Hakuna Matata, A Baked Potato! -Oct '17 TR *Completed, New PTR Link*

Day 3, October 23, 2017 - Spaceship Earth and Bubblegum walls and Chocolate- Oh my!

After all those character meets we went to use our FP for Spaceship Earth! Apparently I'll be spending my future with Archie Andrews :rotfl:

I also had to get my photo taken in front of yet another wall- the bubblegum wall!

We then headed to the Festival Center! I love going in here during F&W!

We headed straight for the Ghiradelli store to check out the chocolate sculptures. As always, they did not
disappoint!

The Wreck It Ralph one was definitely my favorite!

Up next... We start our way around World Showcase
Love those Chocolate sculptures! I think wreck-it Ralph is my favorite too!

27989364699_91fe9bc9dc_z.jpg

I love these little guys!!

The cookie in the center in the white wrapping was salted caramel and was sooo good, probably my fave of the bunch.
Those desserts all look really good.

This was another hit for all of us! I had done this meal when it was Christmas themed and really wanted to do it again for the Halloween outfits. I enjoyed the food last time but I felt it was even better this time around!
Glad to hear you liked the food. It seems to be nothing but bad reviews for the food there. Maybe they are finally making the food better.

Then came Mickey, who was much tamer!
I wonder how Mickey would have reacted if your dad was wearing a Minnie shirt though?! :laughing:

Yum! These all look so good - and yes, they were so cute, too! :cutie:

This was another hit for all of us! I had done this meal when it was Christmas themed and really wanted to do it again for the Halloween outfits.
The Halloween outfits and themed food was awesome! :thumbsup2

What a really fun meal. I agree with you- I love the characters in Halloween costumes. Especially when you have great interaction and food that is better than expected. The desserts look really intriguing.

:goodvibes

Such cute and fun character interactions! I love all their Halloween costumes! So cute!

Those desserts look SO GOOD!

Please forgive me, but I'm short on time and can't read through your entire, wonderful TR (great pictures on today's update though!). Did you actually find a baked potato somewhere?? I've been looking each trip without success...

Thanks for the compliment! Haha sorry to get your hopes up, but there was no actual baked potato! Just a funny joke from our Animal Kingdom day :)

Those desserts are so so cute! I need to get on this seasonal dine next time I'm in the world. It sounds like it really is becoming the new thing to do!

It's so fun and their seasonal outfits are just too cute!!

Love those Chocolate sculptures! I think wreck-it Ralph is my favorite too!

They are so nice to look at!!

Oooh, yum! Do you remember what the other desserts were?

The little smiley face one was a lemon tart! I can't remember what the first cupcake was :( The middle cupcake was worms and dirt. I think the one next to it with the candy corn on top was just a generic chocolate cupcake. And the other cookie was just a sugar cookie with frosting!

I love these little guys!!

They were so cute! I can't even remember if I liked how they tasted or not!

Those desserts all look really good.

Glad to hear you liked the food. It seems to be nothing but bad reviews for the food there. Maybe they are finally making the food better.

They were really good!

I have heard the bad reviews too, but I've really enjoyed both times I've been there so maybe they are making some changes for the better!

We thought the food was good, way better than another time we had been. Mickey is the cutest vampire!

I would definitely go back there! Mickey's outfit was too adorable!

I wonder how Mickey would have reacted if your dad was wearing a Minnie shirt though?! :laughing:

Yum! These all look so good - and yes, they were so cute, too! :cutie:

The Halloween outfits and themed food was awesome! :thumbsup2

Hahah he probably would have been VERY jealous!

Cute and tasty, the best dessert combo!

It was a great meal and I love how they change outfits each season- makes me want to keep going back!

What a really fun meal. I agree with you- I love the characters in Halloween costumes. Especially when you have great interaction and food that is better than expected. The desserts look really intriguing.

:goodvibes

It was a great time! I'm really glad we did and that all 3 of us enjoyed it!

Such cute and fun character interactions! I love all their Halloween costumes! So cute!

Those desserts look SO GOOD!

The costumes were so adorable and the interaction was perfect, not too rushed or anything!

The desserts were such a highlight, I loved that they all were Halloween themed!

Day 4, October 24, 2017 - I am Groot!

We finished dinner around 6:45 and headed to TSMM to use our FP! This time I sat with mom and I won again!

My mom wanted to stop in One Man's Dream so that was our next stop. This was less than an hour before closing and the place was deserted! It was nice to have free reign to walk around and enjoy everything and the CMs were all so friendly and nice!

As we reached the end, we heard a CM saying there was no wait to meet Starlord and Groot. I almost didn't believe her but she insisted we could walk right in. I don't know too much about Guardians of the Galaxy but I couldn't pass up a chance to meet Baby Groot! We headed in and indeed there was NO wait and stepped right up to meet them!

My parents had no idea what was going on and afterwards my mom said "Was he broken? He just kept saying the same thing!" :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:Once I explained to her, she declared he was her new favorite and has since become obsessed with Baby Groot and that meet!

Up next...The end of our DHS day!

Yay for winning TSMM again! And omg how awesome you got to meet Baby Groot and Starlord with no wait! I hope the Groot misunderstanding forced y'all to watch both the Guardians of the Galaxy films when you got home hehe (especially in time for Infinity War).

This time I sat with mom and I won again!
Haha I've read a couple of your trip reports...have you ever not won?! Share your secrets! :)

My parents had no idea what was going on
Confession: Same. Who is he, WHAT is that, why do people wait in lines to meet them?! The responses here to your mom's reaction kind of make me want to find out! Maybe I'll look for a way to watch the movie. (So, haha, please don't answer any of the questions I asked!)

Yay for winning TSMM again! And omg how awesome you got to meet Baby Groot and Starlord with no wait! I hope the Groot misunderstanding forced y'all to watch both the Guardians of the Galaxy films when you got home hehe (especially in time for Infinity War).

We've seen bits and pieces! We really need to sit down and watch them soon though!

Your mom is adorable! "is he broken?" I love it!

It was a pretty cute and funny moment!

Too Funny!!!! I love it.

Hahaha I thought so too!

Just tuned in, I love all the cool PP pics

Thanks for joining and for the compliment! :)

Haha I've read a couple of your trip reports...have you ever not won?! Share your secrets! :)

Confession: Same. Who is he, WHAT is that, why do people wait in lines to meet them?! The responses here to your mom's reaction kind of make me want to find out! Maybe I'll look for a way to watch the movie. (So, haha, please don't answer any of the questions I asked!)

Haha I will say, I've YET to beat my cousin, she is way better than me!

If anything, just youtube some clips of "Baby Groot", he is pretty adorable!

Love walking around One Man's Dream! It was something we didn't do on our trip this year, but I wish we had.

I want to meet Baby Groot! So funny that your mom thought he was broken!

Those movies are really good, so you should watch them if you get the chance!

We love One Man’s Dream, Andi is so worried it will get closed down. I am Groot” How cute he is, no wonder your mom loves him now.

That salted caramel cookie looked really good!
I think it's pretty cool that you have seen the characters decked out in both their holiday and Halloween attire.

My parents had no idea what was going on and afterwards my mom said "Was he broken? He just kept saying the same thing!"

:rotfl2::rotfl: Oh my gosh, this is too funny! I never stopped to think about what would happen if someone met Groot without ever seeing the films.
It cracks me up because when we took the kids to see Star Wars last winter, Evie saw a trailer for Avengers (I think) and she started yelling, "Groot! It's Groot! I AM GROOT!" in her little 2 year old voice. He's just a character that causes a lot of amusing stories.:laughing:

My mom wanted to stop in One Man's Dream so that was our next stop. This was less than an hour before closing and the place was deserted! It was nice to have free reign to walk around and enjoy everything and the CMs were all so friendly and nice!
Awww, I love One Man's Dream - it's just such a happy place for me :goodvibes (and I'm sure lots of us here on the Dis!). And how awesome that it was so empty and you could wander freely without having to bob and weave around everyone.

I know I've said this before, but your ears are just FABULOUS!!! Halloween is one of my favorite things, so Halloween + Disney is just perfection :wizard:

Excited to hear more about your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter