Gulf State Park DIS Meet 2019 (Episode 4)

@FtW Mike am sorry to hear about your mom. Hope everything works out. Definitely better to stay close. Am sorry you will miss seeing Mallory.

We will be bringing Mallory's wagon (she does not use Yeti's wagon, while we still have it and use it, it will not work for her). We won't be bringing her cart. She is not walking very well, so figure we will make it easier on everyone. I will be trying to bring her as many places as possible. I am hoping that Mallory has a fun vacation.

Last night got a phone call from my sister in Boston that has us scrambling today to cancel all our plans. My mother is in the Hospital for the second time in the last 2 months. She apparently is suffering from capillary internal bleeding and it doesn't show on the imaging scans she has undergone to date. This turn says we need to stay close to home and within hours of NY in case. I am disappointed but sometimes life happens or as my friend reminds me" If you want to hear God Laugh tell him YOUR PLANS."
Sending prayers for your mother!

My biggest hurdle is making her rest. She's getting cabin fever so I have to remind her she's got to sit or lay down.
That's a good sign! Your body has a way of making you rest, if that's what it needs.

4 more days!

j

Does anyone know or remember if you can bring dogs on the beach? I know sometimes it is only certain hours of the day. Yes google is my friend and i did not use it. Taking the lazy way out and asking the experts .

Another question, how many "potluck" type meals do we need to plan for? I realize the meet is sort of open flow and no real schedule but I just wanted to make sure we came prepared.

Getting so excited to see everyone! You all have always been such a fun group to read with here on the boards. I know my participation has been off and on but I do sincerely appreciate each and every one of you!

We have 2 Kayaks, do you all want me to bring them? I don't mind folks using them. We'll bring some games that we have around too.

Just looking forward to a week of sitting around with a great group of folks!

That could make it easier to catch alligators :scratchin

Does anyone know or remember if you can bring dogs on the beach? I know sometimes it is only certain hours of the day. Yes google is my friend and i did not use it. Taking the lazy way out and asking the experts .

Regrettably no, not in GS or OB. Fort Morgan does however. There is the dog park in GSP on 135 just before the intersection with the beach highway 182.

Last edited:
Not on the public beaches in GS or OB. I know the park has the fenced in area for dogs near the

Regrettably no, not in GS or OB. Fort Morgan does however. There is the dog park in GSP on 135 just before the intersection with the beach highway 182.

She can’t do the dog park. I was hoping I could sit on the beach and she could lay in the wagon. I would not want to put her in the sand, even with wound up. Too afraid crap will get in it.

Everyone Thanks for well wishes. Mom is home as of this afternoon. They another transfusion and she a second camera pill to try and locate source of the bleed. Between being extremely anemic having COPD, CHF and other cardiac issues her drug options are limited. My brother the pharmacist is letting us know those options as mom and dad aren't really letting us know full extent of what they are being told.

Mike we hope your Mom will be 100% well. I guess I should add Grumpy Aggie to prayers - 22 yrs ago he had lung cancer in his upper & middle lobe. Now they found a mass growing in his lower lobe. We go to the doctor this Tuesday to see what this is. Our family doctor thinks it is scare tissue, so that is what we are praying for. Still no part to be found for the truck, will be 3 was Wed. We are so sad that we will not be with all of you. I have to know what Ed’s surprise will be. Please share! All have fun!!

Gloria, prayers for Arnold. We will miss you both this time around.

FtW Mike, glad to hear your mom is out of the hospital at least.

Bishoparc, DW wouldn't let me kayak since she saw the gator in the lake last year (?) behind the site across the road from tiggerdad.

My DW's father had a slight stroke on Mother's Day and is now in rehab for a few weeks. DW's attendance at Gulf will be determined by how her dad is doing and her supporting her mom.

Oh and Gloria, my surprise is nothing major but it does represent change and opportunity. I'll leave it at that till I get down there.

I washed the Aliner Sunday and aired up the tires. It had a significant layer of dust that I got rid of. I got some carpet cleaner and cleaned up the foot rug from FW with Mickey and the gang in a van/camper going under the FW sign. Haven't cleaned it EVER since I bought it nearly 10 years ago and it does it look better, I admit.

Sunday for me can't get here soon enough.

Ed

PS - oh and Bishoparc we do about 2 pot lucks on these events. My saving grace is the Wal-Mart deli and bakery is only about 10 minutes away.

Last edited:
Gloria, prayers for Arnold. We will miss you both this time around.

FtW Mike, glad to hear your mom is out of the hospital at least.

Bishoparc, DW wouldn't let me kayak since she saw the gator in the lake last year (?) behind the site across the road from tiggerdad.

My DW's father had a slight stroke on Mother's Day and is now in rehab for a few weeks. DW's attendance at Gulf will be determined by how her dad is doing and her supporting her mom.

Oh and Gloria, my surprise is nothing major but it does represent change and opportunity. I'll leave it at that till I get down there.

I washed the Aliner Sunday and aired up the tires. It had a significant layer of dust that I got rid of. I got some carpet cleaner and cleaned up the foot rug from FW with Mickey and the gang in a van/camper going under the FW sign. Haven't cleaned it EVER since I bought it nearly 10 years ago and it does it look better, I admit.

Sunday for me can't get here soon enough.

Ed

PS - oh and Bishoparc we do about 2 pot lucks on these events. My saving grace is the Wal-Mart deli and bakery is only about 10 minutes away.

Sorry to hear about DWs father, let her know I'll add him to prayers as well. Being in neurology that gets my attention.

That gator across from my site is mine! I saw him first! You all can find your own!

Speaking of medical events, some of you knew I had a family coming to stay the first weekend with us. They joined us on the Dismeet two years ago. Well, their son broke his foot. Thus, he won't be attending. He and his mother are staying home. My friend and his daughter are still coming.

Washed the last off the LoveBugs off the Mothership yesterday. They really wanted to hang on!

As this is our first time, I am hoping we can do it right. I did get scared about the 'not drinking' comment, as we are an all adult family with 2 rigs and after a trip to Total Wine, well my rigs fridge is full...

Mike, Prayers for your Mom and your family.

See you all there Judy Cawthon

Wow one more day before I check in. Just me alone for the first 2 days. No idea what I will do. Added the extra days to save my Spring Break deposit. I overslept today so I'm already running late packing. But I will get there if it takes until midnight. Heading to Sam's Club later and then a care plan meeting for my DD.

BishopArc, I have a 10 foot kayak and bring it on most trips. The gators haven't bothered me yet but I don't venture into the grassy areas or the canals where the like to hang out. That being said I wasn't going to bring it due to lack of use and limits on space. But I could change my mind easily if it would get some use. I enjoy early morning paddles on the calm lake before it gets too hot. Okay coffee is done. Time to get very busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter