Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

I rode it last Wednesday
How was your trip? Did you end up riding more than once? We won't be there until Dec., but really excited to ride this - although we wear robes so will have to have a plan if we don't want to end up in the side car.

I agree with the above about single rider lines. If so many people get in it that it is essentially useless, might as well make everyone go through the regular line. As a frequent solo traveler/single rider, I appreciate Universal having SR lines. I don't mind if groups of adults go in it if it is significantly shorter, but if it becomes overwhelmingly long it doesn't do anyone any good. I did see an issue with the SR line at FJ on Saturday, as a whole family with small children were in it, not understanding what it was.

OT - Since when do SR lines have "rules" other than that the guest is willing to fill in the otherwise empty seats/spaces? Some rides are slower loading than others to allow TM's to group odd/even parties from the standby/EP lines together; others benefit from the TM having the ability to quickly 'grab" singles to fill the seats quickly.

I would say that the more people who use the single rider line it the more useful it is!

The SR lines are not for anyone's benefit except to keep the standby/express line moving quicker by loading otherwise empty seats. If TM's (or CM's) aren't loading properly that's a procedure issue and not a guest abuse issue.

We use them all the time especially on 2 seater attractions as we are a party of 3 and one of us would always be seated with a SR anyway :)

AFAIK there is no rule against families using the SR lines as long as all riders are old enough and willing to ride alone and fill in an otherwise empty seat.

Back On Topic - we will be in the parks mid November and Late December and I am watching this thread closely for tips on riding this - it sounds amazing! As a party of 3 we would definitely use the SR line if available since we don't care where or with whom we sit :)

Last edited:
OT - Since when do SR lines have "rules" other than that the guest is willing to fill in the otherwise empty seats/spaces?

It's not a debate on if there are rules, or not rules. We've already established there are no rules. Simply theorizing reasoning of why Universal (potentially) might want to do subtle things to keep better control of the SR line as clearly we've seen the numbers of people using these lines dramatically increase when certain rides are popular which causes them to be shut down and defeats the purpose of the line.

Can someone give me a strategy for riding this when we have a toddler? We can get there at park opening but probably can't get to the ride as quickly as fast walking adults without kids. We have 3 people that want to ride and one toddler that won't be able to. Any tips/ideas on what to do?

As anyone had experience riding/attempting to ride with an assistance pass recently? How was the process? I was able to find a few reports from right after opening but nothing more recently.

I've been watching this thread so intently - any experiences over Sat & Sun people can tell us about?

So we were at Universal Thursday October 17th thru Sunday October 20th. Saturday we went to IOA. It was pouring buckets all morning and Hagrids was closed. When the rain slowed down, (it was about 11:00) they opened the line telling people that the ride was still closed, but they were hoping to open the ride as weather permitted. Rain stopped around 12:30 and we decided to enter the line. The ride was still closed. I'm happy to say they finally opened the ride and we were done by 2:15! Awesome ride... best in the park. We went back to the park on Sunday about 11:00. The park was packed and the line was at 150 minutes. We didn't bother getting in line. They also had a sign out saying hagrids would be closing early. It looks like they close the line around 6 or 6:30 each night.
A couple of notes
On the single rider line.... as per a TM, that line closes when it gets too long. When it shortens they open it back up. If you get to Hagrid's hut, you missed the single rider line. Also when you just get past hagrids hut, the wait is about one hour and twenty minutes.

Last edited:
So we were at Universal Thursday October 17th thru Sunday October 20th. Saturday we went to IOA. It was pouring buckets Saturday morning and Hagrids was closed. When the rain slowed down, they opened the line telling people they were hoping to open the ride
I was looking at the wait times and it looks like it did open eventually, and even stayed open later than usual (still closed before park close of course).

Less than 2 days before I finally get a chance to try this out!

I rode it for the 3rd time Saturday, my grandmother's first time. I think it was right before 4pm when we were in line at the Butterbeer cart and saw they opened the line again. So of course we made a mad dash to jump in line. After we passed the lockers and walking through the arch, the wait time said 90 minutes. But we were getting onto the ride in an hour with no delays! My grandmother absolutely loved it and said it's her new favorite ride

I rode it first thing this morning. Got in line outside the park around 8:10. My line already had about 15 people in it. They started letting people in the gates at 8:45. Once I reached the Hagrid’s line, TMs were announcing it was in extended delay and they did not have an estimated open time. Stayed in line and glad I did because the delay was short. I was off the ride by 9:40. Went to check back later around 3:30 and the ride was already at capacity (not sure when this happened). I overheard a TM say they had to have everybody off the ride by 5 PM for scheduled maintenance.

Can someone give me a strategy for riding this when we have a toddler? We can get there at park opening but probably can't get to the ride as quickly as fast walking adults without kids. We have 3 people that want to ride and one toddler that won't be able to. Any tips/ideas on what to do?
We will be in the same boat for our 1.5 days in December. It'll be dh, myself, ds, d-dil, and dgd (who will be too short to ride ANYTHING)! I understand all need to get in line together to do the child swap but I'm not thinking that will be feasible with a 15 month old. Has anyone had luck and what was your strategy for this?

You're going to have to break up and take the toddler to the play areas while the others ride. I don't think you want to be taking the toddler with you through the line. This is one time where the child swap isn't the best. I'd have a couple of people do it at opening and then watch the ap.

We're going to be in the same boat in December and we'll just break up.

What is there to do while waiting in line for my impatient 12 year old son? Is a 3prong fanny pack with phone inside allowed on this ride so he can play on phone while waiting?

Got in line for IoA at 8am today
Waiting to get in park.
App says ride opening at 9am currently
Will report back intermittently

Gates opened 840am

Was told delayed open for ride (lies)
In cattle queue at 850am
Told 45min from Lockers
Lockers by 9am
At front of queue 910am, didn't even see pre show as line just kept moving
Off ride 915am

App says 150min wait now

Bammmmm 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤪🤪🤪🤪

Getting brekkie at Three Broomsticks now!

Aaaaand ride is "at capacity" at 3pm today

Last edited:
Got in the DAS/express line around 2:50. Saw trains going as I walked through the queue. As soon as I get indoors I hear a “minor delay.” At 3pm sharp I checked and it’s at capacity. They just said at 3:17 it’s going to be “an extended delay.”

Of course.

I’m gonna wait till a few minutes after 3:30 a just come back tomorrow if we’re still stuck. I got through Saturday morning.

I really appreciate all of you who report your experience. We have one day at universal (I know it's not enough - but it is what it is) we are doing both parks and can get in early to USF . . . but we really want to ride Hagrid's.

Or should we get that extra hour in at USF and head over mid-day and get right in the line for Hagrids? We'll be there November 4th. Appreciate all your help!

I'm leaning toward skipping the early morning and waiting to rope drop Hagrids then doing all the other stuff we can . . . thoughts? We won't be doing much of the huge roller coasters, but do want to do all the Harry Potter and Jurassic stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts