Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

the only coaster I do is 7DMT, I have done the mummy and everest and don't like either. what are my chances of liking this one? It looks awesome except for the going backwards part, which i didn't like on everest but I was also not prepared to go backwards.
it feels faster than it really is, I have done it twice, and both times sat in the sidecar and felt very safe. The backwards part is short and not as intense as Everest/ The "drop" is seriously super short. I would try it, it's so much fun

At UO yesterday and today. Yesterday they started letting people into the queue just after 11 am initial wait time was 4 hours. The ride closed around 3 pm and did not reopen until around 8:20 pm. Wait was 2 hrs and shortly after went to capacity. We did not ride and will probably not ride today as we will not hang around for hours hoping to get a chance to ride. No rain at all yesterday to cause a delay. Leaves me to speculate that maybe something is overheating with use or outside temperature?

Before the ride opened they were doing a lot of work and maintenance and stopped running the coasters for awhile. However, there is a lot of speculation on what it was, since that information we do not know. Due to the work needing to be done, a lot of people have speculated that was more than likely the reason for no soft opening.

That being said, if it was closed for that long and there was no weather issues, more than likely they were needing to be working some serious work. What that might be, or why that is the case we do not know. It could be related to what they were working on before, or perhaps something new. However, it will be interesting to see if this is going to be an ongoing issue, or not.

If it lasts too long, this will start to turn out like Jaws when it originally opened. There issues were so frequent and lasted for a certain amount of time that they ended up suing the company who created the ride, as well as closed it for a long refurbishment before reopening it again.

Thanks for all the updates from those that are there, really helps us out! I’m headed down Monday for three days. Do you think I should try and be around the ride entrance at 11 am? Is that about when they will start letting people in line for the mid day open?

Thanks for all the updates from those that are there, really helps us out! I’m headed down Monday for three days. Do you think I should try and be around the ride entrance at 11 am? Is that about when they will start letting people in line for the mid day open?

They are corralling people beginning at park opening so when they open the queue, yesterday at 11am today closer to 1:00 pm they are the first in line. So far today the wait time has been posted at 3 hrs. At this point I think it’s a crap shoot on whether you get on at all unless you are willing to hang out there all day and hope for no delays. Good luck! I hope you get to ride 🤞🏼

They are corralling people beginning at park opening so when they open the queue, yesterday at 11am today closer to 1:00 pm they are the first in line. So far today the wait time has been posted at 3 hrs. At this point I think it’s a crap shoot on whether you get on at all unless you are willing to hang out there all day and hope for no delays. Good luck! I hope you get to ride 🤞🏼
Non weather related closure again today as of now. Didn’t see if it was open before that.

I would be glad to, but unfortunately I cannot send you a private message until you've made a certain number of posts, I think?
thanks, I appreciate it ! I'm hoping they will be the same when I go back at Thanksgiving, so I'll wait until then.

I would say decide how long you are willing to wait in line and keep an eye on the time on the app, and if it's around 3 hours head over to the Hogsmeade. If the line of people waiting is not outside the entrance check with a TM that the ride is actually working and quickly find a locker and head inside. If you make it to around the back of Hagrid's hut before you join the line of people waiting, you have a good chance of being on the ride in about 2.5 hours (barring stops to the ride and the weather). You can always take a look and see if the line is moving (you should make some headway in 10-15 minutes) and if it's not, or you hear the dreaded announcements that it's temporarily not working you can bail and you haven't wasted too much time (plus you get to see the ride track and theming up close !).

Is there a height or age requirement for the single rider line? We at willing to ride single rider in order to have a shorter wait, but wondering if they will allow the kids to ride single rider if mom is on an earlier coaster and dad is on a later coaster. We all get to wait in line together right?

Had the awesome opportunity to ride this two times earlier this week. Got in line both days after the initial opening rush. About 1 PM or so. The wait time said 180 minutes but both days we got in line right near Hagrid’s hut and the actual wait both days was almost exactly the same… One hour and 35 minutes.
My advice… Being at the park six days last week and watching it very closely, is to get in line in the afternoon if the weather is showing clear for at least three hours and the wait time says 180 min or less.

Great ride BTW

Had the awesome opportunity to ride this two times earlier this week. Got in line both days after the initial opening rush. About 1 PM or so. The wait time said 180 minutes but both days we got in line right near Hagrid’s hut and the actual wait both days was almost exactly the same… One hour and 35 minutes.
My advice… Being at the park six days last week and watching it very closely, is to get in line in the afternoon if the weather is showing clear for at least three hours and the wait time says 180 min or less.

Great ride BTW

Going to take this advice next week, thanks!

We were there last week, one of the more original and best rides I've been on. Even my wife, who is afraid of bigger coasters tried it and loved it.
Waited about 30 minutes.

Is there a height or age requirement for the single rider line? We at willing to ride single rider in order to have a shorter wait, but wondering if they will allow the kids to ride single rider if mom is on an earlier coaster and dad is on a later coaster. We all get to wait in line together right?

If its like every other Universal ride you will get to wait together and if you get lucky might even be together on the ride but at worst be on different coasters than the kids. The ride has a 48 inch height requirement. If you have a child that isn't that tall they won't let that kid ride and one parent would have to wait in the child swap room and can ride after the other parent is done riding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter