HALF BOARD MEAL PLAN QUESTIONS: SOMEONE WISE PLEASE CLARIFY

Raspberry Bubbles

I was Cinderella for the day!
Hello! I've read about 200 Disney pages so far on the subject of Half Board plans and I am none the wiser - more confused even!

I understand that we can exchange them for set buffet meals, that I get. However, the jury seems to be out on whether I can use the vouchers at face value, and, if I can, and I can buy two counter service meals for the face value of one voucher, is that allowed?

When I booked, I booked Plaza Gardens for a character breakfast and paid a supplement of £90 - is that our evening meal/lunch voucher or our breakfast voucher used for that meal?

We're staying at Davy Crockett and so the restaurant for breakfast is closed - I've had one email telling me I will eat at the park [how does that work] and one telling me that there will be a bagged breakfast near to the Ranch. If we eat at the park, how does that work - are there set locations also?

Thank you so much - our first family of five trip!

Thank you so much - is there a limit of separate items you can buy - like one burger, one fries, if they are seperate and not "meals". I want to be sure I'm not getting into trouble!

However, the jury seems to be out on whether I can use the vouchers at face value,

Yes you can use the vouchers for face value. If you got a restaurant which is not covered by your meal plan, they will take the vouchers, and then caluclate how much extra you will have to pay by either cash or card. There are varying reports of the face value of vouchers, so you will have to check on the day at the restaurant.

and, if I can, and I can buy two counter service meals for the face value of one voucher, is that allowed?
No thats not allowed, 1 voucher per person. If the value of the counter service meal is lower than the face value of the voucher you will not receive any change.

When I booked, I booked Plaza Gardens for a character breakfast and paid a supplement of £90 - is that our evening meal/lunch voucher or our breakfast voucher used for that meal?
As far as I know that would be your breakfast voucher. You should clarify this at check in

We're staying at Davy Crockett and so the restaurant for breakfast is closed - I've had one email telling me I will eat at the park [how does that work] and one telling me that there will be a bagged breakfast near to the Ranch. If we eat at the park, how does that work - are there set locations also?
This is an either or suitition.
Option 1
At Davy Crockett they will have a table set up with bag and go breakfast. You will hand over your breakfast voucher to the CM and get your bag and go breakfast

Option 2
Dont take the bag and go breakfast at Davy Crockett and bring your breakfast vouchers to the parks. On your vouchers there will be a specified restaurant. You go to this restaurant , hand over your breakfast voucher and receive your food. Previous restaurants which have been serving the meal voucher breakfast were Cafe Hyperion in Discoveryland
Pizza Bella Notre In Fantasyland
Restaurant En Coulousse in The Studios.

You can ONLY exchange your breakfast voucher at the specified restaurant on the voucher

The breakfast is
  1. Hot Drink
  2. Choice of orange juice or apple juice
  3. Any 2 of the following - pain au chocolate or plain croissant or baguette with jam and butter or bacon and cheese omelette burger
Thank you so much - is there a limit of separate items you can buy - like one burger, one fries, if they are seperate and not "meals". I want to be sure I'm not getting into trouble!
The quick service restaurants have mostly meal deal. This means they will offer a main, a side or a desert with a drink. As you will be using the vouchers you should always order the meal deals as these will be better value than ordering individual items. Most likely if you just say order a burger with no fries or drink, that will counted as one meal voucher.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter