Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

Just adding a data point:
On Saturday, Hagrid's didn't open right away and I think it went down shortly after.
I joined the line just after noon, when the wait time was at 210. It took about 90 minutes from start to end.

They close entry so everyone in line can ride before the park closes.
Kind of makes sense. I'll have to keep my eyes open on that when we go Next Wednesday. I'm used to Disney where you can get in line right before park close.

Thanks!

Kind of makes sense. I'll have to keep my eyes open on that when we go Next Wednesday. I'm used to Disney where you can get in line right before park close.

Thanks!
That's how it works for all the other rides at Universal. They're doing it for Hagrid's because it's still basically held to together with duct tape and needs all the maintenance time it can get.

It opened late today after 10. I jumped in line at about 11, going to single rider. Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the single rider line split has been moved to right before going indoors.

That makes sense. We wont die if we don't get on it (I guess we don't know what we are missing). So our plan is to do everything else we NEED to do then get in line and hope it's operational.

We are staying at HRH for 14 nights so although our aim is to ride Hagrids as many times as possible we are lucky because we don't feel any pressure of having a limited time to get on it. We'll play it by ear in the parks and because we have the UEP we know we'll have a lot more time for other rides etc. So we may do RD on day 3 or 4 if we haven't got on by then but whatever happens we know we'll have to queue for maybe an hour or more. Likewise for FOP as no FP available so will definitely RD AK for that.

Has anyone noticed, is Hagrid’s more likely to have a delayed start when it rains overnight? I would guess yes, but curious if that’s actually been the experience. It’s supposed to rain overnight and maybe (or not) into the morning on Sun so I’m tempted to just plan to let the kids sleep or hit early entry instead.

This makes me so sad. The TMs state again and again that guests need to WALK, yet so many people think this doesn't apply to them. Why can't people just WALK? I wish everyone who runs would be moved to the very back of the line.

Rant over.

What kills me is the people cutting in line trying to move ahead to "catch up" with somebody.

How about they wait for you?

What makes people think they have the right to cut in front of 150 people and inconvenience them to avoid inconveniencing the one or two family members that ran ahead to cut in front of those same people?

I stopped letting anyone pass. Told them I would gladly allow their family members to come back to them.

Rant not over... just on pause. ;)

This makes me so sad. The TMs state again and again that guests need to WALK, yet so many people think this doesn't apply to them. Why can't people just WALK? I wish everyone who runs would be moved to the very back of the line.

Rant over.
You are so much nicer than me. Just once I would like to see one of them skin their knee or something.

I would imagine too many people to keep track of who break the rules and probably not enough TMs to enforce the idea of those customers being moved to the back of the line. Which if it were possible would be good to me.

I wish they did what they were doing a few years ago when for EE for IoA they would have a relatively narrow walk way roped off to the side. Due to the narrowness and people walking, not running, there was a constant flow of people just walking their way to the HP area and that seemed to help with crowd control. I do not know how long it was done for EE for IoA when it was happening, but I thought that seemed to work well. I wish they'd bring that back as I think it would force people to walk, not run, especially if they had a few TMs in the very front of the line.

Also, @CPanther95 I wish I had the guts to tell people that when they'd try to cut. Right on for you!

On a related note...

It's very easy for your party to wait for you - in line - while you head over to use a locker. You can then rejoin them in line (where they were waiting) and then your whole party continues moving with the line. There's no need to push pass everyone to rejoin your group unless your party refused to wait for you while you were at the locker.

If they ditched you when you were nice enough to do the locker run for everyone, have words with them after the ride is over - don't give me attitude because I'm not letting you cut in line.

Just rode it with a 35 minute wait! BEST RIDE EVER!!!

Yeah, today was a great day to ride this ride. When we rode, the posted wait time was 75 minutes. We got in line at 10:41 a.m. and were off the ride at 11:17 a.m. My husband and I were thrilled about the ride, but probably more thrilled about the relatively low wait time for it!

Reactions: CJK
Yeah, today was a great day to ride this ride. When we rode, the posted wait time was 75 minutes. We got in line at 10:41 a.m. and were off the ride at 11:17 a.m. My husband and I were thrilled about the ride, but probably more thrilled about the relatively low wait time for it!

Yesterday was a great day to be in the parks. I’m glad we flew in early and took advantage.

We were at the gate at 7;50 this morning behind about 15 people. They started scanning at 8:40. We entered Many people ran past us. We entered the ropes in Lost Continent at 8:50. We all waited at the lockers while I put things in. We didn’t stop until the room with the crazy ceiling. We were off the ride at 9:10 even though a lot of people past us. So you don’t have to run

Awesome ride!

Kind of not related, but at the same time related.

So, I just got my AP back recently and it was my second time back. I was like, "I'm going to go on Spider-Man today." Cause first, kind of want to wait a little more until trying to do Hagrid's. Second, other than FJ, Spider-Man is my favorite ride and haven't re-ridden it yet.

I got there about 8:45-8:50 and that was a rude awakening. Two lines all the way back to the middle of the bridge, another line that met to the beginning of the bridge on the side going around the ticket areas (think I overheard it was for guest services). Line wasn't moving and I didn't stick around for long so I couldn't tell if they were starting to scan, or not. It looked like a hot mess (because other than the three lines, there were also a lot of people walking around / stopped and looking around). I feel they definitely need more further back telling people what to do since there was so many people joining in late who kept asking where they were supposed to stand in terms of which line. There was only one person at the bridge. If there was any other TMs they were probably all in the front, or at designated places (such as scanning, or ticket booths) since she was the only person I saw.

Since no one talks much about the gate layout before opening I didn't think much of it and just thought, well, maybe theirs a line up for people going to Hagrid's and a line up for just the park when I showed. Anywho, went to US first instead.

Took my time coming around to IoA using HE and when I got out there was a two and a half reported wait time. It was around 10am. Queue was running outside of the regular queue, there was a break about where HE lets out and a few feet away was the queue were Sinbad was. I ended up not getting on Spider-Man, because I considered the line too long (only getting longer and no SR line open), but that's what I get for taking my time getting over there. Not complaining, as I still had a good time with the little I done. I decided it might be best I leave to do early Christmas shopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!