Guests visiting during xmas

PJ

Mouseketeer
I hope someone can provide the "official" answer since I've seen inconsistent comments of fb. We have reservations 12/23 - 12/26. We're local, and we have local friends who will be joining us for the day on 12/24 but not staying over. People are saying this is a "hard closure" and they can't get in unless we put their names on the reservation? And people are even checked if they come off a boat or bus? Guests have always been able to visit us for a day by just giving our name and site # at the guard shack. Can someone give me the definitive answer on exactly how we have to handle this? Thanks!

Cant speak for what is upcoming, but halloween 2 years back they didnt let people in the gate without being on a reservation. That said, I dont belive they checked the boats or bus. And I know they were stricter last year.

Guests have always been able to visit us for a day by just giving our name and site # at the guard shack. Can someone give me the definitive answer on exactly how we have to handle this? Thanks!

Normally, yes. When it's a busy period like Halloween or other holiday times, nope. It's about cars, parking spaces, and so on (because 1 vehicle is already at the campsite). And parking lots overflow at the Fort during holiday times.

Best thing to do is to have their name on your reservation b4 you check in (can have up to 10 names).

If you can't get them added b4, I wait till the day I check in IN PERSON when I arrive at the Fort and ask the CM doing the check in to add names to the reservation. That will put them on the list for the Gate Guard and get them in. If they have Magic Bands, those MAY not work but if their name is on the Security/Guest List, they will be able to drive in the front past the Guard.

Putting them on your reservation officially is the BEST way to go, @PJ .

Bama Ed

PS - @PJ you will be there at a busy Christmas period. Get the names of your guests onto your reservation. It CAN be done in person with charm and friendliness.

Last edited:
Cant speak for what is upcoming, but halloween 2 years back they didnt let people in the gate without being on a reservation. That said, I dont belive they checked the boats or bus. And I know they were stricter last year.

Oh they have CM's scanning Magic Bands at the Theme Parks (like MK) on transportation going back to the Fort about 3 days before Halloween.

I was there for Halloween 2020 and 2022. Our MB's were scanned

Dem's da rulze.

Ed

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter