Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

More than likely 12 is the aim. If they get it together sooner, perhaps 11, or 11:30am, as it's been reported previously sometimes. They state mid-day to essentially cover their tracks, as 11-2pm, all essentially cover that general description. They're already opening midday which I'm sure upsets a few people enough as it is, they do not want to promise a particular time, and make it worse if they do not reach that goal.

That literally gave me chills. Also, is there a reason all of the guys are the ones riding the bike?

Because the ladies are nice enough to let the guys ride the bike. :laughing:

All joking aside. Which one you ride in is personal preference. Also, I'm sure there are plenty of pairings that both want the same thing, but if they want to ride with the other, one of them is going to have to choose to ride one over the other so one of them gets what they really want.

Because the ladies are nice enough to let the guys ride the bike. :laughing:

All joking aside. Which one you ride in is personal preference. Also, I'm sure there are plenty of pairings that both want the same thing, but if they want to ride with the other, one of them is going to have to choose to ride one over the other so one of them gets what they really want.
Well I know who in my family would get the bike :wave: lol

Fortunately, my husband is a nicer person than me, so I'll get to ride the bike. :D At least the first time through. He can ride it the next time.

Please forgive me if I've overlooked it, but I have a question about the queue. Do they allow folks to begin lining up at park opening? Or, since it is usually closed until around noon, do they allow people to line up at that time? Does the line always begin at the park entrance, or does it form near the ride and eventually grow to the front? I am not trying to complicate the issue, I would like to figure out a strategy before my visit in a few weeks. Should we be poised to enter the line near the front of the park around noon, or should we hang out closer to the ride entrance?

Please forgive me if I've overlooked it, but I have a question about the queue. Do they allow folks to begin lining up at park opening? Or, since it is usually closed until around noon, do they allow people to line up at that time? Does the line always begin at the park entrance, or does it form near the ride and eventually grow to the front? I am not trying to complicate the issue, I would like to figure out a strategy before my visit in a few weeks. Should we be poised to enter the line near the front of the park around noon, or should we hang out closer to the ride entrance?

I'm thinking you're allowed to do whatever you want. Even when it comes to soft openings typically they allow guests to do whatever they want and wait as much as they want right outside the queue even though there is no guaranteed, or even a known fact that the ride won't open. I would imagine the same would be applied to a ride that is officially open.

However, whether you can actually wait in the queue itself, or not, you'll probably have to ask a TM outside the entrance of the ride, however if you want to wait right outside the ride first thing in the morning, or wait around the entrance during mid-day that's your decision. I'm sure someone who has been there can officially tell whether they'll allow people to actually line up, or not.

The mid-day announcement is done probably not only make people aware it's not going to open until mid-day, which could be anytime in the very late morning, or early afternoon, but more likely probably to discourage people from waiting around outside the queue as well.

I'm thinking you're allowed to do whatever you want. Even when it comes to soft openings typically they allow guests to do whatever they want and wait as much as they want right outside the queue even though there is no guaranteed, or even a known fact that the ride won't open. I would imagine the same would be applied to a ride that is officially open.

However, whether you can actually wait in the queue itself, or not, you'll probably have to ask a TM outside the entrance of the ride, however if you want to wait right outside the ride first thing in the morning, or wait around the entrance during mid-day that's your decision. I'm sure someone who has been there can officially tell whether they'll allow people to actually line up, or not.

The mid-day announcement is done probably not only make people aware it's not going to open until mid-day, which could be anytime in the very late morning, or early afternoon, but more likely probably to discourage people from waiting around outside the queue as well.
Thank you!

We were there on Monday, June 24. Prior to the ride opening at “midday”, everyone queues up in the area in front of the Sinbad arena. It is VERY SUNNY!!!!! There is VERY LITTLE shade. We bought an umbrella just to have some relief. Universal places cooling fans and cool water out for people, but it is HOT. Come prepared with sunscreen, sunhat, cooling towel, etc. You are allowed to go in and out of the area to pick up food/beverage and used the restroom, but you need to have someone holding your spot. At a realfeel temperature 106, it was tough.

People are allowed to line up in this area at park opening. When the ride opens, then you are moved into the ride queue.

On Monday, we got into the Sinbad line at 10:30. At 12:15, they made the announcement that the ride would not open until “late afternoon.” We were welcome to wait. We left. The ride opened that day around 4:30. We went back to get in line but it went down again. This happened several times throughout the evening.

Every time the ride goes down, they closed the queue. They allow you to line up outside the queuing area.

On Tuesday, June 25, we saw a 120 minute wait posted. We hopped in the queue. It was right at 85 minutes.

A previous poster mentioned that once you enter the queue, if you make it to Hagrid's hit, it’s 1 hour 35 minutes. That must be accurate. We made it just past the hut for 1 hour 25 minutes.

AND...it is pretty amazing. Our daughters hopped in the line at 120 minute wait the next day and it was exactly that.

Our daughters insisted on riding the bike. At 4’10” and 4’11”, they felt very insecure up there. They could reach the handle bars, but it wasn’t comfortable and they felt unstable.

Good luck everyone! I hope you get a chance to experience this phenomenal attraction.

I got in right before the line hit capacity on Wednesday, at 7:50pm with park closing at 10pm. The last group that was let in line was maybe 10 people behind me. The wait time showed 180 minutes but the sun was setting so the heat was so much more manageable! The sun was down behind the trees and buildings so it wasn't beating down on us. I wasn't even sweating. They were also still selling snacks and drinks in the line. There was a delay once when we were inside, however it was back up in about 5 minutes. I was off the ride by 10:15.
The ride was amazing and definitely worth it!

Has anyone heard more about the virtual queue? Maybe they are waiting until more of the kinks are worked out?

The VQ was intended to be used for when the queue leads outside of the attraction and let guests to eventually come back to the attraction to wait inside the queue (not go directly onto the ride).

I do not believe that counts the time when guests waiting outside the queue for it to open, or when there is a delay, or closed and guests are made to wait outside the queue. That being said, the people who have been there can tell whether the queue still leads outside of the actual queue itself due to the wait. So, if people report that the queue never, or rarely leads outside of the queue anymore that's the reason why they're not doing VQ. If it does often leads to outside the queue (not counting the reasons I listed above) there is an unknown reason why they're not using VQ.

The VQ was intended to be used for when the queue leads outside of the attraction and let guests to eventually come back to the attraction to wait inside the queue (not go directly onto the ride).

I do not believe that counts the time when guests waiting outside the queue for it to open, or when there is a delay, or closed and guests are made to wait outside the queue. That being said, the people who have been there can tell whether the queue still leads outside of the actual queue itself due to the wait. So, if people report that the queue never, or rarely leads outside of the queue anymore that's the reason why they're not doing VQ. If it does often leads to outside the queue (not counting the reasons I listed above) there is an unknown reason why they're not using VQ.

Ya. Universal was only *thinking* about using it temporarily to manage spill over from the actual queue out into Hogsmeade.

If it doesn't do that consistently they aren't going to use it. So I think it's a dead idea at this point.

Ya. Universal was only *thinking* about using it temporarily to manage spill over from the actual queue out into Hogsmeade.

If it doesn't do that consistently they aren't going to use it. So I think it's a dead idea at this point.

Exactly. Even if it does spill over, I would imagine for them to want to do VQ, the line would have to be consistently and constantly outside the queue (besides the waiting to get in, or waiting to get in after it's delayed, or closed). While I've never been there to see what it looks like for myself. Considering the most recent reports of wait times from this thread in the past week, or so, they've been sounding as if they should be within the queue area.

I did it tonight in 90 minutes. Got in line at 6:45. I made it right about to the hut. One reason the queue appears to not move is they stop it and shut a door to see Hagrid show off the motorcycle.
I'm liking the strategy of right after dinner.

There was no virtual queue offered while we were there this week. When the ride was down, they closed the queue. The queue seemed to have more shade than the holding area by Sinbad.

Does anyone want to predict how long (days/weeks/months???) it will take for this ride to operate during regular park hours?

Can anyone tell us if people wearing their wizarding robes is an issue? I would imagine they want you to put all that in a locker, but confirmation is always nice. Not sure if many people are even wearing them right now if it's that hot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter