Haiti

chepic

I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home."
What have you all done in Haiti? We are trying to plan our time.
Thanks

You mean Labadee?

I haven't done any excursions there. Mostly because it's rather expensive, because you can only book through Royal. But the zip line looks like fun.

But overall, we just hit the beach. Adrenaline Beach is a short walk away and faces the Caribbean. We've found it to be a bit rocky and I'd say the majority of beach goers head there.

Columbus Cove is a bit tucked away and the waters are calmer and the floor less rocky. With less people, it's a little less frenetic and easier to get food/drinks. Negative is that going back there is no water shuttle so you have to take the tram or walk back through the vendors village, where some of the vendors have been reported to be a bit pushy (I've noticed they're louder than in other ports, but I haven't encountered anyone blocking your path or anything).

Anyway, I've booked a beach bungalow at Columbus Cove for my August cruise. Not sure if I'll be keeping it but if I do I'll write up a report. 10 months to go for that one!

We've gone to the beach there and done a little shopping in the small area that the locals are allowed in. After one time though, we haven't bothered to get off the ship in Labadee on a couple of subsequent visits.

We got a bungalow when we were there last October. We were a party of 6 so I didn't think the price was too bad. We really liked the location and the water there. We also did the Dragon Coaster which was a lot of fun. We got a full day pass for that. Thankfully we rode it a couple of times in the morning because it broke down in the afternoon. Royal refunded the cost for us because of the break down, so that was nice.

I always head to Columbus cove (but we go the other way though, not through the vendors), there's food and drink there, shade of needed and the beach is really chilled and you can just sit in the water and cool down. Good place for a nap haha!

I was crew though and only ever did half a day on labadee if I wasnt working, it was always my laundry day, so I'd go back after lunch, laundry, shower, nap and then back to work.

We've gone to the beach there and done a little shopping in the small area that the locals are allowed in. After one time though, we haven't bothered to get off the ship in Labadee on a couple of subsequent visits.
This makes for a good point - if you're not into beaches and stay onboard you'll basically have the ship to yourself.

Loved labadee... been there before. We again chose Columbus cove area. Bathroom, bar, food area and close to browse shopping. A perfect relaxing day. I just got our group pix yesterday in the mail.
Great memories. Fun day for sure!

You mean Labadee?

I haven't done any excursions there. Mostly because it's rather expensive, because you can only book through Royal. But the zip line looks like fun.

But overall, we just hit the beach. Adrenaline Beach is a short walk away and faces the Caribbean. We've found it to be a bit rocky and I'd say the majority of beach goers head there.

Columbus Cove is a bit tucked away and the waters are calmer and the floor less rocky. With less people, it's a little less frenetic and easier to get food/drinks. Negative is that going back there is no water shuttle so you have to take the tram or walk back through the vendors village, where some of the vendors have been reported to be a bit pushy (I've noticed they're louder than in other ports, but I haven't encountered anyone blocking your path or anything).

Anyway, I've booked a beach bungalow at Columbus Cove for my August cruise. Not sure if I'll be keeping it but if I do I'll write up a report. 10 months to go for that one!
Yes, I mean Labadee. We were looking at the beach bed for th 2 of us.

We did the short tour which while interesting, pretty sure I wouldn't do again.

We spent the rest of the afternoon at the beach on our beach bed. We loved having the bed (two families shared) and having the cooler w/ the water and the floating mats, which the kids loved.

For us, it was money well spent and we would reserve one again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!