Hairy Legged Pirate

KyleAfterAWhile

DIS Veteran
Years ago when we went to Disney, we received a planning DVD. One of the "highlights" about the Pirates ride was the pirate with the hairy leg.....or at least that is what my memory is telling me.

That same pirate now has pants on covering that leg. With the way things go, I would not be surprised if somebody with hairy legs got offended and complained and that is why the change, but I am wondering iof my memory is off. ?

Has it always been as it is now or did it change? And didn't the DVD mention that specifically?

The "hairy legged" pirate has been a part of PotC for decades.
I don't know (haven't heard anything) if he's been "modified."

That was on the planning video as you recall, but something that changed through the years. I do not believe the change derived from a direct complaint.

The hairy leg is still there and the only change done to the dirty foot pirate was the piece of clothing hanging off him was shortened. You used to be able to just reach up and touch the cloth but I guess people were pulling at it or something so they shortened it so it's out of reach

The hairy leg is still there and the only change done to the dirty foot pirate was the piece of clothing hanging off him was shortened. You used to be able to just reach up and touch the cloth but I guess people were pulling at it or something so they shortened it so it's out of reach

It was originally shorter and he was called the "hairy leg" in the planning video. I believe that is what the OP is asking about.

100_3705.jpg

Red headed wenches may come & go but Sir Harry Legg must live on!pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!