much better to split the holidays up a bit. The only deluxe I have stayed at is WL. The last time was at Christmas in one of the rooms that opened out onto the inner lobby. It is so beautiful in there. Perhaps you could rent points at a DVC resort for 2 nights, not sure how the price would compare but might work out.

I’m sure you will love whichever resort you choose but we were very disappointed in our GF theme park view it was a huge waste of money. Much preferred savannah view at AK or Beach Club (although I appreciate neither of these would suit you as you want a MK resort).
Have a lovely trip wherever you choose.

I agree about GF MK view. We've stayed here with this view and it isn't our favourite. When we stay at the GF we now prefer the SL building. AKL is fabulous although I'm not a fan of their club level. BWI is amazing but again not applicable as you want a MK resort. I've stayed at the Poly but the only resort not at club level so can't comment. The WL is excellent although not technically a MK resort.

We did Club Level at the Poly (didn't have a theme park view, but you can get them in Club Level).

I would say it was a massive waste of money. Wouldn't do it again. The free breakfast wasn't to our liking (missed our trips to Dennys!). If we stayed at the Poly again (which I doubt we would ever do, to be honest), I would stay in a standard room. One benefit of the Club lounge there, though, is that you get good views of the fireworks at MK.

Also stayed in Club rooms at HRH at Universal. Thought the club rooms there were more worth the little bit of extra money (although still not sure I would splash out for them if we ever stayed there again).

Funnily enough, our favourite hotel on that trip was actually the one I got free with my BA Miles - the Renaissance at SeaWorld. Lovely hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter