Guests Managing Expectations When Comparing Disneyland Paris To the Other Parks

We are going in February 2020:

1. Recommendations of which of the onsite hotels you enjoyed. How long are the walks to/from the Parks or how often do the shuttles come?

2. How many days in the parks? At DLR we usually do 3 1/2 days: We are early in with lots of repeat rides on the big rides. We are 20-40 rides/shows/characters per day at WDW and DLR. Getting in early, break in the middle of the day and then back in the parks.

3. Shows there you really like.

Thanks

We are going in February 2020:

1. Recommendations of which of the onsite hotels you enjoyed. How long are the walks to/from the Parks or how often do the shuttles come?

2. How many days in the parks? At DLR we usually do 3 1/2 days: We are early in with lots of repeat rides on the big rides. We are 20-40 rides/shows/characters per day at WDW and DLR. Getting in early, break in the middle of the day and then back in the parks.

3. Shows there you really like.

Thanks
1. Go by theming you like and budget you can afford. I haven't stayed at New York (currently being remodeled into Marvel) or Disneyland Hotel, but I am at the parks all day. I only spend extra time in the hotel during the run weekend. Otherwise, it's a place to sleep.
Disneyland Hotel = At park entrance Disneyland Park
Hotel New York = 5 minutes walk
Sequoia Lodge / Newport Bay = 10 minutes walk
Santa Fe / Cheyenne= 15-20 minutes walk
Shuttles approx. every 15 minutes.
I enjoy the walk, it's a good way to unwind after a long day.

2. Depends on how much time you have, is it a once-in-a-lifetime visit and how much of a Disney fan are you. Based on what you do at DLR, I would suggest the same 2 days would be the very bare minimum. 3 days would be much better. Keep in mind, February means short opening hours. In February 2019 only on occasion the parks were open till 8, most of the days both parks closed at 7.

3. Mickey and the Magician is a must. My guess is there will be some sort of festival going on, whether it's a repeat of Pirates & Princesses, Marvel or something new, DLP is doing better and better with festivals, so whatever it'll be, I have faith it will be worth investing time in shows :)
I don't really care for the Stunt Show in the studios, so if you have no time, that would be my first to skip.
Eventhough the current parade & fireworks show are not my favourites, it's an essential part of my Disney day, so always on my list.

Getting closer to our trip - paid the remaining balance last week! We will only have our arrival evening, the full following day, and half of the day after that to explore the parks. Hoping that is enough since I doubt we'll be back anytime soon if ever. I'm getting excited! I think there will be a Lion King festival going on while we're there. We're staying at Newport Bay which looks really nice! Couldn't stomach the extra cost of the DL Hotel there even though it would have been cool to stay at the entrance. I heard it was in need of a refurb while the Newport Bay hotel had one pretty recently so is actually nicer.

Getting closer to our trip - paid the remaining balance last week! We will only have our arrival evening, the full following day, and half of the day after that to explore the parks. Hoping that is enough since I doubt we'll be back anytime soon if ever. I'm getting excited! I think there will be a Lion King festival going on while we're there. We're staying at Newport Bay which looks really nice! Couldn't stomach the extra cost of the DL Hotel there even though it would have been cool to stay at the entrance. I heard it was in need of a refurb while the Newport Bay hotel had one pretty recently so is actually nicer.

If you go before the end of September (21st, I think), there will be a Lion King and Jungle Book festival going on :) I personally liked the Jungle Book show at the hub better than the Lion King Show in the Frontierland Theater, but both are pretty good. Lines to get into the Lion King show were long, so get in line on time to make sure you have a seat and don't have to wait for the next show.
For the Lion King show I would try to get a seat near the middle at the top of the theater.
For the Jungle Book Jive it's hard to say what a good spot is, as there is so much going on. Best place to watch would probably require some time claiming a spot, right opposite the castle against the rope between the two little stages on your left and right. If you can't get those, go for the stage on the right (when facing the castle) to see Mickey & Minnie in the finale of the show, or go to the stage on your left (when facing the castle) and focus on Donald and Daisy.

But if you are standing on the sidewalk, I would go for the popcorn cart on the right of the hub (when facing the castle), or left of the castle, opposite the entrance of Adventureland. Then you will have the best view of the dancers.

I have some pictures, let me know if you want to be spoiled :)

I haven't tried all the snacks I wanted, but I can recommend the Zebra Macaron (in the booth near Phantom Manor, next to the River boat) and the Chicken bites at Cafe Brousse (right across restaurant Hakuna Matata).

Oh another tip, if you want to meet Mickey with a shorter wait than in his normal meeting spot. Lately there is an unscheduled meet in the gazebo next to Phantom Manor. It's in a corner of the park and not on the entertainment guide, so hardly anyone knows or sees it. Queues were 30-40 minutes when we were there last week. Warning this is not a shady queue.

Speaking of Phantom Manor, if you are into backstory of rides, DLP released this 17-minute video of the ride and the refurbishment this week.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DisneylandParisAnnualPassholders/ (check the videos)

If you go before the end of September (21st, I think), there will be a Lion King and Jungle Book festival going on :) I personally liked the Jungle Book show at the hub better than the Lion King Show in the Frontierland Theater, but both are pretty good. Lines to get into the Lion King show were long, so get in line on time to make sure you have a seat and don't have to wait for the next show.
For the Lion King show I would try to get a seat near the middle at the top of the theater.
For the Jungle Book Jive it's hard to say what a good spot is, as there is so much going on. Best place to watch would probably require some time claiming a spot, right opposite the castle against the rope between the two little stages on your left and right. If you can't get those, go for the stage on the right (when facing the castle) to see Mickey & Minnie in the finale of the show, or go to the stage on your left (when facing the castle) and focus on Donald and Daisy.

But if you are standing on the sidewalk, I would go for the popcorn cart on the right of the hub (when facing the castle), or left of the castle, opposite the entrance of Adventureland. Then you will have the best view of the dancers.

I haven't tried all the snacks I wanted, but I can recommend the Zebra Macaron (in the booth near Phantom Manor, next to the River boat) and the Chicken bites at Cafe Brousse (right across restaurant Hakuna Matata).

Oh another tip, if you want to meet Mickey with a shorter wait than in his normal meeting spot. Lately there is an unscheduled meet in the gazebo next to Phantom Manor. It's in a corner of the park and not on the entertainment guide, so hardly anyone knows or sees it. Queues were 30-40 minutes when we were there last week. Warning this is not a shady queue.

Speaking of Phantom Manor, if you are into backstory of rides, DLP released this 17-minute video of the ride and the refurbishment this week.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DisneylandParisAnnualPassholders/ (check the videos)

Wow, thanks for all of the great tips! I enjoyed the video, especially the tid bits from horticulture since that's my profession - I did my horticulture internship at Epcot! I would love to see some pics. We will be there 8/31-9/2.

Last edited:

Thanks for those great tips! I was already planning on asking for tips for the shows... I‘ll definitely save those !

My wife and I are visiting DLP (and France) for the first time, and probably the last time October 29-November 2. Our son is studying in Lyon and we have decided to go visit. He is going to meet us in Paris. Being huge Disney fans and WDW vets we want to include DLP in our plans.

Some questions...
1) Has anyone done the added excursions Disney offers for packages (Versailles, Paris highlights, etc)? We want to do all those things but find the language and travel in a foreign land maybe a bit daunting. Positive would seem to be that Disney will make it a smooth trip. Negative seems to be that it might cost more to do it that way, and the whole excursion might be a bit sanitized.

2) Can you make reservations for a Disney motel without having park tickets for each night of your stay? The DLP site doesn't let me do that. I'm thinking two days at the parks will be enough. No need for tickets for seven days.

3) How easy is the transfer from CDG to DLP? The way the DLP site describes it is not exactly clear

My wife and I are visiting DLP (and France) for the first time, and probably the last time October 29-November 2. Our son is studying in Lyon and we have decided to go visit. He is going to meet us in Paris. Being huge Disney fans and WDW vets we want to include DLP in our plans.

Some questions...
1) Has anyone done the added excursions Disney offers for packages (Versailles, Paris highlights, etc)? We want to do all those things but find the language and travel in a foreign land maybe a bit daunting. Positive would seem to be that Disney will make it a smooth trip. Negative seems to be that it might cost more to do it that way, and the whole excursion might be a bit sanitized.

2) Can you make reservations for a Disney motel without having park tickets for each night of your stay? The DLP site doesn't let me do that. I'm thinking two days at the parks will be enough. No need for tickets for seven days.

3) How easy is the transfer from CDG to DLP? The way the DLP site describes it is not exactly clear

I'm looking for answers to several of these as well, but I can tell you that you can book room only on Expedia if you don't want a package.

You are taking a very similar trip that we have planned. Staying at Newport Bay, arrival night, full day, then just the morning before we check out. Obviously time of year will make a difference as far as how much you get to see in that time, but please report back when you return. I would love to know what all you were able to do in your time there.

Some questions...

1. I haven't done it, but yes, you pay for the convenience. You could do it cheaper yourself, but it is about what you value and what works best for your family. Don't worry about the language, you are going to one of the biggest tourist areas in the world. The people living/working there encounter so many non-French speaking tourists, you will be able to get by to ask directions, etc. in English.

2. If you only want to do 2 days at the parks, why stay for 7 days in the DLP area? Wouldn't it be better to stay in the city of Paris, then it will be a lot easier to see the highlights of Paris, to go to Versailles etc. It will save you travel time and money.
And no, you can't book it the way you propose. You can book your hotel and tickets separately by either calling DLP or using websites like expedia.com / hotels.com / trivago.com to book your hotel and then book your ticketsonline.

3. *Edit* sorry, misread it, thought you needed to go from Paris to DLP.
From CDG, take the magic shuttle (not similar to Magical Express, you handle your own luggage) about 45 - 60 minutes depending on traffic and which hotels they do first.
Take the train = 10 minutes, but the schedule is irregular.
Take a private car service, there are several topics about this on here. Also about 45 minutes depending on traffic.

Bus and train are about the same price, 23 and 25 euro (starting price for the train).
Private car is about 60 - 75 euro.

With the RER you would get into Paris first, and then to the Park. Cheapest option with 15 euro (?), but will take you two hours.

Last edited:

Some questions...

I think pretty much everything is said for 1) and 2)...
I would also think about staying a few nights in Paris if you just wanna do 2 days in DLP... you Save some time and probably also some $...

About 3) I also had the „problem“ going from CDG to DLP and back...so I already did some research there... and I think the Transfer isn’t a big problem... but you have to choose from a variety of options.. and that’s what makes it maybe a little confusing...
I don’t exactly know what you don’t understand so here is a more general

You can go by magic shuttle (a Disney shuttle bus you pay extra for and that’s takes about an 1h From CDG to DLP I guess...
There are also other shuttles companies you could book ...
You can rent a car (I guess for most guests that’s not really advisable because public transportation should be easier...)
And you can go by train...
2 options there:
TGV (high Speed Train) takes about 10 min from CDG to DLP costs about 20-25€ per I guess (that’s what we booked because we don’t wanna loose to much valuable time on the way to and from the airport and it sounds pretty easy... (though i am already a bit frustrated because I couldn’t buy an e-ticked and just prepay a normal ticket I have to collect when we travel..).
And there is the RER train, a local train service for commuters actually... that’s the easiest way to get into Paris from DLP...( there is construction work going on this Summer what’s makes is a little more complicated... you could also go from CDG to DLP with the RER but you would have to first go from CDG to „central“ Paris change trains and then go back out to DLP... it’s possible but takes some time...

Wow, thanks for all of the great tips! I enjoyed the video, especially the tid bits from horticulture since that's my profession - I did my horticulture internship at Epcot! I would love to see some pics. We will be there 8/31-9/2.

I found the horticulture very interesting as well. I always thought Phantom Manor is one of the best designed spots in any Disney park, but I merely contributed this to the amount of space it got and how you get up to the house, the gazebos etc. I never realized how much impact the plants and trees make.

The Lion King show is very dark, so it’s hard to take good pictures. It's a sort of mix of the animation and the Broadway show. It has all the songs from the animation plus 2 or 3 Broadway songs and the style is also more in line with the Broadway show. It's quite spectacular and there is a lot going on. Even the sign language interpreter is incorporated in the action.

Rafiki (unlike the Broadway show and Mickey and the Magician played by a man)
n5himb.jpg

Mufasa, Simba, Rafiki
2rhu62h.jpg

Scar
2jcgc5e.jpg

Simba, Pumba, Timon
zo6olu.jpg

Nala & Simba
ojijig.jpg

Here are some pics from the Jungle Book Jive, it's from 3 different shows, so 3 different point of views.

It starts with a little pre-parade: some characters come from Main Street in vehicles, some come through the castle with the dancers and drummers (so about 10-15 minutes before showtime the castle walkthrough is closed), and from Small World come the animal floats.

Animal floats, if you get close to one of the animals, look closely how they are made of drums, bells and tambourines.
1z6gsg.jpg

1zppd94.jpg

2zf0kkm.jpg

Goofy is on his way
7267ba.jpg

n37lfm.jpg

Donald and Daisy exploring
1ergxs.jpg

Mickey and Minnie exploring
wrxbi8.jpg

jqqcgg.jpg

2mxkjfs.jpg

2rgdi5g.jpg

“ Trust in me”
2rzyjwp.jpg

Golddiva (not sure of the actual spelling 😉 )
2vayv6w.jpg

102jazp.jpg

We just came back from a 2 week London and Paris trip. We were in London first then took the Eurostar to Paris and were there 3 1/2 days including a day at Versailles then our travel agent had booked us a car to drive us to DLP where we stayed for 2 nights at the Disneyland Hotel and then went back to London. We absolutely loved Disneyland! It was so easy to hop between the 2 parks. Some rides or shows were in both English and French and some just in French but not a problem. We got extra magic hours at 8:30 am for staying at an on property hotel which was wonderful. We had a pretty easy time in Paris itself. A lot of people speak English but my DM who took French in school tried to speak it a little and people seemed to appreciate it.

You are taking a very similar trip that we have planned. Staying at Newport Bay, arrival night, full day, then just the morning before we check out. Obviously time of year will make a difference as far as how much you get to see in that time, but please report back when you return. I would love to know what all you were able to do in your time there.

I will definitely report back! May write up a trip report as well. I am hoping that maybe we can have more than a half day in the park on our last day, but it will depend on when the latest Disney bus leaves for the airport - can't remember, maybe I already booked that... need to double check! Anyway, we don't fly out until the following morning but wanted to make sure we weren't stressed about missing our international flights so we decided to stay in an airport hotel the night before we fly out.

Thanks for sharing all of the great pics of the shows, @Karin1984! Seeing them is making me even more excited for our trip!

Thanks for the advice and insight so far. I'm a pretty good travel planner for any domestic trip, but this France thing seems hard for me to tackle. So many things to figure... I am surprised to hear that the language won't be a problem in Paris. My cursory panning so far seems to indicate that familiarity with French is essential.

I am surprised to hear that the language won't be a problem in Paris. My cursory panning so far seems to indicate that familiarity with French is essential.

I think 10-20 years ago, that was absolutely the case. We went to France on holidays every year when I was a kid and we really needed my dad who spoke French or use gestures to make ourselves clear.

Yes, nowadays there are still people in France who do not speak English at all (I have a few colleagues who don't or hardly), and France is one of the worst European countries when it comes to teaching foreign languages. But the world is changing, more and more people are able to travel and with more tourists (Who don't speak French), there needed to be a common language. That is starting to become English. Of course you can run into the odd French person who doesn't speak English at all, or refuses to (yes, this also happens), in Paris and DLP you should be able to get around

If you go to rural places where they see only a handful of tourists, it will be more difficult.

Will it be appreciated if you speak French or make an effort ? That for sure. So learning your basics of bonjour, merci, ou sont les toilettes? will always come in handy. ;)

Last edited:
Hello all,
Glad I found this thread. I know this sounds crazy, but I am looking at about 4 years out. My wife was joking that we should go to Paris, and trying to find an excuse, she said it could be our oldest's HS graduation present. So, I got to thinking and started doing some preliminary research, and I think we will do this. That being said, from what I can tell, we would probably look at a total of about 4-5 days max at the parks (by 2023, the Studios Park expansion should have mostly been completed. But also spending a few days exploring Paris, maybe another 3-4. Based on what I was able to find/read, it would seem best to treat the DLP portion and the Paris portion as 2 different legs of our trip with 2 different hotels, yes? That being said, what are the benefits of staying onsite for the DLP portion? Staying onsite at WDW has a lot of advantages, whereas DLR in California benefits are not nearly as much of a draw, and we stayed off-site, within walking distance, just last month. We are a family of 5, and at time, would have 3 boys of 18, 14, and 11. Are the fastpass or meal plan benefits of staying on site a big draw versus what is available to just the general attending public? Also, I had heard about the Val d'Europe area as being a better budget option than the DLP resorts. These would be off-site, and thus obviously not able to take advantage of the on-site advantages...however, would this be a good way to stay in one place for the entirety of our stay instead of splitting up between DLP and Paris? If we do stay off-site, then from what I can tell, I would also NOT be "forced" into getting park tickets for every night of the stay, like if we stayed onsite the entire time, correct? I hope this all makes sense. I've just started looking into all of this, and I have never even been to Europe. So many bucket list things and places to do.

Thanks!

Hello all,
Glad I found this thread. I know this sounds crazy, but I am looking at about 4 years out. My wife was joking that we should go to Paris, and trying to find an excuse, she said it could be our oldest's HS graduation present. So, I got to thinking and started doing some preliminary research, and I think we will do this. That being said, from what I can tell, we would probably look at a total of about 4-5 days max at the parks (by 2023, the Studios Park expansion should have mostly been completed. But also spending a few days exploring Paris, maybe another 3-4. Based on what I was able to find/read, it would seem best to treat the DLP portion and the Paris portion as 2 different legs of our trip with 2 different hotels, yes? That being said, what are the benefits of staying onsite for the DLP portion? Staying onsite at WDW has a lot of advantages, whereas DLR in California benefits are not nearly as much of a draw, and we stayed off-site, within walking distance, just last month. We are a family of 5, and at time, would have 3 boys of 18, 14, and 11. Are the fastpass or meal plan benefits of staying on site a big draw versus what is available to just the general attending public? Also, I had heard about the Val d'Europe area as being a better budget option than the DLP resorts. These would be off-site, and thus obviously not able to take advantage of the on-site advantages...however, would this be a good way to stay in one place for the entirety of our stay instead of splitting up between DLP and Paris? If we do stay off-site, then from what I can tell, I would also NOT be "forced" into getting park tickets for every night of the stay, like if we stayed onsite the entire time, correct? I hope this all makes sense. I've just started looking into all of this, and I have never even been to Europe. So many bucket list things and places to do.

Thanks!
For a big, once in a life time trip, you can never start too early. I've been working on my New Zealand trip for years ;-) (Hopefully 2021 :D )
And you don't need an excuse, just wanting to go is reason enough, travelling to foreign countries is good for the development of yourself and your children if you need another one.

1. Split stay?
Yes, if you are indeed looking at about 4-5 days at DLP and 3-4 in Paris, I would do two hotels.
As it would take about 45-60 minutes to get from DLP to Paris and vice versa. When it's the end of the day and you are tired, you probably want to go back to the hotel as soon as possible. With this plan, I personally, would split. Or stay in the DLP area as this is where you want to spend the most time.

2. Onsite:
Main benefit: You will have access to the early magic hours, which is very useful when you are travelling in high season. That being said, if you have 4-5 days, you will have time to do it 'all' even without EMH. It only depends on how many times you want to do certain rides, see a certain show.
Other benefits: Depending on the offers available, the meal plans sometimes can be a good deal. Be in walking distance of the parks (20 minutes if you stay value). Characters at the hotel. Swimming pools (at the mid/deluxe hotels).

If you would stay in one of the concierge levels, you will get a free fast pass per person per day, but with 4-5 days at the parks, that is not as necessary.
So if you would stay onsite and have budget constraints, I would definitely stay in a standard room.

However, your challenge is more in staying with 3 adults and 2 growing boys. Family rooms for more than 4 people are not widely available.
You would have to look at the Disneyland Hotel, New Port Bay and probably by that time Hotel New York will be re-opened with some options. You will have 2 double beds, and a sofabed. Or go for 2 rooms in the value hotels. Just to be more comfortable.

Instead of the Val D'Europe area, I would like to suggest the partner hotels. There are free shuttles for sure, running frequently, some have swimming pools as well. And at Campanile or Explorers you will have rooms with two double beds and a bunkbed, or a double bed, 2 singles and a bunkbed, etc.

A room for 3 adults, 2 children can also be a challenge for staying in Paris. Also here look into what will be a better option for the budget, 2 cheap rooms or 1 family room.

3. Val D'Europe Area
Yes, definitely cheaper than the Disney Hotels, but do have a good look at the offers with meal plans, as sometimes this can even out staying off site. And if your off site hotel has a free shuttle, do you have to pay for it, what are the times the shuttles go, or for the use of the subway, etc. When you have a full picture, the difference might not be that big. As mentioned, I would have a look at the partner hotels.

4. Packages.
It is possible to stay at a Disney Hotel and not have tickets for all days off your stay, incl arrival/departure day. When you do it online on the DLP website, yes, then the system will only give you that option. When you use websites like hotel.com/booking.com/expedia.com/trivago.com, you can book a room only and book your tickets online on the DLP website. Or you can of course call Disney and make a room only reservation and a buy your tickets.

For a big, once in a life time trip, you can never start too early. I've been working on my New Zealand trip for years ;-) (Hopefully 2021 :D )
And you don't need an excuse, just wanting to go is reason enough, travelling to foreign countries is good for the development of yourself and your children if you need another one.

1. Split stay?
Yes, if you are indeed looking at about 4-5 days at DLP and 3-4 in Paris, I would do two hotels.
As it would take about 45-60 minutes to get from DLP to Paris and vice versa. When it's the end of the day and you are tired, you probably want to go back to the hotel as soon as possible. With this plan, I personally, would split. Or stay in the DLP area as this is where you want to spend the most time.

2. Onsite:
Main benefit: You will have access to the early magic hours, which is very useful when you are travelling in high season. That being said, if you have 4-5 days, you will have time to do it 'all' even without EMH. It only depends on how many times you want to do certain rides, see a certain show.
Other benefits: Depending on the offers available, the meal plans sometimes can be a good deal. Be in walking distance of the parks (20 minutes if you stay value). Characters at the hotel. Swimming pools (at the mid/deluxe hotels).

If you would stay in one of the concierge levels, you will get a free fast pass per person per day, but with 4-5 days at the parks, that is not as necessary.
So if you would stay onsite and have budget constraints, I would definitely stay in a standard room.

However, your challenge is more in staying with 3 adults and 2 growing boys. Family rooms for more than 4 people are not widely available.
You would have to look at the Disneyland Hotel, New Port Bay and probably by that time Hotel New York will be re-opened with some options. You will have 2 double beds, and a sofabed. Or go for 2 rooms in the value hotels. Just to be more comfortable.

Instead of the Val D'Europe area, I would like to suggest the partner hotels. There are free shuttles for sure, running frequently, some have swimming pools as well. And at Campanile or Explorers you will have rooms with two double beds and a bunkbed, or a double bed, 2 singles and a bunkbed, etc.

A room for 3 adults, 2 children can also be a challenge for staying in Paris. Also here look into what will be a better option for the budget, 2 cheap rooms or 1 family room.

3. Val D'Europe Area
Yes, definitely cheaper than the Disney Hotels, but do have a good look at the offers with meal plans, as sometimes this can even out staying off site. And if your off site hotel has a free shuttle, do you have to pay for it, what are the times the shuttles go, or for the use of the subway, etc. When you have a full picture, the difference might not be that big. As mentioned, I would have a look at the partner hotels.

