Hagrid’s and virtual queues

I wouldn't try to rope drop Hagrids if IOA has EE and you aren't eligible. I had a party of 11 and the Dad's got a virtual pass for 4, 4, and 3. The Mom's each got a pass for the same numbers for a time slot right after the Dad's. So my party of 11 was able to ride hagrid's back to back on a day that reached capacity. My point being that if you start refreshing the app about 5 minutes before Park open you should have no trouble finding something.
I just want to do Hagrid’s as many times as possible LOL

We were there this Mon-Wed and got in the virtual queue for Hagrid's on Monday and Tuesday. Arrived right around regular entry, got a return time around 10:00 each day. On Wednesday we slept in and didn't arrive until after lunch, and we couldn't get a spot in the queue.

Our party of 3 were able to ride Hagrid over 10 times on Thanksgiving day, when the parks were at capacity. A few minutes before 8 (when the park opened), we all three used the app to reserve separate ride times. You have the option to select the number of riders, so we all chose our time and reserved each time for 3 riders. We refreshed the app throughout the day and grabbed times as they opened up. We learned that they would drop in a whole new set of times around 11 and 2, and it seemed like we were able to view later evening times around 5 or 6. This method worked great for us all 5 days that we spent at the parks. Once your time arrives and you check in to get in the actual line, it seems like a long line, but it moves almost constantly. It really is an awesome ride - we rode it many, many times and never got tired of the experience.

Since we had EPs for the first half of Thanksgiving week, I would wake up at 8 am and grab a virtual ticket for around 10 am. That allowed for us to sleep in and still ride every day. Occasionally, we grabbed a second set later in the day. It was really neat to ride at night, but you had to wait until the 4 pm drop for those tickets to open up.

Are the virtual queues linked to your Universal account? Could you reserve one and then log out and then log in to another account (on your same app) and get another one?

Asking for my brother who is going to be in UO for three days starting tomorrow. Do you need to log into the app and link tickets to make a virtual line reservation? If not I assume you can just have 2 people from your group make separate reservations for different times and ride twice, right?

Also, assuming you can make reservations from any Universal hotel, does the virtual line for Hagrid's open at park opening time? Tomorrow IOA opens at 10 with early entry at 9. Does that mean the virtual line opens at 9 and you can make a reservation from your hotel room?

Asking for my brother who is going to be in UO for three days starting tomorrow. Do you need to log into the app and link tickets to make a virtual line reservation? If not I assume you can just have 2 people from your group make separate reservations for different times and ride twice, right?

Also, assuming you can make reservations from any Universal hotel, does the virtual line for Hagrid's open at park opening time? Tomorrow IOA opens at 10 with early entry at 9. Does that mean the virtual line opens at 9 and you can make a reservation from your hotel room?

In my party last week, we all logged into the app using my credentials and we were able to be logged in at the same time and make virtual line reservations for separate times. So yes, we were able to make separate reservations for different times and ride multiple times.

Also, we were able to make our reservations from Royal Pacific each morning. While we were there, the virtual line seemed to open as the park would open to the general public, but it was very busy last week. I believe they open it to virtual line once the standby line reaches a certain capacity, so if it's not as busy while you're there, it may open up later. All I can say is that refreshing the app regularly is your friend. :)

Do times for all day pop up at park open, or should I check more around 11 or 2? We're just doing the Orlando Informer Meetup Dec 11/12, so our Hagrid's return times would need to be later in the day :)

Do times for all day pop up at park open, or should I check more around 11 or 2? We're just doing the Orlando Informer Meetup Dec 11/12, so our Hagrid's return times would need to be later in the day :)
No, the times are released in batches. The first drop of the day occurs at Park open and will usually cover until around noon. The second drop of the day covers the afternoon through early evening. Depending on when the park closes, the final drop of the day covers the last few hours of operation. They almost always drop at the top of the hour though I'm not sure if they are the same hours every day or if they change. I set an alarm on my phone for x:58 each hour and started refreshing like a madman. As long as I wasn't on a ride or in an area with poor reception, I basically had my pick for whatever time I wanted for a party of 11.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!