Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

The “delayed openings” of the last few days could just be a line blocking tactic to encourage some people to go somewhere else. Show people a large line with no promise that it will be moving soon and they might spread out.

One thing I really don’t like about this queue is that once you get inside you have no idea what is going on. We’ve been standing in place now for 10 minutes and have had 2 extremely loud announcements. Both regarding some type of safety.

Ugh. Still can’t figure out what to do
Tomorrow is our only chance to ride. Had hoped to get over there in time to ride today but DH has had work issues all week that have caused us lots of delays doing things. So tomorrow is it. We check out and fly home late. I’m thinking maybe go over about 8:00, 8:30. Hope it opens

We'll be there Saturday and plan on trying it early afternoon. I've been following this thread for months and was optimistic until the delay reports starting coming in last week. A couple of weeks ago, I was seeing a lot of reports like 90 posted/45 wait. Last week 120 posted/75 wait (plus extended delays closures). And now 120+posted/120 wait. Going in the wrong direction. Hoping for good news to share this weekend.

Ok managed to ride today and it was awesome. Posted 135 minutes and I believe we waited around 95. Honestly can’t wait to do it again.

Out of curiosity... I understand there is no express pass right now but who are the people that the cast members kept letting bypass the line? I want to be one of those people hah.

Reactions: DLo
Ok managed to ride today and it was awesome. Posted 135 minutes and I believe we waited around 95. Honestly can’t wait to do it again.

Out of curiosity... I understand there is no express pass right now but who are the people that the cast members kept letting bypass the line? I want to be one of those people hah.
When we did the backstage tour we entered through a different line
I believe those with disability passes do too

Ugh. Still can’t figure out what to do
Tomorrow is our only chance to ride. Had hoped to get over there in time to ride today but DH has had work issues all week that have caused us lots of delays doing things. So tomorrow is it. We check out and fly home late. I’m thinking maybe go over about 8:00, 8:30. Hope it opens

It's so hard to decide if we should take the chance and wait or just do the things we know we can get on.

Has anyone been on the VIP tour when the ride's been down and not gotten on it, or did they get to ride it when it was back up and running? Thinking of having a VIP day just to get on this ride, but it's a lot of money to spend if it's down on the day we do it.

Has anyone been on the VIP tour when the ride's been down and not gotten on it, or did they get to ride it when it was back up and running? Thinking of having a VIP day just to get on this ride, but it's a lot of money to spend if it's down on the day we do it.
I checked in to this before booking and there’s no guarantee. Our guide was checking constantly on his phone to check status and confirm our group got to ride. He finally told us the good news that yes it was running and we were heading there next. We were so busy I had not been checking its status myself so I’m not sure if it had been down or not

Last edited:
I checked in to this before booking and there’s no guarantee. Our guide was checking constantly on his phone to check status and confirm our group got to ride. He finally told us the good news that yes it was running and we were heading there next. We were so busy I had been checking its status myself so I’m not sure if it had been down or not
Very helpful, thank you. May leave it until we're in resort (HRH), we are there for 2 weeks so will see if we can get on before booking VIP.

Have friends coming down next week, and was hoping they'd be able to ride it. I'm meeting them at Universal next Friday. Hopefully it gets a little better by then

Had no idea they were having such a bee problem

So far so good this morning. Showing opening on time. We are in the park in the crowd ready to go in the sueues area to head back to the ride

And nope. Delayed open. They have not given us in line any info. Just saw the app updated. Would be nice if they make an announcement

Still waiting. No updates from staff. Is this normal? I though others got info while in line. Did they just go ask someone?

Just opened. We are in line next to the bathrooms in lost continent. We’ll see how long it takes.

45 min and we are in the building at the video

Last edited:
Forbidden Journey has been reported closed this morning too.

When Hagrids opened Touring Plans reported it as posted 240, expected 180.

Yeah, I see that everyone has wait times on the app, but FJ is reported as opens at 9AM, even though it's past 10AM. 🤔

Must not be running at full capacity or something. They had said we’d be 30 from where we were in line waiting on things to open. It’s been an hour already and we aren’t on yet. Snaking through the room with the eggs

Guess we’ve made it to the inside of the hut. After the never ending tunnel. 70 min since it opened. TM at the photo stop told us 25 min from here

that was about right. We were done by 11:15

Last edited:
Too busy to write yesterday, but here goes..... yesterday we were in line at the entrance to Islands of Adventure at 8:00. At 8:30 they scanned our park tickets and let us walk ahead a few yards and then stopped us. At 8:45, they let us loose and we ran (sorry, yes, we are runners!😆). Got on at 9:30 exact. At the end of the ride, it slowed down of course, but stopped just shy of the unloading platform. For five minutes, we sat on the ride and the announcement came on that they were having an issue. When we got off, the lady attendant asked us if we wanted to ride again since being stuck at the end left us not having the “perfect” ride. We would be fools to turn her down! She took us to a special entrance to the side and put us on the ride AGAIN one minute later!!!! So we rode it twice in 45 minutes👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻.
Today we tried the same strategy and it backfired. Got there at the same time...... then they stopped us near Lost Continent and said the ride is down and no idea when back up. It could be five minutes, it could be HOURS! i waited ten minutes and gave up, but my parents waited an hour before the line even moved. They rode it and liked it.
On a side note the line stretches so far it is almost mind boggling during the day. At 9:40,end of the line was at If I Ran the Zoo. I know that because the employee was holding a sign that said this is the end of the line for Hagrid. Hope my post helps ya’ll.

Its not exactly an EP, but we were in line for 3 hours through numerous technical problems and then they closed the ride for good. Everyone still in line got a re-entry ticket good for 1 month. When we used the ticket the following day we were taken to bypass the line and joined In the last big room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter