Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

This morning's rope drop was basically a repeat of yesterday's. The kids didn't want to wait this time so we left the line around 10 am to get a late breakfast and head over to US. We thought we heard it start running around 10:15. We're going to try again tomorrow. It looks like a bunch of people have checked out so I'm hoping to get in more than one ride tomorrow since we'll be hanging out in IOA most of the day.

Word of advice...

Watch the track ahead and lean into the turns. There's quite a bit of lateral twisting of the track back and forth that makes for a fast, jerking ride. That was a lot of unnexpected fun, but leaning into the turns smooths it out and makes it seem faster and more like you are "flying" the motorcycle instead of being whipped around strapped to a motorcycle.

Word of advice...

Watch the track ahead and lean into the turns. There's quite a bit of lateral twisting of the track back and forth that makes for a fast, jerking ride. That was a lot of unnexpected fun, but leaning into the turns smooths it out and makes it seem faster and more like you are "flying" the motorcycle instead of being whipped around strapped to a motorcycle.
Dh has to do this on Space Mountain.....which is why we've never been able to ride it at MNSSHP because of it being in the pitch dark.

We just got home from the parks. Last Wednesday we arrived at the parks around 2:00 and went straight to Hagrid's, app said 90 mins. We got in line at 2:20 and by 2:30 they were making announcements that it was delayed. The announcements kept coming every 10 minutes or so, and with each announcement more people left the line, so we kept moving forward despite the ride being down. Once we were in the tunnels, we made the decision to stay put (Wednesday was kind of our bonus day, since it was a travel day). We had just made it into the room with Hagrid's work table (the room in-between the two sets of tunnels) when they closed the ride indefinitely.

A TM was coming through the line with yellow and ruby passes. They said if we wanted to stay in line, we could have a yellow pass. If we wanted to leave the line, we could have a yellow AND a ruby pass. Those were the magic words for us! We took our passes and made our way to the exit. At the exit, there was another TM handing us ANOTHER set of yellow and ruby passes. Score! So we waited about 1h10min, and got 2 ruby passes each. We had express passes, so we gifted all of our yellow passes to strangers in the park. We used our ruby passes on Thursday and Saturday, and luckily the ride was up both times so we had a little less than 15 minute wait. Absolutely LOVED the ride! My favorite that I've ever been on. So unbelievably smooth and exciting!

We did attempt to wait in the line on Friday- it said 105 minutes but it was right at 3:00 so I was hoping it was inflated. It was backed up almost to the ride entrance though, and after about 10 minutes stopped moving with delays. So after waiting 30 minutes and barely moving at all, we decided not to waste the rest of our afternoon and bailed. I'm so glad we got to ride it twice though, I can't wait to go back in a few years when hopefully it's on express!

what

what time did you get to the park at?
We walked over from rpr and were about 20 back in our row around 8 I think.
The lines were backed way back when they let us in and yes some people were running. we walked very very fast until the construction walls by dr suess area then kept a nice quick pace.
They extended the “queue” so it was a longer walk until we got to the actual ride entrance but we never stopped until we got to the point of them asking how many. No preshow.
Again...so much fun!

So we waited about 1h10min, and got 2 ruby passes each. We had express passes, so we gifted all of our yellow passes to strangers in the park. We used our ruby passes on Thursday and Saturday, and luckily the ride was up both times so we had a little less than 15 minute wait. Absolutely LOVED the ride! My favorite that I've ever been on. So unbelievably smooth and exciting!

The Ruby Pass is now more valuable than Vibranium!

Word of advice...

Weird, I thought it was smooth as butter. But on the motorbike, I was riding it like I was on one.

Weird, I thought it was smooth as butter. But on the motorbike, I was riding it like I was on one.

It's extremely smooth. It is only a bit "jerky" when the track does quick twists back and forth and they catch you off guard.

If you ride it like a motorcycle, it's super fluid.

Great night.

Saw Macy's Christmas parade at the Studios at 5:30. Went to see London decked out for Christmas. Then train to IoA. Went to Hippogriff entrance and saw the Christmas laser show on the castle. Rode Hippogriff.

On the way out we saw that they were still taking people into the Hagrid line at 7pm. They said they were about to close the line so we hit the lockers and got in line. Went to the Hagrid film room and it was playing (our first time seeing it). Only one batch of people behind us before line was closed. Finished ride at 7:35.

On our way out they asked if we wanted to ride again. They directed us right back around and we got back on as quick as we could walk around. Rode it 2 more times and off by about 7:50. Could have kept riding - I assume until 8pm.

Unbelievable ride at night. Got front row the first time tonight and it was incredible.

That's amazing! I was there on Saturday and left just after the parade because it was so cold. Now I wish I skipped it for Hagrid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!