Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

I don't know if the single rider line is made aware that they should take the sidecar, which I thought was what was supposed to happen. My daughter and I waited in standby, we both wanted the bike, when they paired us with single riders, the guy that was paired with my daughter didn't seem to have a clue which vehicle he should ride. This could be causing some of the issues. I'm waiting longer in the standby line for the specific purpose of getting the bike.

Hmm, Hagrid was down from 10 - about 1:30 today then was up to 150 min which seemed legit. Going to try tomorrow which is our last day. Hopefully better luck.
The ride was down for several hours earlier last week due to the bee situation. When the ride opened again around 4pm the posted wait went to 120 pretty quickly. We got a locker and got into line, figuring that if it was mobbed, we'd leave. But with no preshow, we were on the ride in about 23 minutes. I was pleasantly surprised. So don't give up hope. You may have better luck on a weekday.

We went to the parks last week and we were able to ride Hagrid's 3 times. First, let me say that the ride is awesome and lives up to expectations. The first day we went was Monday. We started our day at USF and at around 1pm, the wait time showed 75 minutes, so we hopped on the train and went over to IOA. We got in line at 1:35 and we waited about 45 minutes to get on. The second time we tried to rope drop on Thursday. However, my family of five couldn't get their butts out on time, so we didn't get to the park until 9:17 and the wait time was 2 hours and the line was back into Jurassic Park, past the kebab stand. It only took an hour though and we were on at 10:17. The third and last time, we did get to the park early, around 8:40 on Friday. We got stuck at the turnstile with a family trying to get their new passes activated and we got in line at 9:03. We got on the ride at 9:37. It seemed like the line expands to 2-3 hours somewhere between 9 and 10 and usually settles down to around 90 minutes for most of the day. While it felt better in the morning, once you factor in the time to wait before the gate opens, it would probably be better to go early afternoon. Just one guy's opinion.

So, I'm reading through a lot of the various posts as I'm trying to learn as much as I can prior to taking our kids in late January. There has been a lot of discussion about the bike and the sidecar... I apologize if this is outlined somewhere but are the experiences really that different on one versus the other. So we will have two adults and two kids, one of which is only 9 and tiny. I'm a bit nervous she will get anxious/nervous... so what does one recommend for her to make her feel more secure. Also, my husband is 6'/6"1 and about 230. Is there a recommendation for him as well? I'm excited but now after reading all of these reviews nervous we might be overwhelmed or make someone in the line mad as we have no idea what we are doing! TIA!

So, I'm reading through a lot of the various posts as I'm trying to learn as much as I can prior to taking our kids in late January. There has been a lot of discussion about the bike and the sidecar... I apologize if this is outlined somewhere but are the experiences really that different on one versus the other. So we will have two adults and two kids, one of which is only 9 and tiny. I'm a bit nervous she will get anxious/nervous... so what does one recommend for her to make her feel more secure. Also, my husband is 6'/6"1 and about 230. Is there a recommendation for him as well? I'm excited but now after reading all of these reviews nervous we might be overwhelmed or make someone in the line mad as we have no idea what we are doing! TIA!

If you want to feel safer, more secure: Sidecar. If you want more room, feel more comfortable, and feeling more adventurous: Bike.

I had hoped they would have gotten the ride working better by now, but I checked today and saw it was delayed opening, then a 90 minute wait, and then an hour later it was "at capacity". With that sort of schedule, I'd probably only be able to get 1 ride in, and the whole purpose of a potential visit one of the first days of January would be to see the Christmas decorations and ride Hagrid's.

To feel more secure, ride in the sidecar. It's a much more exciting ride on the bike. Also, if you're wearing robes or a sundress, you have to ride in the sidecar. I normally wear sundresses at UO, but because of this ride, this trip I wore tees with leggings.

Question for you all. How does it work at rope drop if you need to put bags in the lockers? Is it the kiss of death? 500 people pass you by?

I had hoped they would have gotten the ride working better by now, but I checked today and saw it was delayed opening, then a 90 minute wait, and then an hour later it was "at capacity". With that sort of schedule, I'd probably only be able to get 1 ride in, and the whole purpose of a potential visit one of the first days of January would be to see the Christmas decorations and ride Hagrid's.

While it seems it has it bad and good days still, it's made a lot of progress believe it, or not. I'd say keep checking and then form more of an opinion when it's closer to that time. You still have a few months until your trip if it's within the first week of January. Considering how much has changed since it's first opened, I would imagine a lot would change by the time you're here as well.

I've been reading over this thread, but still can't decide if we should try to ride at park opening or late morning. We'll be at the parks this Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and ideally we'd really like to ride once.

I've been reading over this thread, but still can't decide if we should try to ride at park opening or late morning. We'll be at the parks this Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and ideally we'd really like to ride once.

We did opening on both 9/27 and 9/28. On 9/27 we got to the gates aproximately 8:30AM. We were let in at 8:50 and got through the entrance by 9:10 on line at 9:15 and were off the ride by 10:05, a 50 minute wait. On 9/28 we were at the gates by 8:15, let in at 8:50, through the entrance by 8:55, online by 9:00 and offthe ride by 9:25, a 25 minute wait . Those15 minutes were huge!

Got to ride both the cycle and the sidecar. I likedthe cycle, DH didn't have a preference. Fantastic ride! Would have waited even longer for it andI hate lines. Did FOP also for the first time last week and even though both DH and I loved it, we both agreed Hagrid's was better.

While it seems it has it bad and good days still, it's made a lot of progress believe it, or not. I'd say keep checking and then form more of an opinion when it's closer to that time. You still have a few months until your trip if it's within the first week of January. Considering how much has changed since it's first opened, I would imagine a lot would change by the time you're here as well.

We have 3 chances next week (Thursday, Friday, Saturday 10/10 - 10/12) surely we'll get lucky on one of those days. It's hard to believe they're still having so many problems.

Question for you all. How does it work at rope drop if you need to put bags in the lockers? Is it the kiss of death? 500 people pass you by?
If you're by yourself, a few people will definitely pass you by, but it's not like a tsunami of people will go in front of you. There are 2 types of lockers... the free one is smaller (think Kavu bag, purse) and the large one (backpack size) requires a $2 payment. Either way, you'll need your park ticket to open one (ticket on phone will not work), so just be prepared as you approach and it won't be bad. My family elected to wait around the corner while my daughter and I got 2 lockers so we wouldn't have to fight through the line to find them as it moves fairly quickly at the front.

Either way, you'll need your park ticket to open one (ticket on phone will not work),

If you buy online or through the app, how do you get the paper ticket? I will be there next Tuesday (10/8) and hoping to ride Hagrid's as well. We're going to try right after lunch and hope for a 60 minute wait or so. Crossing our fingers!

Hi everyone !
At universal right now 😀 arrived at the front entrance to IOA at 8.35 but had to pick up my tickets... got into the line around 8.40 at the front entrance.. they started letting in to the park at 8.50. Had a power walk to the queue and was on and off the ride really fast was back at the lockers at 9.35. Was well organized no one was running or pushing and shoving. Ride was excellent and was surprised how quickly we did it.

If you buy online or through the app, how do you get the paper ticket? I will be there next Tuesday (10/8) and hoping to ride Hagrid's as well. We're going to try right after lunch and hope for a 60 minute wait or so. Crossing our fingers!

You can show / scan your phone, but most recommend a paper copy that you can print at home just in case.

FWIW, my ticket on my phone worked just fine for popping open the locker.

Like another poster replied, it just depends if you're with someone else or not. If you're alone and you're able to use the free lockers (the ones you have to pay for will delay you a bit more) then you might have like 20 people or so pass you by. I had my wife and kids continue on in the line ahead of me while I handled the locker. I was able to catch up to them with no issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!