4. Packages.
It is possible to stay at a Disney Hotel and not have tickets for all days off your stay, incl arrival/departure day. When you do it online on the DLP website, yes, then the system will only give you that option. When you use websites like hotel.com/booking.com/expedia.com/trivago.com, you can book a room only and book your tickets online on the DLP website. Or you can of course call Disney and make a room only reservation and a buy your tickets.
Thank you so much.

As for the timing and planning, we were just at WDW and DLR within 6 months of each other (late Nov18-June19), we have a quick WDW-DCL in Feb 2020, and DS-14 has a school sponsored trip to Ireland in July 2020 that DW and I are going as well. That, plus we are looking at 2021 for WDW's 50th anniversary, and probably a 2022 return to DLR for Marvel addition, AND, we had heard that the Marvel, Star Wars, and Frozen additions are coming to WDSP in Paris, but that they won't be ready at least until closer to being ready prior to the 2024 summer Olympics, so, that's really our timeline for everything. Plus, we will probably try to squeeze in another DCL in there somewhere.

I do have a question about the dining plans. I have seen that a current special is running now (at least on the American site) that includes a free half-board. I have also read that since these are value-vouchers, that we could still order what we would and just use the vouchers for partial payment and pay out of pocket for the remainder. I also recognize that booking via different national websites will have different rates and different offers, and all of that homework will have to be done. I also assume that my TA would be able to help with all of this (or does using a TA bind one in ethically in using the US site and US rates?? I just am not aware).

So, regarding dining. Is the dining plan really worth it (not really monetarily), but in terms of availability. I had heard where several of the restaurants close down early in the evening, and we might get stuck with unused meals or not be able to find a place to eat in the park that has availability.

Also, we have determined that we will NOT be using the WDW dining plan for many/any future trips, simply because our two youngest have been eating more picky and/or less volume, and we would have so many snacks/meals leftover and unused. While, come 2023, they will be older and able to eat more, but also, by that time, at least one (maybe two) of the three adults will have undergone bariatric surgery, and will have difficulty eating full portions. Now, again, maybe I am assuming a similarity in American portions versus those served at DLP restaurants, and if so, please let me know. However, if this is the case, would getting the meal plan (unless it is greatly discounted or free) be unnecessary/not-in-our-best-interests? Yet, if indeed the vouchers can be used for a dollar-amount value, then could we then just order how our family would eat and just pay with the vouchers like we otherwise normally would (and just pay the balance oop?)

Again, sorry for all the questions. And I suppose these may all be moot if trends, policies, or practices change in the next 3-4 years. But again, I just started wrapping my head around this just a couple of days ago.

Thanks again!!

2. Onsite:

I did notice the lack of availability for families of 5. I saw Newport Bay as probably a better fit, with the Disneyland Hotel being quite pricey. Would have to wait until the NY is reopened to get pricing there. So, are there characters that just roam around the hotel? Obviously, that would also relieve some character meets in the parks themselves. And the EMH wasn't really needed at DLR when we were just there, mainly because the parks didn't fill up until later in the day (if at all) - and that even included us waiting to enter SWGE on two days for our two 8 AM reservation times. On the other hand, our youngest has issues with lines, long waits, etc and we were able to use a DAS pass for him to help make up for the lack of EMH or other line-related issues. Four years from now, we are unsure if he will still need that assistance or not, depending on how he develops and grows. (I did read some preliminary information on how that is done at DLP, with the need of a letter, etc. - what we could NOT so easily find, however, is how it works functionally, if acquired; does it actually work like the ones in the US, where it can be used to get a return time and you enter at a designated area? or is it only available on certain attractions, etc.) If he does still need assistance, and the DLP version doesn't quite cut it (I really don't want that to sound as negatively as I think it might be read), then the EMH might indeed be a very important consideration. Do the crowds at DLP show up for rope drop or do they mosey on in around lunch time/early afternoon?

Regarding timing, when do the local schools usually get out and bring about peak season for European locals? May? June? early June? late June? April?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter