H2O Glo Nights?

ReelRedHead

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done this before? We are thinking of booking this but I can not seem to find any info about what happens if there are thunderstorms, etc. Anyone know?

My wife and I did the H2O glow night last year (and are intending to do it again this year). Not sure what happens if there are thunderstorms and a cancellation is necessary (had perfect weather for ours), but I can say we were both big fans of the event - relaxing, not significant waits for anything (adds to the relaxation aspect as well), and didn't have to worry about sunscreen or anything else - just very hassle-free experience.

We did it last July and enjoyed it. It rained on our night, but didn't storm. We had fun even in the rain, although it made for a cold/cool evening. It was ironic that in July in Central Florida we were borderline freezing between rides! :-)

Things like the outdoor dance party/DJ and character meets were modified/reduced because of the rain.

Thunderstorms would obviously close all attractions. I'd say that it's sort of like MNSSHP or MVMCP, if you encounter weather that makes it a total wash out, the park unusable for most of the event, party offerings reduced, etc, you can always discuss options with guest relations. Officially it’s at the buyer’s risk so best to be prepared as such, but sometimes Disney is good at helping make the most of unfortunate situations.

So I’m guessing this is like the Halloween and Christmas party in that it starts for 8 but you can enter at 6 and you don’t not need a separate admission ticket for the day.

How accessible is the food and beverage? We’re they open for most of the night? Long lines?

So I’m guessing this is like the Halloween and Christmas party in that it starts for 8 but you can enter at 6 and you don’t not need a separate admission ticket for the day.

How accessible is the food and beverage? We’re they open for most of the night? Long lines?

Yes, it's like a hard ticket party event, just at a water park. When we did this last July - and granted it rained a lot of the night - all the food/beverage places I passed that were open had zero people in line and the CM's looked bored to tears. :-)

I think the 6pm entry is new for 2019, I'm pretty sure it was 7pm last year (I need to go double check that though).

Not everything is open though. Here's last year's pamphlet with event info, including food/beverage info:

H20 Pamphlet 108122018.jpg

H20 Pamphlet 208122018.jpg

That pamphlet is great, thank you!!!

Im not familiar with TL as a park. What attractions are not listed/open during the event?

Do WDW resort guests rent towels for the event? or are the towels included in the hard ticket event price?
TIA!

Do WDW resort guests rent towels for the event? or are the towels included in the hard ticket event price?
TIA!

Resort guests get free towels at the water parks anyway (this changed a few years ago, you used to have to rent). I’m pretty certain we got them at the party last year too.

Resort guests get free towels at the water parks anyway (this changed a few years ago, you used to have to rent). I’m pretty certain we got them at the party last year too.

Oh good to know - thanks! We have never done a water park, so this is a new adventure for us. Thanks!

I think the 6pm entry is new for 2019, I'm pretty sure it was 7pm last year (I need to go double check that though).
We've got tix June 1, the second night!!! So excited!!!!!!! :stitch:

That said, I came here regarding the entrance time, i.e., if you could enter at 6pm but the party didn't start until 8pm, what was there to do in those two hours other than possibly getting a locker and towels. Does anyone know or have thoughts?

The park will be open for regular guests until 8pm so it's like an extra 2 hours you can get.

open til 6 will be those people who have a regular ticket
6-8 will be those who have a regular park or a glow night ticket
8pm till 11pm will only be those with a glow night ticket

The park will be open for regular guests until 8pm so it's like an extra 2 hours you can get.

open til 6 will be those people who have a regular ticket
6-8 will be those who have a regular park or a glow night ticket
8pm till 11pm will only be those with a glow night ticket
Thank you!!!! I hoped that was the case. :cool1:

Did any of/most of these sell out last year?

I loosely (key word) tracked it for last tear’s thread, and as far as what I observed none sold out. I stopped checking after awhile though as there just wasn’t much chatter about the event, none of them were selling out, etc.

We went as early as possible. It started lightning after an hour or so and couldn't go in the water until the lightning passed, which ended up being after the party started. We could go dance by the DJ and eat. Luckily it stopped. It was fun. Lines were actually longer than I expected.But maybe it was because it was the last night. It sure didn't feel busy, but I expected shorter waits. Even a half hour makes a huge deal in a limited time event. We didn't eat, but there were places open all night. I would do it again. It's pretty cool to be there at night, it is well lit, I wish it would be a little more regular thing for pass holders.

We've booked a night too for July - sounds totally awesome!! We love the water parks so the idea of being able to experience them with fewer crowds is great

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter