Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

Not sure really. Universal must be more lax than Disney though because she was able to ride the Mummy, Hagrid's, and FJ with no problems. We tried twice on two different days to ride Rock N' Rollercoaster, and she was like an inch short each time. 48 inches must be different in Disney than at my doctor's office and Universal! :laughing:

I know with our little one when we were there in December, if she bent her head forward, she wouldn't reach the bottom of the measuring board but if she put her head up nicely, she reached it. The problem with those measuring sticks is that it is instinctive for kids not to touch it instead of touch it.

What do universal "experts' out there think the chances are of hagrid's being on the express pass list by july this year ?

We rode Hagrid last night (2/16) for first time. It was showing waits of 115 to 120 all day. TP app said wait until 9:00, lines will go down. There was a downpour around 6:30 and the Universal app wasn’t showing any wait time at all for a while - it also didn’t say closed or delayed but I assume the ride wasn’t running because most of the other coasters were offline. Rain eventually stopped and then a little before 9, sure enough, the wait time dropped to 60 min. We were trying to fit in some last rides at USF (9:00 closing) then we sprinted to catch last Hogwarts train to IOA (10:00 closing). Ran to Hagrids and hopped on line, by that time (9:20) wait time was up to 75 min and stayed that way until closing. Our actual wait was 65 min.

That was the only ride during our 3 day universal trip that we waited more than 15 minutes and it was totally worth it! The theming, the speed and intensity of the coaster, the various surprises, the motorbike sounds, were all great. Super smooth ride. My 7 year old who was worried it would be too intense, loved it as well. Wished we could ride it again and again!

Just sharing my experiences from the last couple days. Arrived on Monday 2/17, and went to IOA in the evening solely to see the Hogwarts night show. Hagrids was running, so I was about to get in line right at closing with a 90 minute posted wait, but my daughter freaked out about riding it and we left the line.

On Tuesday 2/18 I walked from Hard Rock to try at opening, but they had an announcement before they opened that Hagrids would be delayed and they were hoping to open midday. I had left my whole family behind, so I headed back to the hotel to start our day. I’m not sure when it opened, but there was a wait time when I checked around 10:30. It was operating again that night at closing, but I was with my daughter and couldn’t get in line.

Today (Wednesday 2/19) was my last day this trip. My husband convinced me to try again at rope drop, so I arrived around 8:30. They started letting us in at 8:45 and one of the employees did confirm it was running this morning. I followed the crowd and was able to ride after waiting about 40 minutes. Checking the app during the day, the ride was down from like 10:00-5:00 today. I was so relieved I was successful this morning because my backup was to try around 1:00 pm and it was down (we didn’t stay until closing today).

Amazing ride, but definitely still quite unreliable!

I agree. Rode it today and it was down for over 6 hours. Thankfully we were close by when it reopened and only had to wait 25 minutes. Awesome ride but sucks that it’s so persnickety!

We will be visiting Universal on April 10th. I was just checking in to see if we would be able to get on this year. I think we are going to have the same plan as last year....Plan on not riding, and if things work out, then that's a bonus.

We tried RD last year, but by the time we got back there, the posted time was 3 hours.

We will be visiting Universal on April 10th. I was just checking in to see if we would be able to get on this year. I think we are going to have the same plan as last year....Plan on not riding, and if things work out, then that's a bonus.

We tried RD last year, but by the time we got back there, the posted time was 3 hours.
As long as it’s running at rope drop, it’s not gonna be a 3 hour wait anymore.

Well, that's good news. We do RD everywhere, so we will be there as soon as it opens. Hopefully it's running and we can get on.

I was able to ride it 2/12. It was posted as a 75 minute wait, but it was about a 90 minute wait to ride it. It was awesome. They were not allowing singe riders yet when I got in line. Definitely worth the wait.

I agree. Rode it today and it was down for over 6 hours. Thankfully we were close by when it reopened and only had to wait 25 minutes. Awesome ride but sucks that it’s so persnickety!
Oh, also adding to my earlier note - when we got on, the wait said it was 45 minutes, but it was actually only about 25.

From what info I am gathering, this ride keeps encountering new problems as things start to wear. It isn't the same thing over and over again.

I've been following this thread for a few months now. Do we still think it's the best course of action to try to do rope drop? I'm willing to check the app throughout the day for standby wait time, but should we try rope drop too?

I've been following this thread for a few months now. Do we still think it's the best course of action to try to do rope drop? I'm willing to check the app throughout the day for standby wait time, but should we try rope drop too?

I've resigned myself to trying both. Our first day has USF in the morning and IoA in the afternoon, so I'll watch the wait times and try to get on. The next morning, we'll rope drop IoA for either a first chance or a reride...if we don't get on either of those, then the 2nd day afternoon will be our last chance!

Does anyone know what’s going on with this ride? Is there any hope of it becoming reliably open before my trip in a week and a half?

I would definitely do rope drop, unless you have early admission to Universal Studios instead. Doing rope drop and hot–footing it to Hagrid’s is the best strategy for sure. Especially since it seems to break a lot, riding it first thing might get you in there before it breaks. For us two days ago, we had early admission to Universal Studios so we did not do rope drop. We were planning on hitting Hagrid‘s around lunch since I had heard that the crowds tended to die down a bit when people are eating, but it ended up being broken from 10 until almost 5 PM. Luckily we were at Poseidons fury when it came back up so it was a short sprint from there to get in the line.

Reactions: CJK
Does anyone know what’s going on with this ride? Is there any hope of it becoming reliably open before my trip in a week and a half?

Short answer - No.

Longer answer - Will it be open? More than likely. I say more than likely as I’m unsure if you’re going there for a day, or multiple days. “Reliably” open not so sure about that. As @damo mentioned it keeps coming up with new issues as it keeps going along. It still having good and bad days. So, even if it has a good day I don’t consider that reliably open. It seems it will still be awhile until Hagrid’s can run at 100% for open to close 365 days a year.

Dang it, they reopened but had single rider closed

And so was mummy’s single rider closed

And rip rockit was closed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!