Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

We will be there next week! Are they still allowing 3-prong fanny packs on this attraction? We bought one specifically for this trip.

Today we went in with the plan to ride Hagrid's. Wait times were long all morning as I checked. Then it showed "Delayed" as we were on the boat in. We entered IOA and when we got to the split the sign read "90 Minutes". We hoofed it to Hagrid's and the line stopped just inside the building. From there the wait was only 30 minutes and we got to ride the front car for our very first ride ever! It was awesome!! Then we went to Forbidden Journey and rode that. Then we thought we should check Hagrid's again and it still said 90 and this time it only took 40! So we both got to ride each side. All this only took 1:45. It was fantastic!!2699463_127835180.jpg

In line now. Went through the queue entrance at 10:25. Walked straight through the queue to the area before the pre-show and waited about 5 mins. It’s now 10:44, Heading down towards the stables. Sign at the front of the park said 180 mins. At the ride entrance it said 120.

ETA: on and off the ride in 35 mins. Best ride in Orlando, absolutely would have waited 2 hours for that.

Last edited:
In line now. Went through the queue entrance at 10:25. Walked straight through the queue to the area before the pre-show and waited about 5 mins. It’s now 10:44, Heading down towards the stables. Sign at the front of the park said 180 mins. At the ride entrance it said 120.

ETA: on and off the ride in 35 mins. Best ride in Orlando, absolutely would have waited 2 hours for that.
Please update when you get out...I'll be hopefully doing the same thing tomorrow.

We slept in today but we'll be heading in shortly.

Not quite as lucky today, but still really good. Wait time posted was 180 mins. Real time more like 60. Took about 30 mins to get to pre-show, another 30 to get to the loading area. Single rider is saving people time today, but they are only opening the single rider line sporadically.

Last edited:

Going to Universal Sunday for the first time since moving here 2 months ago. I have any AP but my wife will just have a single day ticket so we want to make it count. It’s been killing me not to ride it but I had to wait on her or she would have killed me haha.

I just want to make sure Hagrids is in the same locker procedure category as Mummy, and not Hulk or RRR where everyone MUST use lockers. Is that the case?

And just from reading the last several pages it sounds like it DOES open with the park most of the time now. Is that correct? It also seems like they’ve gotten control of the breakdowns. Usually when I check wait times it only says 90 minutes and per the people on here it sounds like it’s actually considerably less than that as long as it doesn’t break down. So hopefully we’ll get to ride multiple times without too much of a time suck.

Also, why does the universal site list the IOA opening as 9am with “early entrance” at 9am also? Then other days it says no early admittance. I just want to make sure they aren’t letting resort guests in first even though there is not technically EA.

Thanks!

Going to Universal Sunday for the first time since moving here 2 months ago. I have any AP but my wife will just have a single day ticket so we want to make it count. It’s been killing me not to ride it but I had to wait on her or she would have killed me haha.

I just want to make sure Hagrids is in the same locker procedure category as Mummy, and not Hulk or RRR where everyone MUST use lockers. Is that the case?

And just from reading the last several pages it sounds like it DOES open with the park most of the time now. Is that correct? It also seems like they’ve gotten control of the breakdowns. Usually when I check wait times it only says 90 minutes and per the people on here it sounds like it’s actually considerably less than that as long as it doesn’t break down. So hopefully we’ll get to ride multiple times without too much of a time suck.

Also, why does the universal site list the IOA opening as 9am with “early entrance” at 9am also? Then other days it says no early admittance. I just want to make sure they aren’t letting resort guests in first even though there is not technically EA.

Thanks!

Hagrid's is like MIB, not Mummy, or Hulk/RRR. Not all belongings need to be in lockers, but if you have a bag, you'll have to put in a locker. Three prong bags, as seen above are approved.

Yes, the target is open when the park opens unless something goes wrong and typically the wait time is lower than what is projected. However, as you seen sometimes things get a little hairy and not go according to plan, but I would imagine you'd have no issues with at least getting to ride it.

Also, on the offical USF website right now it says unavailable for IoA. So, I do not know where you're looking, perhaps the app, but traditionally EE is always at Universal, not IoA. It hasn't switched to IoA in ages.

Hagrid's is like MIB, not Mummy, or Hulk/RRR. Not all belongings need to be in lockers, but if you have a bag, you'll have to put in a locker. Three prong bags, as seen above are approved.

Yes, the target is open when the park opens unless something goes wrong and typically the wait time is lower than what is projected. However, as you seen sometimes things get a little hairy and not go according to plan, but I would imagine you'd have no issues with at least getting to ride it.

Also, on the offical USF website right now it says unavailable for IoA. So, I do not know where you're looking, perhaps the app, but traditionally EE is always at Universal, not IoA. It hasn't switched to IoA in ages.

Could you please tell me what the deal re: lockers and belongings for Mummy is?!?! Thanks xx

Could you please tell me what the deal re: lockers and belongings for Mummy is?!?! Thanks xx

The Mummy's lockers are merely there (for the most part) as a suggestion of where to put your belongings.

I think they try to encourage people to use lockers for bags, but they have a pouch in front of your locker for items and you can put your bags in between your legs. However, going along with the subject of encouraging people to use them for bags, after a certain size they'd probably tell you it's a requirement to place your bag in your locker. As there is space between your legs for a bag, but if you have a huge backpack, or other bulky / awkward items, it might make things difficult, or impossible to store safety especially with the safety restraints.

With the addition of WWoHP I do not know if there is any rules in regards of wands, so if anyone can comment on that please do. I believe it shouldn't be an issue, as there are plenty of rides that have pouches and no lockers, so you can bring a wand on, but it might be different since it is a ride with lockers.

Just got off Hagrid's. Not gonna lie, that was amazing. I loved it. We followed most of the advice here and got to the gate at 8 and were about 15th on line, pretty quickly the line grew to hundreds, so if you're thinking of doing rope drop, get there at 8 for a 900 opening. The ride was delayed until about 940 and then when it finally opened we were on and off in about 20 minutes. Pictures are the line at about 8:30.

Attachments

• 20190920_082719.jpg
    20190920_082719.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 20190920_082729.jpg
    20190920_082729.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 46
Just got back last night. Here was my experience- we arrived Sunday 9/15 at 6 in the evening and it was already closed for the day. On Monday the posted wait was 240 but we got in line anyway and waited about 2 hours from 11 am to 1 pm. Then it was posted at 120 at around 2 in the afternoon and rode again and only waited one hour.

Tuesday we had other stuff going on and didn't attempt it. Wednesday we got in line at 11:28 am with a 180 minute posted wait and was on the ride at 12:08. Rode it again an hour later with a half hour wait, same posted wait.

Thursday posted wait was 120 minutes but we only waited 35 around noon. But then when we tried to ride later it was closed for the day saying "at capacity" at 3 in the afternoon.

Each day this week it seemed to close really early in the day, there was no opportunity to ride at night for us.

They were randomly pulling people out of line and making them try the test seats, even "skinny" people and little kids. They said they were trying to cut down on the slow downs with the people not fitting by seeing how many green lights they get on the test seat. I'm not sure I understood what they were doing, they tested us once even though I told them I had already ridden the ride and the rest of the time they asked if I had ridden it before but didn't make me test again (I'm bigger). No rhyme or reason that I could see.

Anyway I thought the side car was more comfortable, though I fit in both, but the motorbike seemed to squeeze my thighs more and I felt like I had to push harder on the bar to lock it.

The que is rather boring and the parts in the tunnels can be very, very loud if you get a loud group near you. We were stuck next to some teenage girls in one of the lines and I had a headache by the time we got out of the tunnels cause of the echo in there. Any kids with sensory issues should most definitely bring noise blocking headphones.

From what I could tell from my timing of the que, if you are outside and all the switchbacks are open it is anywhere from an hour and a half to one hour before getting into the building. Once you are in the building it is about a 30 to 40 minute wait depending on how long it takes to walk into the next pre-show. Once you are through the pre-show it is about 25 minutes. This is, of course, assuming no delays and I'm sure those times can change depending on how may cars they are running, this was just my experience on this past week.

Hope this helps!

Want to add we wore three pronged running belts with our cell phones in them with no problem and had lanyards on that we were told to tuck into our shirts. There was NO cell service inside the buildings at all, be forewarned. I have verizon and my sister has sprint and neither of us had any bars at all once we stepped inside the building.

So is there any rhyme or reason to the early closings? It seems like if the wait times are as inflated as they are (actual waits of only around 30 minutes) it makes no sense to close that early. With USO closing early for HHN, I really would have liked to get 1 ride in on Hagrids in the morning and then save the evening time for 2-3 re-rides but it sounds like that is unlikely.

So is there any rhyme or reason to the early closings? It seems like if the wait times are as inflated as they are (actual waits of only around 30 minutes) it makes no sense to close that early. With USO closing early for HHN, I really would have liked to get 1 ride in on Hagrids in the morning and then save the evening time for 2-3 re-rides but it sounds like that is unlikely.
Maintenance was testing and tweaking the ride this week. They closed the line at like 3:30 every day so maintenance could have from 5ish-close to work on stuff.

Initial reason for closings was not due to the long waits, but in order to give them more time to work on the ride during the evening and be able to open (relatively) on time when the park opens due to the complications and to provide maintenance to the ride. If the ride is still closing early then clearly they still feel they need it. Although there are less complications, they might still feel the need for maintenance for the ride to upkeep how things have been running.

There were signs out in the front of the park saying that Hagrid's would be closing early that day every day we were there. So they are warning people. They don't specify what "early" means but it seemed to be always around 3 or 330, at least this past week. I don't personally know the reason for the early closings but if you see the sign out front then don't wait to ride for sure!

Reactions: DLo
I came on here to check if it was running more consistently now (as in all open park hours), but I guess not if they've been closing early every day. :(

I came on here to check if it was running more consistently now (as in all open park hours), but I guess not if they've been closing early every day. :(
Apparently they were scheduled early closes for this week to get work done in daylight! It was open yesterday from opening to closing so hopefully this will keep going!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!