Hagrids and a scooter

KProuty

Mouseketeer
I looked in the disABILITIES forum and didn't find anything. My husband uses a scooter. Does anyone know what the process is for this ride? Does he have to get off it and do I have to push him in a Universal provided wheelchair? He hates that procedure.

From their website: https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/plan-your-visit/accessibility-information

With the exception of Hogwarts™ Express, none of the ride vehicles or attraction queues at Universal Orlando™ can accommodate Electric Convenience Vehicles (ECVs) or motorized wheelchairs. At the rides that can accommodate manual wheelchairs, you may transfer from your ECV or motorized wheelchair into a manual wheelchair provided at each location. If you can’t transfer to a manual wheelchair, please see an Attractions Attendant.

Yes, and each attraction seems to have wheelchairs just for their queue (though I haven’t used them). The paths meet the minimum legal requirements plus scooters would be extremely difficult to move from load to unload zones quickly like is the issue at PotC at WDW.

Hagrid’s and many attractions are quite hilly in spots and the textured pavement bumpy. It is frustrating at times but still better than staying home IMO.

I have mobility issues too and go to both parks so feel free to ask me anything and I will try to help. I just got back a couple days ago so I’m more familiar with how things are operating now too.

Yes, and each attraction seems to have wheelchairs just for their queue (though I haven’t used them). The paths meet the minimum legal requirements plus scooters would be extremely difficult to move from load to unload zones quickly like is the issue at PotC at WDW.

Hagrid’s and many attractions are quite hilly in spots and the textured pavement bumpy. It is frustrating at times but still better than staying home IMO.

I have mobility issues too and go to both parks so feel free to ask me anything and I will try to help. I just got back a couple days ago so I’m more familiar with how things are operating now too.

Thanks for the info.
My husband may have to use an ECV on our next visit to Universal. We have never used one there before.
So, is it easy to get one each morning at either side? We are early risers and would be there at gate opening.
Is the EVC/WC switching easy to do, or inconvenient?
Is there any problem navigating the stores or other areas?
Any info will help.
Thank you so much for offering your help, even though i'm not the OP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter