Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

The word I've heard elsewhere is that during the week they are closing it earlier for longer meainteneace and keeping it open the full day on weekends for the next little bit.

This past weekend it was running from open until close from the reports I've read.

Guess no more rumblings of going to the virtual line system?? I was hoping that would be up and running before we go in October.

Guess no more rumblings of going to the virtual line system?? I was hoping that would be up and running before we go in October.

It was only considered as a temporary measure when the ride first opened in case the line spilled out into Hogsmead. After the first couple of days once it was found that the line consistently fit into the ride queue itself, the idea was killed.

It's not happening.

I didn't realize that was the reasoning behind it. We will just plan to wait in line. :)
Thanks for the info!

We rode it the past two days, early afternoon, each time with posted 120 min waits. On Sunday it was a 65" wait, and today it was an hour. We hit Moaning Myrtle's before getting into line, and I brought some wet paper towels to keep cool with, as well as water to sip on. It took about 30 minutes to get inside the building, and another 30 to get to the ride.
Awesome ride, didn't expect it to be as fast as it is, like the Hippogriff on steroids. The bike is a much more intense ride. I did the bike yesterday. Today my daughter rode the bike and I did sidecar. We also got front row by chance, really cool!
We're going to try to ride it each day. It's so much fun!

I just got back from a 4 day 3 night trip. Rode Hagrids once, on Friday the 20th September. Got in line around 1:40 PM-ish. Posted 90 minute wait, took about 100 minutes. Ride broke down three times while waiting in line, and once again while we were on it, right after the drop in the cave.

The first time the ride broke down in line it was around a 5 minute wait before it came back up.
2nd time it was around a 25 minute wait. A lot of people left the line.
3rd time it was around 10 minutes.
While on the ride, we were stuck for around 3-5 minutes (but at least it was inside the cave)

I enjoyed the ride, I did not enjoy the breakdowns.

The word I've heard elsewhere is that during the week they are closing it earlier for longer meainteneace and keeping it open the full day on weekends for the next little bit.

This past weekend it was running from open until close from the reports I've read.
Nope. Not on Sunday anyway. It closed around 3. We had to balance USO closing at 5 and the possibility of Hagrids closing early. Decided to just ride it once and jump back if it stayed open but u fortunately that did not work out.

I’m curious to know where the line was backed up to for all these people saying the rode in 30-45 minutes with a posted 2 hour wait. It didn’t seem
To break down any while we were in line as it was constantly moving and while I was outside I could see cars going every 30ish seconds. It still took us about 80 minutes. Also, why is the preshow so far back in the line? It seems to me unless you walk straight into the preshow, you’re waiting at least 30 minutes.

Also, why is the preshow so far back in the line?

Unfortunately, there is no answer for that. ET is designed the same way and so was Twister for a couple of examples, but I do not think a lot of people think about it, because ET is usually not packed and for Twister, unless the attraction was packed the pre-shows essentially felt as if it was the queue. I've only waited outside the doors of Twister once out of the many times I went.

All we know is what the point is for pre-shows, which is giving guests entertainment while guests are in an attraction, or to entertain guests to delay a queue in order to give more time for guests to enter an attraction. The placement and need for a pre-show is determined I would imagine is determined by whether they have content / necessity to explain things, as well as estimated popularity of an attraction. I'm sure if Universal had any idea on how popular these rides would be from the beginning FJ would have a pre-show too, just like Gringott's and Hagrid's.

By the way, I forgot to mention the ride is absolutely worth the wait, including the 3 months I’ve waited living here with an AP until my wife could go. It was killing me, but stayed completely spoiler free. It was only slightly spoiled by seeing part of the track from the queue.

I thought all the “best ride in Orlando” talk was going to overhype it for me and I’d come away disappointed. But I 100% agree. I can’t wait to ride it again. It probably helped that I got to ride the bike and on the front row my first time. I wish everyone could have a chance to wait for it but I feel so blessed that it worked out that we got to do the front row.

I went back today to try and ride it but as soon as I got there it was delayed, and never reopened. They said there were honey bees on the track!

Well I said it never reopened. I just got a notification from my my couch right after I posted that it just reopened. I just assumed since they’ve been closing at 3 that they wouldn’t bother. Maybe with so much downtime they’ll leave it open and a trip back tonight is warranted...

I’m a tad nervous! I don’t like big coasters typically. 😬
I like big coasters but they don't always like me any more sometimes, lol. For reference, I held my husband's stuff while he went on Hulk & I can do all the coasters at Disney, though the backwards portion on Expedition Everest makes me a bit too aware of my tummy & Space Mountain is just too jerky/rough for me.

I had no issues at all on Hagrid's - it was truly just pure fun & enjoyment from beginning to end!

Got right in line when they reopened today around 4 or a little before. Got a locker first, expected a huge wait as there were a ton of people hanging around the entrance while they ran a few test runs. Turns out we got all the way to right before Hagrid's workroom before the line slowed. They weren't running the preshow, just moving people right through. 23 minute total wait, I was pleasantly surprised. The posted wait after we got out was 45 minutes.

By the way, I forgot to mention the ride is absolutely worth the wait, including the 3 months I’ve waited living here with an AP until my wife could go. It was killing me, but stayed completely spoiler free. It was only slightly spoiled by seeing part of the track from the queue.

I thought all the “best ride in Orlando” talk was going to overhype it for me and I’d come away disappointed. But I 100% agree. I can’t wait to ride it again. It probably helped that I got to ride the bike and on the front row my first time. I wish everyone could have a chance to wait for it but I feel so blessed that it worked out that we got to do the front row.

I went back today to try and ride it but as soon as I got there it was delayed, and never reopened. They said there were honey bees on the track!
I have yet to ride but from the POV, IMO, it maybe best family ride in Orlando. The POV that has been leaked for the Jurassic Park new coaster will have it beat. Multiple launches and multiple inversions. Right now so would rate Mako as best Orlando's best ride.

On Jan 3, 2020, touring plan is showing a 3 hour wait at opening. I'm typically not concerned since TP cant accurately measure rope drop times, but I'm concerned that early admission by resort guests will actually make rope dropping ineffective. Is the lines caused by early admission guests really that bad for this ride?

I’m curious to know where the line was backed up to for all these people saying the rode in 30-45 minutes with a posted 2 hour wait. It didn’t seem
To break down any while we were in line as it was constantly moving and while I was outside I could see cars going every 30ish seconds. It still took us about 80 minutes. Also, why is the preshow so far back in the line? It seems to me unless you walk straight into the preshow, you’re waiting at least 30 minutes.

We rode a couple times where the wait was posted at 120 but the line was not outside at all, we walked right into the indoor part. One time we waited about 10 minutes for the pre-show, then after getting through the pre-show we walked all the way straight to Hagrid's workroom without stopping and ended up only waiting 30 minutes total. Other times we walked into the pre-show within a minute or two of getting in line but then the line was full after the preshow and we waited about 30 to 40 minutes total. One time we rode they didn't have all the switchbacks open in the last room.

So I would say that usually if you walk directly into the indoor part without any outdoor wait then your wait is likely to be about 30 to 40 minutes total if there are no breakdowns.

Reactions: DLo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!