Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

Thanks for the info on having to have a phone on us for the virtual cue. It's a bummer but at least we got a heads up! I'm sure hoping EE is at IOA when we're there in September & we can get on it that way.

I'm over there now, the team members are in the line, they are going in behind hippogriff. Ran into Tim Tracker again too. No soft opening tonight.

Those I talked to who rode it say best ride in the park, 10/10. A little less intense than Everest, but much more fun.

Last edited:

I'm over there now, the team members are in the line, they are going in behind hippogriff. Ran into Tim Tracker again too. No soft opening tonight.

Those I talked to who rode it say best ride in the park, 10/10. A little less intense than Everest, but much more fun.
Anything on if larger patrons will have a hard time riding?

I have heard the motorbike is a bit more comfortable for guests with larger body dimensions (I rode in the sidecar).

The ride is a ton of fun, fantastic addition to the park.

My son said the seats are really restrictive ( not sure which side he rode) he also said It is probably the best ride universal has. He also said he will have to find out more info supposedly the test seat is smaller than the actual seat

This is the reason why I never try the test seats and just go onto the ride itself and go for it, especially since almost all TMs assist with pulling down the bar anyway to ensure you fit and and you do not get that when you're testing the seat.

With the measurements reported I might have to lose a few. While supposedly that waist measurement is reported on all the other rides I've always been able to ride, for some reason I do not trust Hagrid's coaster as being like that, as it seems with each ride that comes out (aside from Kong / F&F) it seems the restraints are getting more restrictive.

I would think they'd learn their lesson and make it easier each time, but it seems as if they're slowly trying to not include more and more people instead. They can use the safety argument all they want, but you can make a safe ride without restricting the size of the restraint so much, considering Disney can make perfectly safe rides without doing so. I believe some "Pooh" sized people may have issues over there, but not nearly as reported as Universal does.

If anything, I would imagine it would be the opposite, as Disney's target audience is smaller than Universal's.

Random twitter reviews: Generally most comments about how fun the ride is.

@mechanic_coyote
Anyway I rode the new Hagrid coaster twice yesterday. First time, I got on it in 10 minutes bc it had juuuust opened up for us, and the second time I waited 3 and a half hours. And it was SO SO SO worth it. Everyone's saying it's a "Slinky Dog coaster, but for adults," and I guess that's a good way to describe it?? But also not??? It's really like nothing else, it's pure fun. Like I can't accurately describe it in any way other than real, genuine fun.
I did both (sidecar and bike)! Bike was a personal favorite I think, for multiple reasons: it has an interactive element at one point on the ride, I like being higher-up, and it had more legroom. My legs are longer than average compared to the rest of my body, and sitting in the sidecar was --
cool, but I was initially distracted and how cramped I felt. I can't imagine anyone taller than me in there. But the sidecar was amazing still!!! Being lower to the ground made me feel like I was going SO much faster lmfao
--

I will sing praises to @UniversalORL Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure until something better comes along. Truly the best thing I've ever ridden. If #hogsmeade changed the game for themed lands, this coaster will revolutionize ALL future themed coasters #TMperks --
@xfafi2 not to be dramatic or anything but hagrid’s magical creatures motorbike adventure is the funnest roller coaster experience I’ve ever had
@Journey_On1, I got to ride Hagrid’s coaster today!! Such a fun, thrilling ride. I loved it. Coaster fans will really enjoy it. Thank you so much, UO, for the preview!! --
@ThatJakeKid91, If you took show elements from Mummy and amplify them and took coaster elements from Everest and amplify it you’d ALMOST have Hagrid’s. --
@jonathanharvill, Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure is such a strong addition to one of the best themed lands out there. Thrilling, surprising, and lengthy. Exquisite theming. So. Much. Fun. @UniversalORL – at The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade -- https://twitter.com/jonathanharvill/status/1138066229812498432

Looking forward to reports as to how the VR seating plays out. For some reason utilizing U’s app is problematic for me

Does anyone know how rough it is? I can do Everest, but not Thunder Mountain, or Seven Dwarfs, for reference (neck issues). Also no 0-60 launches (Hulk, Rock'n'Roller Coaster).

Looking forward to reports as to how the VR seating plays out. For some reason utilizing U’s app is problematic for me

I'm definitely curious about that as well.

General question who's done VR generally for other attractions, is the wait typically long when you go for your particular time? I heard it was a hot mess with VB when it first came out and I was around for Jimmy's ride when it first came out, but I did not use VR and walked on. So, for those who have had experience of it within the actual parks how is the wait time usually? Is it quick, or is it still awhile even going to your specific time?

Will be curious to see how early in the morning you'll have to line up to get in the park -- to get a spot using the virtual queue :duck: .... I'm half serious and half joking.

I too did the whole 5:00am special a couple of mornings to check out Gringotts a month or so after it first opened .... that was both fun, and not so much fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!