Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

We are leaving on Thursday for a weekend visit to US. At this point, we are planning on pretending this ride doesn't exist and planning our day without it. It's always fun to try new things, but it seems too risky at this point.

I'm having a hard time deciding. We only visit once per year, and to spend so much time in one queue is a hard decision to make.

I'm having a hard time deciding. We only visit once per year, and to spend so much time in one queue is a hard decision to make.

It’s not too bad if you don’t mind using some early morning time. See my posts above. Last Friday and Saturday I arrived at IoA gates about 7:30am and was off the ride well before 10am. It’s a lot of waiting but now that they start up at 9am it doesn’t waste a lot of your park hours.

I think it’s worth it!

So they are letting people in at 815 and holding them at Seuss until 845. What if you are interested in riding Kong or Forbidden Journey first? Are you still held in that mess and made to walk the long way around?

If I'm not going to Hagrid's first, what time should arrive? My trip is last week of July

We are leaving on Thursday for a weekend visit to US. At this point, we are planning on pretending this ride doesn't exist and planning our day without it. It's always fun to try new things, but it seems too risky at this point.

I think this may be the same strategy we take. It sounds like the kids still want to still go to IA. If we happen to run into a chance getting on fine, but not going to waste a big chunk of the day trying to get on the ride.

So they are letting people in at 815 and holding them at Seuss until 845. What if you are interested in riding Kong or Forbidden Journey first? Are you still held in that mess and made to walk the long way around?

If I'm not going to Hagrid's first, what time should arrive? My trip is last week of July

If you aren’t planning to line up for Hagrid you can just show up at 9 or slightly before. You should be ok to be behind the the Hagrid crowd. They are segregated further into the park and you can bypass the madness and go to hogsmeade, forbidden journey or whatever you want.

Or if you are staying onsite go to universal for early entry at 8am

Does anyone have any idea on when Universal will open express for Hagrid’s?

Does anyone have any idea on when Universal will open express for Hagrid’s?

Nope. And I wouldn't expect it for quite some time.

They have yet to get this ride running at full capacity for an entire day from park open open to park close (although they keep making good progress as time go's on).

We'll be lucky if they open up Express Pass by the end of the year IMO but I hope I'm wrong.

So if the Leaky Cauldron is open for EE, I'll definitely be having my birthday breakfast there in October, and really hoping that the warm Butterbeer is back on the menu by then, fingers crossed!

I know for sure they have a special extended queue for Hagrid's that goes through the old Sinbad show courtyard area (and I'm fairly sure they have barricades in the Lost Continent and probably even Seuss for this Hagrid's extended queue, when necessary). You can definitely get to Forbidden Journey and the rest of the Wizarding World, JP, etc. without having to wait with the Hagrid's crowd.

The bridge that cuts over to Jurassic Park is open (across from the Treasures of Poseidon gift shop), and you can take that shortcut to get to JP and Kong without having to walk through the Wizarding World.

I will be there with DH, DD, and DS 8/3-5, and was hoping to ride. We are APs and will be staying onside, RPH.
Following this discussion avidly. App is currently stating 180 minute wait.

I will be there with DH, DD, and DS 8/3-5, and was hoping to ride. We are APs and will be staying onside, RPH.
Following this discussion avidly. App is currently stating 180 minute wait.

We are currently standing in line. Ride delayed due to weather. Stopped raining. But they say lightning delay. Been in line for about 2 hours in the room with the dragon eggs.

I cant remember if anyones mentioned this before, but will I be alright on this with my glasses on, kinda feel I probably will be but without them I'd miss all the small details of the ride.

I cant remember if anyones mentioned this before, but will I be alright on this with my glasses on, kinda feel I probably will be but without them I'd miss all the small details of the ride.
My husband wears glasses on all the roller coasters, he's never had a problem. I haven't ridden this yet, but I don't see why it would be any different.

Do you go through a metal detector like hulk or can you keep phone in your pocket like MIB?

In line again this morning. It’s at 240 min. 😟 and now we are delayed. Does. Single rider move quick?

In line again this morning. It’s at 240 min. 😟 and now we are delayed. Does. Single rider move quick?

Typically I do not suggest SR if there is more than 10-15 people. Even then, you'll probably be waiting a little bit, but not that long. Some SR lines can move, but often they do not move quickly since it is meant to fill in an empty slot. I wouldn't suggest SR at Hagrid's unless it's literally walk on (which I doubt it is) as I've heard it is horrid in terms of feeling hot, since it sounds like it's not air conditioned, or at least not ventilated well, and you'd be enclosed in a stairwell with a lot of people as well.

I was wondering the same thing. Not much on the boards. Post #464 on this thread gives some insight, but elsewhere someone had the experience of SRL being shut down. Someone else said that there is no fan in the area where you need to stand on the stairs for a while. Anyone out there who has been on SRL this week have some insight? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!