Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

FWIW, my ticket on my phone worked just fine for popping open the locker.
To be honest, I didn't try it at Hagrid's, but it definitely didn't work for the Gringott's lockers, so I just assumed it wouldn't work. Gringott's had attendants handing out passes to use, but I had my paper ticket with me anyway

Quick update from IOA HagridS been closed for a few hours now! Clear blue skies so must be a technical problem

• Sad
Reactions: CJK

As of right now, it appears to be "closed" at the moment. All other attractions that are intended to be open are showing their wait times on the app.

Yesterday, entered line at 12 noon, got into single rider, waited until 12:20pm and got first car, bike. Awesome, as I thought when I rode a few times in August, though never in the front until yesterday.

Oh, and checked my photo pass account, and saw a video in it. It is a short video of Hagrid on his bike, then shows the whole train of cars I was first in. Is that new? Did not get that when I did the photos in August.

As of right now, it appears to be "closed" at the moment. All other attractions that are intended to be open are showing their wait times on the app.
Looks like it’s still closed. Anyone know if it’s been open at all today? We just landed and are headed there in the morning. Hoping it’s back up by then!

Looks like it’s still closed. Anyone know if it’s been open at all today? We just landed and are headed there in the morning. Hoping it’s back up by then!

Apparently there was some kind of accident (not a safety issue one) and it won't be opening today but should be tomorrow.

Apparently there was some kind of accident (not a safety issue one) and it won't be opening today but should be tomorrow.

Like a Code V, or P? Just kidding. You said it wasn't a safety issue, so I couldn't help to think.

Here today. Heard the cheer when it opened about 10:45am but we were boarding Hogwarts Express. It's still up but they closed the line at 3pm. We're going to try hanging around in the area tomorrow morning before heading over to Disney.

Really disappointing to be closed yesterday and a 180 minute wait this afternoon with it closing early today, our only two days at Universal.

Tried again this morning. We checked the app at 7am and it said Hagrid would open at 9. We got to the gate around 8:20 and they announced that Hagrid would be delayed, but the app didn't change to Delayed until after 9. We grabbed Starbucks and hung out near Bob the fountain with the crowd until 9:45, then took a chance on going back to the hotel (Royal Pacific) to check out and store bags. Got back about 10:45, still delayed. They finally opened the line about 11:30 and we were able to jump in the staged queue. I got the alert and the app reported the ride open with a 90 minute wait at 11:40.

They held the crowd from Hogsmeade until we all passed. We walked steadily until just before the classroom, now seems to be moving at standard pace.

UPDATE: Got on in about 30 and got the front car! Wait time posted now at 120.

Last edited:
Got back about 10:45, still delayed. They finally opened the line about 11:30 and we were able to jump in the staged queue. I got the alert and the app reported the ride open with a 90 minute wait at 11:40.

They held the crowd from Hogsmeade until we all passed. We walked steadily until just before the classroom, now seems to be moving at standard pace.
I'll be there this week, and am totally confused by this part. How do you get in a virtual queue for this ride? This is the first time I have seen anyone mention it.

I'll be there this week, and am totally confused by this part. How do you get in a virtual queue for this ride? This is the first time I have seen anyone mention it.

Staged queue, not virtual queue. They basically held everyone back in a holding area before they opened the actual line to let them in once they resumed operations.

Staged queue, not virtual queue. They basically held everyone back in a holding area before they opened the actual line to let them in once they resumed operations.

Yes, this @georgina . They have a staged queue over to the right of the path before you get to Hogsmeade, near the bathrooms and behind the talking fountain. Signs were up to guide people there as the park opened, and cast members were yelling that it was going to be on "extended delay" but that they could wait if they wanted.

There were people waiting in that area from park opening, with many people giving up and others who had family come and go while they held a spot until it opened. We were just over on the other side of the queue area on a wall near the fountain and were able to jump in that area when it started moving as the cast members had seen us over there most of the morning. They allowed family to join others in line, but then closed it.

We were about three people from the end, and cast members guided the whole group over into the land through a fenced off path and into the regular line, THEN they opened it up behind us to people waiting over by the regular line. It was after that the app finally updated to say the ride was open. We were 10 minutes into the queue by then and the wait time said 90 minutes. Ultimately from the time we started moving to when we got on, it was about a 30 minute wait (plus the 2.5 hours hovering).

I rode last night. Entered the queue at 5pm. Wait time said 60 minutes and it took just over that.. Tired to go back around to ride again but it was closed at capacity. I would hate to be the tm at the gate after it closed. I couldn’t believe the number of people hanging around talking to him. Didn’t get close enough to hear what was being said but nobody looked happy.

Reactions: DLo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter