Hakuna Matata, A Baked Potato! -Oct '17 TR *Completed, New PTR Link*

How lucky that FoP opened up! I love the FotLK show. I just returned from Disney last night and we saw the show on Monday. There was a woman in the warthog section who was special needs and she kept cracking up when Timon came that way. Her laughter filled the whole room, and it was contagious! Timon went over in the middle of the show and gave this woman special attention and love and it was the sweetest thing ever. You could tell it made her whole day, and it was so heartwarming!

How lucky that FoP opened up! I love the FotLK show. I just returned from Disney last night and we saw the show on Monday. There was a woman in the warthog section who was special needs and she kept cracking up when Timon came that way. Her laughter filled the whole room, and it was contagious! Timon went over in the middle of the show and gave this woman special attention and love and it was the sweetest thing ever. You could tell it made her whole day, and it was so heartwarming!

What a wonderful story! Things like that are what really make Disney special.

Day 2, October 22, 2017 - Back to Pandora!

After that, we headed back towards Pandora! We had some time before our FP so we just spent some time walking around and taking more pics.

As soon as our window opened, we headed into the FP line!

Yet again, it was an amazing experience! I really get what all the hype about this ride is for, it's like Soarin x10! I was overjoyed that we were able to ride a second time, especially after going into the day not having any FPs for it!

Up next...Rivers of Light

Yet again, it was an amazing experience! I really get what all the hype about this ride is for, it's like Soarin x10! I was overjoyed that we were able to ride a second time, especially after going into the day not having any FPs for it!

This is so amazing! Awesome that you all got to enjoy it more than once. So unexpected and great! It really is an amazing ride. Nathan was blown away. (I would have been, too, but I mostly closed my eyes! :laughing:)

More excellent pictures in this update, too!

Love all your pictures in this area!! It really is unlike anything else! I just rode FoP for the first time Monday and I agree, that ride is so unbelievable!! So jealous you got to ride it twice!

Still so amazing that you scored fastpasses the day of! Good timing....

I hope at some point Pandora because just slightly less crowded. I think I would enjoy it more if there just weren't so many people!

A bit late, but joining in! Looks like it was a really fun trip so far. How have you NOT seen A Bug's Life though? That was my first Disney film I saw in theaters! It's far from their best, but it's worth a watch... at least for Heimlich.

A day of FOP fastpass?! That's incredible! I don't know too many people who have been able to go on that attraction twice in one day with minimal waits both times. That's awesome.

Again, what luck with the FOP FP opening up! Pandora is so incredibly beautiful, I could just wander there for hours checking out all the little details that make it so magical :goodvibes

This is so amazing! Awesome that you all got to enjoy it more than once. So unexpected and great! It really is an amazing ride. Nathan was blown away. (I would have been, too, but I mostly closed my eyes! :laughing:)

More excellent pictures in this update, too!

Even though it was only Day 2, it was already a highlight of our trip! Pixie dust was definitely on our side!

Thank you :)

Love all your pictures in this area!! It really is unlike anything else! I just rode FoP for the first time Monday and I agree, that ride is so unbelievable!! So jealous you got to ride it twice!

Thank you! Pictures just don't do it justice until you see it in person! I'm glad you loved FoP!

Still so amazing that you scored fastpasses the day of! Good timing....

I hope at some point Pandora because just slightly less crowded. I think I would enjoy it more if there just weren't so many people!

It was pure luck and pixie dust!

I really believe the hype will die down eventually, especially with DHS soon to become a big draw!

A bit late, but joining in! Looks like it was a really fun trip so far. How have you NOT seen A Bug's Life though? That was my first Disney film I saw in theaters! It's far from their best, but it's worth a watch... at least for Heimlich.

Thanks for joining in! :) I'll definitely check out A Bug's Life soon!!

A day of FOP fastpass?! That's incredible! I don't know too many people who have been able to go on that attraction twice in one day with minimal waits both times. That's awesome.

It was such awesome luck! I was super grateful, especially since my dad is not one to be SO openly excited about something at Disney and he really made it known how much he enjoyed that ride.

Again, what luck with the FOP FP opening up! Pandora is so incredibly beautiful, I could just wander there for hours checking out all the little details that make it so magical :goodvibes

I loved spending time just walking around Pandora! So beautiful!

Such good luck with that FoP FP! Your pictures of Pandora are great! :D

I couldn't believe it! And thank you :)

I went on a mission the other night to find your TR and now I'm all caught up!

I love all your pictures- your parents are so adorable (and so are you!) I wish my parents were interested in traveling to Disney with me but they want no part of it!

I went on a mission the other night to find your TR and now I'm all caught up!

I love all your pictures- your parents are so adorable (and so are you!) I wish my parents were interested in traveling to Disney with me but they want no part of it!

Yay thanks for joining in! I miss your TRs!

Thank you! I'm sorry you can't convince your family to go :( Good thing you have a boyfriend who is willing to go!!

And it was so nice finally getting to meet you! Hopefully that's not the last time our paths cross :)

Day 2, October 22, 2017 - Rivers of Light

From Pandora we hustled over to the Rivers of Light theater. I was being a worry wart and was nervous that the seating area would fill up. We got there around 7:15 and it turns out I probably didn't need to rush us so bad as there were still a lot of seats. Oh well, at least we got there! We were hot and sweaty messes :rotfl2: This was by far the hottest and most humid day we had.

There were some performers walking through the stands before the show started which was cool.

At 7:45, Rivers of Light started!

This was my first time seeing the show and I enjoyed it. Visually it was very pretty and I did enjoy the storyline. I don't feel this is a "need to see every trip" show but I wouldn't mind seeing it again if it was convenient.

After the show ended, the park was still open for a little while longer. We headed towards the Tree of Life to see it all lit up and to watch one of the awakenings.

Up next...Can you guess where we headed ONE more time? ;)

Glad you enjoyed RoL, I agree with you, very nice but not a must each trip.

Did you get another FP for FoP, wow if you did!!

I agree about ROL. I thought it was really pretty, but I wouldn't add it to my must-do's. Maybe every 2 or 3 visits, or whenever it fits naturally in the schedule. Your pictures came out nicely!

Your ROL pics are so pretty. I feel so out-of-the-loop in not having seen the show cuz of all the technical issues they were dealing with during my CP and I've heard so many mixed opinions. I really need to get back to see it asap.

Love your pictures of ROL. I really wanted to check it out this time but didn't get the chance. Hopefully next time!

Hmmm.. headed back to FoP??

Wow! I was way behind and missed a lot of updates!

You certainly made the most of your day at AK (and it sounds like it isn't over yet)

The magic shot with the hyenas is the first time I have seen that. Cool!

I'm glad you had a fun, decent meal at Tusker house. Cute pictures of all of you with the characters.

I loved learning the inspiration for your trip report title at Festival of the Lion King.

That's funny that your mom is not quite sure how she feels about EE!

:dogdance: on snagging last minute FP for Flights of Passage!!!

Which is about as far as possible away from the Rivers of Light entrance. So I can understand how you got hot & sweaty rushing over to the show. Very nice pictures of the floats.

I'll join the crowd- you are headed back to Pandora to check it out after dark.

::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!