half marathon proof of time to try for an earlier full marathon corral

meye1099

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! I'm registered for the 2020 full Disney marathon for next January, and I have a proof of time where my chip time is 5:11 for a full marathon. I'm debating whether or not to sign up for a half marathon before the proof of time deadline to see if I could make it into an earlier corral. Does anyone know what my half marathon time would have to be to get into an earlier marathon corral?

Thanks!

Welcome! As with most Boards, search is your friend. Just look down the list of topics and you will see a current discussion that will tell you everything you need to know. It's called
POT (Proof of Time) Race Equivalency Cutoff Confirmed Times and its currently about 4 or 5 threads below this one.

A 5:11 time would put you in Corral E for the Marathon. To get into Corral D you would need either under 5:00 for a marathon or under 2:21:52 for a HM. No guarantees that something may change before the actual race.

@DopeyBadger is our resident expert who can probably answer any POT question you could dream up.

Here's a full chart breakdown, but @Kerry1957 covered this one specifically. Additionally, if you'd rather do a 10 miler, then it is estimated to be a cutoff around 1:45:55. You can also use any 10 mile, HM, or M from January 1st, 2018 through October 8th, 2019 as long as it meets runDisney's very loose requirements (it was timed and has online results).

screen-shot-2019-03-04-at-11-10-35-am-png.386376

These are merely extrapolated best guesses based on some math on recent race weekends. They are by no means rock solid and runDisney can change things on us without notice.

ETA - To clarify the race requirements for POT, it does have to be a race and can't be a training run. The site does state "USATF certified", but prior communications in the past have yielded that "timed and online results" was sufficient. But if there's any confusion of whether a race is eligible for POT submission, just send trackshack an email and they're likely to clear it up.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!