Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

Thinking the same for our November trip! I have been nervous about waits, but EP would be :thumbsup2
Officially response from team members was that I was wrong, the people in express line probably got into express without team members seeing and then were asked to switch over afterwards. I asked them when they were queuing and they said they were express, but might have gotten moved.

Hopefully, even if it was not implemented correctly, it signals that Express will be utilized sooner than later. Fingers crossed!

I wouldn't get your hopes up for express. These people could have been using a special express pass given to them upon evacuation of the ride at an earlier time.

That was my initial thought too, but I'm still not happy about it LOL

even without the express pass confusion, it sounds like the wait times are great this week! projected wait is wildly over-compensating for delays when in fact riders are getting off the ride in 30-50 minutes

even without the express pass confusion, it sounds like the wait times are great this week! projected wait is wildly over-compensating for delays when in fact riders are getting off the ride in 30-50 minutes

Fab news, just over 5 weeks til I'm back there, wahoo!

Well I'll be a Debbie Downer in that I hope they don't implement EP for a while. I will not have EP for my trips in Oct, Nov, and Feb! Maybe in May, I haven't booked that yet. They added EP to the Harry Potter rides a few years ago just before one of my trips; I know it is inevitable!

We're going tomorrow!! I'm so excited!! Do you still think single rider isn't worth it?? We're getting to the park around 10am.

We were there yesterday (8/29/19), arrived at the park at 7:30 and were the first in line at our entry point on the left side. I asked the team member manning our scanner if she would pre-scan us and she happily obliged. This saved a little time. When they opened the gates at 8:45 a lot of people started running and got ahead of us but we just power walked it. I actually never felt jostled or pushed as there seemed to be plenty of space. I was expecting the second rope at the entry of the Seuss area but there was none so it was a straight shot through. Literally we did not stop walking until we were almost at the motorbikes as we also skipped the pre-show. Off the ride at 9:07. Later in the day I noticed that the wait time went down from 120 to 100 minutes for the first time in the day so we ran over there and got in line at 5:30 and were at the motorbikes at 6:20 so we only waited half the time posted. I was really glad we got the second shot even with the longer wait because we were able to take in the surroundings more and see the pre-show this time around.

To sum it up, this ride totally over delivered on my expectations. As a big HP fan it felt incredible to be flying through the trees with that familiar beautiful music in the background.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for express. These people could have been using a special express pass given to them upon evacuation of the ride at an earlier time.
Yeah, we did the “express pass” line, but it’s a special ticket separate from the regular EP that they hand out if the ride gets shut down or there’s some other issue when you’ve already waited in line on an earlier date. When we got pulled off the ride and then waited in the loading area for a while to see if it would get back up and running we chatted with the team members a bunch. No one had any solid info, but general consensus was EP wouldn’t be added to this ride any time soon. They’ve got to get it running more smoothly first, cause right now the special passes they are having to give out due to issues are making the EP line about a 30-45 min wait all day. Add regular EP to that and that line becomes as long as the regular line.

We're going tomorrow!! I'm so excited!! Do you still think single rider isn't worth it?? We're getting to the park around 10am.

I think the last I heard of SR is that there was a couple of reports of it being lower now, but the most recent post reported it was due to them opening it briefly, but then close it and repeat. So, the few that have gotten in do it experience lower wait times, but only because they open it briefly before closing it. That report was from earlier this week on the previous page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!