Hakuna Matata, A Baked Potato! -Oct '17 TR *Completed, New PTR Link*

Wow, those MK morning photos are stunning! Seriously, several of them look like they belong in a coffee table book!

And my guess for first ride is Peter Pan!

What a beautiful MK morning! I love your t-shirt and your parent's Mickey t-shirts. It's so cute that you're coordinating!
Hmm for first ride, I think...Peter Pan?

26169943388_b2a501d609_z.jpg
Great photo! I always mean to take pics with that statue but I always forget.

Also an awsome photo! Actually all of the photos are fantastic!

The welcome show and our first ride of the day, any guesses??
My guess is The People Mover!

Beautiful shots of the MK before opening. Looks like it was a gorgeous morning. And walking around, soaking up the atmosphere of Main St. is something that's often overlooked.
Everyone guessed Peter Pan for your first ride, so I'll go with something nobody has suggested yet and say Mine Train.

I don't do this nearly enough. Sometimes these are some of the best moments of a trip... just soaking up the Disney magic and atmosphere :cloud9:

Love this picture!!! And your outfit is so cute!

I agree! I used to find it hard to slow down, but now I've learned to appreciate all those little moments a little more!

Thank you!!

Love all the pictures on Main Street! As much as I miss the welcome show on the train station, it’s so nice to be able to hang out and shop before the park opens!

Hmmm I guess Peter Pan for your first ride !

Thank you! I totally agree! I know it took away the value of PPO ADRs but I think I prefer it this way!

Good guess, that is usually where I like to head first ;)

Love the pictures on Main Street, this is a plus of the new not so great welcome show! I am guessing Space Mountain???

Thanks! I agree, the show isn't as fun but not having to push and shove into the park is nice :) Your guess has been noted!

Love the early Main Street pictures!!

Thank you!

MK in the early morning is just perfect! Great pictures! :D

It really is! Thank you!

Wow, those MK morning photos are stunning! Seriously, several of them look like they belong in a coffee table book!

And my guess for first ride is Peter Pan!

Aww thank you so much, that's so sweet!

Peter Pan is always a first ride contender for me, your guess has been noted ;)

What a beautiful MK morning! I love your t-shirt and your parent's Mickey t-shirts. It's so cute that you're coordinating!
Hmm for first ride, I think...Peter Pan?

It was a great morning! Thank you, we definitely plan our outfits when packing :rotfl:

Thanks for guessing! Answer to be revealed soon!

Great photo! I always mean to take pics with that statue but I always forget.

Also an awsome photo! Actually all of the photos are fantastic!

My guess is The People Mover!

I was so glad we came across it with no one around!

Thank you! :)

OoOoO good (and different) guess!

Beautiful shots of the MK before opening. Looks like it was a gorgeous morning. And walking around, soaking up the atmosphere of Main St. is something that's often overlooked.
Everyone guessed Peter Pan for your first ride, so I'll go with something nobody has suggested yet and say Mine Train.

Thank you, it was a really nice morning! And I really agree, it was nice to have time before the rides opened to get to do that!

Going against the crowd! Noted ::yes::

Day 5, October 25, 2017 - Welcome Show & our day begins!

At 8:55, the Welcome Show started!

I do miss the old show on the Train Station but I do like getting into the park earlier a lot better so I guess it's a give/take situation!

I feel like I tricked everyone! A lot of people guessed Peter Pan as our first ride and normally that would be the case! But I didn't want us to do the dash to Fantasyland, so our first ride of the day was Hauntion Mansion!

We walked right on and had a great ride with some ghosts!

From there we took a leisurely stroll to Fantasyland via everyone's favorite bathroom area!

We then used our first FP of the day at SDMT! We were in the last car and dad and I happily waved our arms in the air!

Up next...New Fantasyland & a character meet!

Love the pictures on SDMT!! So cute! Love an empty morning in MK but I agree I miss the train opening show.

I do miss the old show on the Train Station but I do like getting into the park earlier a lot better so I guess it's a give/take situation!
I do like getting in early. I like that you can enjoy the area, maybe get a coffee and not feel like you are missing out on other things.

I feel like I tricked everyone! A lot of people guessed Peter Pan as our first ride and normally that would be the case! But I didn't want us to do the dash to Fantasyland, so our first ride of the day was Hauntion Mansion!
Man! I was hoping I guessed something a little unusal, I would "win". ;)

Great pic! HM is a good one to go to early, I would image.

I was way off on the guess, lol! Good choice to hit HM at that time. The Tangled area is so lovely.

From there we took a leisurely stroll to Fantasyland via everyone's favorite bathroom area!
The picture just beneath this^^ with the little creek is so sweet - I don't think I've seen many taken from this perspective!

I feel like I tricked everyone! A lot of people guessed Peter Pan as our first ride and normally that would be the case! But I didn't want us to do the dash to Fantasyland, so our first ride of the
Haha don't worry, you didn't 'trick' us! I like the idea of heading to Libery Square first to keep a more relaxed pace and then heading to Fantasyland! That being said, I think you may have to give us readers a chance to redeem ourselves...:blush:

Haunted Mansion is a great way to start the morning!

Love the Tangled bathroom pics without 5000 people in them:rotfl2:

Your PPO pictures around MK are awesome. I especially love your selfie with the train station and your mom on the Roy/Minnie bench.

I haven't really seen many pictures of the opening show and I haven't experienced it for myself. I loved the train station show, but what I loved more was watching the characters book it up Main Street to get into position when the show was over. I was so impressed at how quickly they could haul, especially in high heels (I'm looking at you Mary Poppins and Alice)!

Nope. I wouldn't have guessed Haunted Mansion. I was in the Peter Pan group, even though I knew you were fooling us.

LOVE the picture of you and your dad with your hands in the air on the Mine Train!

:goodvibes

Well I guessed your second ride of the day. :rotfl2: Haunted Mansion looked empty in your pictures!
You look like you're having a blast on SDMT. :goodvibes

Love the pictures on SDMT!! So cute! Love an empty morning in MK but I agree I miss the train opening show.

Thank you!

I do like getting in early. I like that you can enjoy the area, maybe get a coffee and not feel like you are missing out on other things.

Man! I was hoping I guessed something a little unusal, I would "win". ;)

Great pic! HM is a good one to go to early, I would image.

Exactly!

Haha I appreciate you thinking outside the box! ;)

It was definitely a good choice, nice and empty!

I was way off on the guess, lol! Good choice to hit HM at that time. The Tangled area is so lovely.

That's ok! It was a good decision, and nice to see a different part of the park at rope drop!

The picture just beneath this^^ with the little creek is so sweet - I don't think I've seen many taken from this perspective!

Haha don't worry, you didn't 'trick' us! I like the idea of heading to Libery Square first to keep a more relaxed pace and then heading to Fantasyland! That being said, I think you may have to give us readers a chance to redeem ourselves...:blush:

That was all my mom, she loves finding different things to photograph!

It was SUCH a good choice for us! Haha I will definitely throw in another question at some point ;)

Haunted Mansion is one of my great loves! I could ride it all day long. Love the pictures you took of it.

And your mom looks like she's holding on for dear life! :laughing::laughing:

It's such a perfect ride! ::yes::

She does :rotfl2: I promise she loves that ride!

Haunted Mansion is a great way to start the morning!

Love the Tangled bathroom pics without 5000 people in them:rotfl2:

It was a different pick for us for sure! Usually I go for Peter Pan or Space as the first ride! But this was nice :)

Right?! Another perk of heading that way at rope drop!

Your PPO pictures around MK are awesome. I especially love your selfie with the train station and your mom on the Roy/Minnie bench.

I haven't really seen many pictures of the opening show and I haven't experienced it for myself. I loved the train station show, but what I loved more was watching the characters book it up Main Street to get into position when the show was over. I was so impressed at how quickly they could haul, especially in high heels (I'm looking at you Mary Poppins and Alice)!

Nope. I wouldn't have guessed Haunted Mansion. I was in the Peter Pan group, even though I knew you were fooling us.

LOVE the picture of you and your dad with your hands in the air on the Mine Train!

:goodvibes

Thank you! It was such a leisurely morning!

Haha you're right!! I just think the train station show had so much more of a happy feel, with the town people welcoming you into the park and all!

Normally it would have been Peter Pan! But since we were taking a little bit of a slower approach, I just didn't want to rush over there.

Thanks, it was a great memory :goodvibes

Well I guessed your second ride of the day. :rotfl2: Haunted Mansion looked empty in your pictures!
You look like you're having a blast on SDMT. :goodvibes

I was going to comment that you were technically the closest!! Liberty Square was pretty deserted, it was cool to experience! And SDMT was so fun, I'm glad we were given the back!

Day 5, October 25, 2017 - New Fantasyland!

We then headed towards New Fantasyland and stopped for some PP pics in front of Beast's Castle.

We decided to go on Under the Sea which I believe was still a walk on or close to it!

A clamshell all to myself!

When we got off, I was on a mission to try a snack I had never tried- a Lefou's Brew!

I wasn't sure how I'd enjoy it but I ended up really liking it! Would definitely get it again!

After that we got in line to meet the Tremaine Sisters! This is one meet my dad always requests (and he doesn't usually ask for much on trips) so this was a must do. As always, they were hysterical!

Then we had to go see a family favorite- Philharmagic! Why is this the ONLY picture I ever take and why do I insist on taking it EVERY trip? :rotfl:

Up next...Another ride before heading to lunch! Anyone want to guess which ride this one will be?? ;) (Hint- it's NOT Peter Pan!!)

This is such a great picture!

I wasn't sure how I'd enjoy it but I ended up really liking it! Would definitely get it again!

Glad you got to try a new snack; it's a sweet one!

This is one meet my dad always requests (and he doesn't usually ask for much on trips)

Well, that's adorable. :goodvibes

Another ride before heading to lunch! Anyone want to guess which ride this one will be??

Hmmm, I'm going with Small World. It was between that or the carousel, but maybe that's just because you guys were closest to it from Philarmagic. I don't why I didn't guess anything outside Fantasyland.:confused3:rotfl:

I love that your dad likes to meet the Tremaines! That’s so adorable.

I played the Wishes soundtrack in the car with my dad once and now he always says “can you play that Wishes music again?”. So maybe there’s still hope to get my parents to Disney one day!

Hmm I’m a terrible guesser but I guess you rode Winnie the Pooh!

When we got off, I was on a mission to try a snack I had never tried- a Lefou's Brew!

I'm glad you liked it! I have it on my list of WDW snacks to try (I keep a running checklist...along with the magic shots and other random stuff I need to remember for future trips!

The ugly stepsisters have new dresses now! We have always had fun meets with them. I wasn’t sure about Lefou’s brew either but did like it, it is super sweet. I am guessing IASW maybe??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter