Hair Color Dilemma If you use Natural Instncts

I was looking at the Sally Beauty website and found something called Beautiful Collection by Clairol Professional. It is semi-permanent, but I don't know how long it is supposed to last. You don't mix anything, just put on straight from the bottle. Has anyone tried it?

ETA: just saw something else:
Advanced Gray Solutions semi-permanent - also from Beautiful Collection by Clairol Professional. This one says it lasts for 12 shampoos, and again, you put on straight from the bottle.
https://www.sallybeauty.com/hair/ha...tions-semi-permanent-hair-color/CLAIRL50.html
If you click around on the Sally Beauty site, it seems there are also other brands of semi-permanent colors.

I was looking at the Sally Beauty website and found something called Beautiful Collection by Clairol Professional. It is semi-permanent, but I don't know how long it is supposed to last. You don't mix anything, just put on straight from the bottle. Has anyone tried it?

ETA: just saw something else:
Advanced Gray Solutions semi-permanent - also from Beautiful Collection by Clairol Professional. This one says it lasts for 12 shampoos, and again, you put on straight from the bottle.
https://www.sallybeauty.com/hair/ha...tions-semi-permanent-hair-color/CLAIRL50.html
If you click around on the Sally Beauty site, it seems there are also other brands of semi-permanent colors.
OMG I am going to try that but I wonder if it is like Loving Care? That stuff was horrible and i remember my husband asking my mother using it the black used to turn to purple. If you try it can you let us know?

OMG I am going to try that but I wonder if it is like Loving Care? That stuff was horrible and i remember my husband asking my mother using it the black used to turn to purple. If you try it can you let us know?
I am probably too scared to try it. Ha ha!

Just tried the new NI formula for the 2nd time (in 2 weeks) last night. This time I tried the brass free medium brown instead of just the medium brown. We'll see how that goes.

I am probably too scared to try it. Ha ha!

Just tried the new NI formula for the 2nd time (in 2 weeks) last night. This time I tried the brass free medium brown instead of just the medium brown. We'll see how that goes.
how long did you leave it on for? I noticed that in the sun I was getting a ton of red coming through and then I realized it is the warm brown from Madision Reed which was on my hair before.

L'Oreal has a root touch up that looks like a little pen with teeth on it. It was like 5.95 at Wal Mart. I got one but then realized it is permanent color. If it helps with the root thing it couldn't hurt. It is called Magic Root Resolve.

I just got off the phone with Clariol b/c I wanted to be clear on the wash before/do not wash before question and to once again voice my displeasure. I complained and said , " I am sure you have heard this a million times before but I hate the new NI" Surprisingly, she agreed with me and pretty much agreed that it was not a good product as much as she could. It was like we have heard this a million times but not in a bad or snarky way. Anyway they want you to wash your hair w/out conditioner 24 hrs before they want some oils but not too dirty for what its worth.

Thanks for getting that info. It is interesting that she admitted the new product is not good. Why don't they just go back to the old one? They would sell alot more.

Just used Overtone Espresso on my hair. It looks good. and covered the gray but I know it will not last. I had to leave it in for an hour. I know it will wash out to some extent when I go in the pool at WDW net week but it really left my hair in great condition. This is week 3 and the roots are showing 1/2 to 1/4 inch.

I liked the old creme color they had, didn't really care for the liquid (didn't like having to dampen my hair, didn't seem to work as well on me). I didn't like the new formula at first, but I gave it another try; I went a shade darker and left it on for half an hour. Much better!

For those that have reactions, as I do, a friend of mine told me about a little trick that works miracles. Sweet 'n Low! I put four packages in the bottle before I add the color, then mix it up really good. I haven't had any reactions, and coloring used to give me welts on my head.

It is 2 weeks since I used Garnier Frutisse hair color with the method from my hairdresser. The gray is still covered and I am getting used to the darker color. The color has actually lightened just a bit probably from the shampooing so I am liking it alot more now. My hair feels good and looks good.

It is 2 weeks since I used Garnier Frutisse hair color with the method from my hairdresser. The gray is still covered and I am getting used to the darker color. The color has actually lightened just a bit probably from the shampooing so I am liking it alot more now. My hair feels good and looks good.

I saw a lot of boxes of Garnier hair color at an Odd Lot-type of place. So, I think some of version of it may be discontinued too. Un;ess they were just really old, soon to be expiring product. So, don't get too comfortable with the idea you may have found a new solution. :badpc:

Wow! I went to 2 more CVS stores in my immediate area and found 8 more boxes of the original formula in my color! Medium brown - found a variety, brass-free, regular and crème. I had some CVS coupons, too! Hope they don't go bad before I get to use them!

If Garnier gets bad too, then I have L'Oreal as a back up. That was also recommended by my hair dresser. If that goes away too, I am just going to let myself go gray. :rolleyes1

If Garnier gets bad too, then I have L'Oreal as a back up. That was also recommended by my hair dresser. If that goes away too, I am just going to let myself go gray. :rolleyes1

Some boxes of L'Oreal were also at this Odd Lot place. Again, they could just be some really old boxes or discontinued colors.

I liked the old creme color they had, didn't really care for the liquid (didn't like having to dampen my hair, didn't seem to work as well on me). I didn't like the new formula at first, but I gave it another try; I went a shade darker and left it on for half an hour. Much better!

For those that have reactions, as I do, a friend of mine told me about a little trick that works miracles. Sweet 'n Low! I put four packages in the bottle before I add the color, then mix it up really good. I haven't had any reactions, and coloring used to give me welts on my head.
I wonder what the Sweet and Low does...do they still sell it? The color makes me itch.

I wonder what the Sweet and Low does...do they still sell it? The color makes me itch.

I don't know exactly what it does, but it must be some sort of chemical reaction. I started out with one packet, then added each time until I found that four work for me. I always pick up the packets in restaurants when I see them. I have only used Sweet 'n Low, so I can't say whether other artificial sweeteners would work or not.

The color would also make my scalp itch, but when I do this I don't have any reaction at all.

I don't know exactly what it does, but it must be some sort of chemical reaction. I started out with one packet, then added each time until I found that four work for me. I always pick up the packets in restaurants when I see them. I have only used Sweet 'n Low, so I can't say whether other artificial sweeteners would work or not.

The color would also make my scalp itch, but when I do this I don't have any reaction at all.
Thank you worth a try! I have been on a quest and the holy grail is the perfect semi-permanent hair color ...just got DH HUE at Sephora it costs 35.00 if it does not work well this too will go back. I am going to use it this week it should arrive on Monday.

I colored again today there were some pretty deep roots. I left it in for an hour and used a cap to cover it. I got Overtone conditioner to use inbetween. What a pain but the quality of my hair looks great so much better than the Madison Reed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter