Half board

CdnCarrie

DIS Veteran
Booked package deal with the free half board this weekend staying at Newport.

How does the half board work

I booked a trip in April and received a half board with the promotion. Our half board was considered a standard half board. We are staying at the Davie Crockett ranch. Ours includes breakfast at our hotel (some include a voucher) and a voucher for lunch or dinner for each night. I used the vouchers for restaurants that were in the standard catergory. There are not very many though - maybe 5. I booked a dinner at Plaza de Gardens and a lunch at Restaurant des stars.

If you stay after April you will get breakfast in your hotel. If you stay before April then you will get breakfast in the parks.

When you check in you will be given a magic pass per person. These work as a room key, park ticket and meal credits. The whole rooms meal credits are on everyone’s magic pass so you can just use one to “pay” at restaurants.

You will get a breakfast every morning except the day you check in and you will get another meal per nights stay. The second meal per night can be used anytime from check in until midnight on your check out day. You can use them as you like - 2 in one day and none another.

As you are staying at Newport Bay you will get the half board plus plan which means you can eat a number of restaurants. The poster above was on the standard plan which is only 5/6 restaurants. I would suggest a quick google on which restaurants are plus.

I’m on my phone so not very easy to navigate (user limitations!) but if you do a thread search for my questions on here I asked a similar question ad got very helpful answers. :)

So if we check in on a Sunday for 3d/2n, we get nothing on Day 1 but could theoretically use the lunch/dinner for Day 2 and 3 at any point after check-in, and would receive breakfast at the hotel (Sequoia) on Day 2 and Day 3?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!